EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » muslim girls and western men

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: muslim girls and western men
amiraela
Member # 4201

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for amiraela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is it possible for marrages between a western non muslim and an egyptian muslim girl 2 work? i know of a western man age 63 who is to marry an egyptian muslim girl aged 28 who has never been married the two concerned are said to be very much in love after meeting in january the western man has no plans to convert to islam niether has he any idea of the ways the plan is to split up the year 6 months in egypt 6 months in uk the girl has never been weternised or left egypt should or could she adapt? none of the concerned could speak each others language though the girl is now learning english how do u advise? i myself have been married 6 years to an egyptian muslim man and we are both very happy.
Posts: 16 | From: N IRELAND | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In order to do this she would have to go against the teachings of Islam. Whilst it is allowed for a Muslim mand to marry a non Muslim woman (although though she has to be a woman of the book i.e. Christain or Jewish) it is not allowed for a Muslim woman to do so.

I can not imagine that her family would be happy of this situation and would probably disown her.

As has already been said she could not get married in Egypt.

I could not imagine that she could live in Egypt either after the wedding as if it was known that she was Muslim and he was not then the comminity where they were living would be against them.

So she would have to leave her religion, her family and her country.

From the sounds of your post she has only met this man briefly and has fallen in love with an impression rather than a reality. With no common language there can be little deepth to their reltionship as yet.

She has to be prepared to all the above for a man she has only known briefly and superficially no matter how deeply she loves him.

And then where are they going to go, what country does he come from, what is the likelyhood of them granting her a visa.

What do you think an embassy would make of their relationship, would they believe it to be a genuine one.

If I was a betting person I don't think I would be putting money on this one.

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But it makes a change from elderly European men marrying Philipino or Thai wives who can't speak English either and is little different from older European women marrying Egyptian men with whom they cannot talk.

It depends on what the woman wants out of life. What are her chances of finding an Egyptian husband (genuine question).

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you check around I think you will find this subject was discussed in detail when it was first posted. It seems ahmed2004 wanted to give another Muslim the benefit of his knowledge in how to avoid the earthly consequences of Islamic law! I wonder how he would feel if someone was giving a female member of his family similar advice?
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natashiah
Member # 4566

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Natashiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by amiraela:
is it possible for marrages between a western non muslim and an egyptian muslim girl 2 work?

Well if her family has anything to say about it...depending on the family that she comes from.....TABOO!If he does not convert...in Islam marriage to him will not be allowed!If she converts...depending on the family she comes from...she will be as good as dead to them...or litterally dead.That does not only go for Egyptian Muslim girls ...its for all Muslim girls in general.Sorry if I upset you but thats the way it is.

By family type I mean back ground,roots etc.

Posts: 723 | From: South Africa | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com