EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Egyptian Culture

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egyptian Culture
Plunkett
Member # 3781

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Plunkett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi I need some advice about Egyptians and inheritance rules.- Let me give some background info first.

This guy I know is the youngest of four brothers. He has sisters too.

Apparently, when his father died the family business went to the eldest brother (which I am told is normal). The mother has since passed away and this guy lives in the old family home. However, he now says that he wants to take his right from the business before the eldest brother signs it over to his son who is about to marry.

The eldest brother lives like a millionaire. The next brother works at the family business and doesn't do too bad, although he isn't rich.

Here is the problem. This guy says he needs money to hire a lawyer to take his rights. Is this a normal case for Egyptians? Can it be true? or is it a simple scam to get money from me?

I am, of course, depending on some truth from caring people out there.

Posts: 107 | From: London, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Plunkett:
Hi I need some advice about Egyptians and inheritance rules.- Let me give some background info first.

Apparently, when his father died the family business went to the eldest brother (which I am told is normal). The mother has since passed away and this guy lives in the old family home. However, he now says that he wants to take his right from the business before the eldest brother signs it over to his son who is about to marry.

The eldest brother lives like a millionaire. The next brother works at the family business and doesn't do too bad, although he isn't rich.

Here is the problem. This guy says he needs money to hire a lawyer to take his rights. Is this a normal case for Egyptians? Can it be true? or is it a simple scam to get money from me?

Plunkett

For specifics, you may want to get a legal advice from a lawyer. Maybe someone here can recommend a good lawyer who would work for your interests. Good luck to you

Posts: 995 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lisane
Member # 3410

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lisane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

delete

[This message has been edited by lisane (edited 10 July 2004).]

Posts: 32 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Undead
Member # 3380

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is a typical scam, don't do it.
Posts: 238 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds strange ...but let's give him the benefit of the doubt:

1- ask for details about the family business and the brother that lives like a millionaire
2- if he hides information drop the man
3- if he does give you information suggest he sells anything he can to hire a lawyer

NOTE:
In Egypt people REALLY help each other, I mean close friends will come up with a reasonable amount for a friend. It is very common.
BUT................
A man asking for money from a woman and a stranger (you are not family) is not something considered very 'manly' or very appreciated in Egypt. Although some do it ~ I would not trust that attitude too much ~ there are exceptions to this, of course.
Nevertheless, based on my knowledge, a genuinely decent and proud Egyptian man does NOT 'take' money from a woman, let alone a stranger!

An Egyptian man, borrowing money from a woman, or getting into partnership with a woman for business purposes is more frequent lately, but you have to really check that individual inside out!

quote:

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 12 April 2004).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com