EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Doubts and what to do next? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Doubts and what to do next?
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I`m quite new here, but during that short period I noticed some remarkable similarity`s.
A lot of Western women seem to have relationships with Egyptian man, and they all have doubt about that important step to make: getting married.
Because they`re doubting they are searching for information that can be given by women who have had expierences in that.
Most of the time that expierences are not very positive, so the doubting becomes heavier.
Of course, like any other Western women should do, they shall talk about it with their futurious partner.
And of course the man will (correctly) raise objections by saying that all people are not the same and every nation will have good people and bad people.
And nobody can tell the doubting women what kind of man she is dealing with.
And as long as the man in question did nothing wrong, the women stay doubting.

I think you have to realize that 95% of the Egyptian people is poor, 5% own the major part of the capital.
So, you have 95% chance that your lover is poor.

Being poor is not wrong, but it has consequences in Egypt. You can compare it with the caste-system in India. The man and his family represent a certain level in the community. It doesn`t only have to do with money, but also with what kind of job he can get, what kind of education he has had, how he was raised up, what kind of person he can become.
When you are born poor, it`s almost impossible to get out of it, except when you can get the chance to a Western country.

Religious restrictions don`t count, he can make money for his family, and he will become a respectable man.Far away from the family, he can get a rather free life, the only problem is how to get there?
30 Years ago man could travel without any trouble to any Western country, take a job and work on his future.
But, the doors are closed, so they have to be inventive.
Marriage with a Western women.Of course they also don`t have any idea about Western women, so it is as new for them as it is for you.
So, they start trying, by internet. Every contact will bring them new expierences, and the do`s and don`ts are shared by his friends.

One of the first things they learn is the complete different way how we think about sex.
The preconceived opinion that all women are whores of course isn`t true, as it is also not true that all Arabic man are passionated lustfull unreliable swindlers.But it fascinates them all!

Because the family also will have that prejudicive opinion in mind, usually they won`t be very happy with the choice of their son.(If you happen to get into a good family)

So, the first things you have to know is:

What are his futurious prospects in Egypt? If that`s like he always will stay a poor man, or can he make money enough to take care of his wife and children, buy them a house etc.

Does he have a dependant family behind him?
When he has to pay for his family he heven needs to make more money. Is he able to do that?

Learn the language!As soon as you understand the language you can talk with his family, get an impression of them.He can`t tell stories to his family, it will make it more difficult to cheat.
If he has a clear mind, he only will be happy with it. But if he`s trying to frustrate your efforts, then something is wrong.

Get to know his family!!! Family is the most important, you`re going to be part of it. Find out as much as possible, about their background, how they live, all...

Keep in mind: telling the truth is easy, because you don`t have to think that much. If somebody doesn`t tell the truth, one day or another, he will make mistakes.Don`t accept entangled exploinations, even when he is changing the subject, go back to the point that gave you a red flag, and demand clearness. Who has nothing to hide will answer you, and not try to get rid of it, or changing the subject.

Listen to your intuition, and try to keep thinking rationally. If you have doubts, don`t take major decisions.
First you have to be absolutely sure!

At last, try to understand the culture. It`s completely different but with some empathy you will understand. Chiefly the women are very honest, kind and sweet. They are also the ones that are the most straight. Talk with the women of the family`s.Think about how it should be for YOU to live like them.

So, it`s absolutely needed to go to Egypt, meet his family, talk, look and listen.Listen to the women and listen to your intuition.

And if your final decision should mean that you will be able to live in an Egyptian way, may Allah be with you...

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithalwaysn4ever
Member # 11860

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithalwaysn4ever     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well said ??????.
Posts: 120 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great post and I agree with just about all of it, well put.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unsure
Member # 12244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bravo ?????
Posts: 319 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to ES, ?????. I too am a newbie and it's nice to see any measure of common sense, on this thorny subject.
Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Polina
Member # 12234

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Polina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
????? u helped me and I belive to a lot of other girls...U r a great person and this is a great post!
Have my best wishes and thank u again!

Posts: 169 | From: somewhere | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think that 95% of Egypt is poor. 5% that live in Egypt are wealthy, yes and there is also a 5%-10% that reside outside of Egypt that are wealthy too.

Then there is the 15% that is upper middle class and middle middle class. Thats the class my former in-laws belong to. And somehow my FIL managed to pull tens of thousands of dollars out of a hat to ensure my ex could pay his business debts and stay out of bankruptacy.

Then there is the lower middle class and a booming 40% severe poverty.

So its not so black and white.

And not all relationship duties and relationship bending must be done by the foreign wife.

Its a husband's job to become educated on his wife's culture and faith, just as much as it is the wife's duty.

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
5% Of the people own 95% of the possessions, economic and financial. This are statistics, and this kind of results are being used to express the equivalence from the total population, the levels between rich and poor.
What`s rich and what`s poor is just a artificial fact.
Alarming is the fact that de differences only became bigger, for the last decennia.
Rich people become richer, poor people become poorer.
That so called middle-class didn`t know the problems they`re having now, 30 years ago.
Knowledge dissappeared and still is dissappearing, and education on Western level is rather prohibitive.
Tuition fees from $ 8.000,-- a year a child are difficult to pay when you have a job in Egypt, isn`t it?
This is an example for economic reasons to try and leave the country, in Europe we have had the same 50 years ago, in that days the people immigrated to country`s as Australia, Canada etc.
The living standards right now in Europe and probably the US as well, are much higher then they are in Egypt.
The difference between rich and poor is smaller.
With an ordinarry job, you still have a house, healthcare and education are available for everybody, and with a bit of saving money, you will be able to support the family in Egypt.
Because that little saving money means a big amount in Egypt.
Above that, untill a few years ago, one man in Europe could move his whole family to Europe, so they all could make use of that social standards.
Right now all this became a lot more difficult, so a relationship with somebody with an European passport is needed.
People know that, and try that.
A part is playing the game as a business-ocassion; a paper relationship where is payed for ( a lot!) or try to get a love affair.
It`s abusement but the goal is more important in the eyes of a longing young man.
I really have heard man say: I will make her love me. And they can...
Only yesterday somebody told me the story about such a couple, the passport was given and 1 month later the new citizen searched for a reason to disagree and left, after 3 years of marriage. Passport inside, marriage outside.
It happens all the time!
And the one who stays behind feels abused, swindled, misleaded.
I know women who are traumatized for life.
They did everything to make it possible to get her husband to her country, in the sake of love, and after all it seemed to be one big stage play.
To avoid this, you have to know more about the man in question.
To be sure he has good intentions.
That he isn`t using women for his own wellness.
And that`s what I wanted to tell. A warning, based on what I`ve seen and what I know.
Women have to help each other, instead of criticising somebody`s who actually wants to offer help.
Of course it`s not black and white.
Of course there still are good men.
But what`s more reasonable to believe when you keep that statistics in mind?

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
5% Of the people own 95% of the possessions, economic and financial. This are statistics, and this kind of results are being used to express the equivalence from the total population, the levels between rich and poor.
Alarming is the fact that de differences only became bigger, for the last decennia.
That so called middle-class didn`t know the problems they`re having now, 30 years ago.
Knowledge dissappeared and still is dissappearing, and education on Western level is rather prohibitive.
Tuition fees from $ 8.000,-- a year a child are difficult to pay when you have a job in Egypt, isn`t it?
This is an example for economic reasons to try and leave the country, in Europe we have had the same 50 years ago, in that days the people immigrated to country`s as Australia, Canada etc.
The living standards right now in Europe and probably the US as well, are much higher then they are in Egypt.
With an ordinarry job, you still have a house, healthcare and education are available for everybody, and with a bit of saving money, you will be able to support the family in Egypt.
Above that, untill a few years ago, one man in Europe could move his whole family to Europe, so they all could make use of that social standards.
Right now all this became a lot more difficult, so a relationship with somebody with an European passport is needed.
A part is playing the game as a business-ocassion; a paper relationship where is payed for ( a lot!) or try to get a love affair.
It`s abusement but the goal is more important in the eyes of a longing young man.
Only yesterday somebody told me the story about such a couple, the passport was given and 1 month later the new citizen searched for a reason to disagree and left, after 3 years of marriage. Passport inside, marriage outside.
It happens all the time!
They did everything to make it possible to get her husband to her country, in the sake of love, and after all it seemed to be one big stage play.
And that`s what I wanted to tell. A warning, based on what I`ve seen and what I know.
Women have to help each other, instead of criticising somebody`s who actually wants to offer help.

5% Of the people own 95% of the possessions, economic and financial.

At the time of the revolution! When Nassar and the Free Officers over threw King Farouk's reign and British colonization.

Now after over 50 years later things are different.

According to Galal A. Amin an Egyptian economist its no longer a 95%-5% society

Whatever Happened to the Egyptians?: Changes in Egyptian Society from 1950 to the Present:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9789774245596&itm=2

You don't like what I post fine, but don't knock an expert such as Galal A. Amin.

I have a graph from his book indicating the change in the class structure from 1950 and 1990. I'll look up where I had saved it on my hard drive at home. Tomorrow I will post the graph.

I have the stats and I will share them with you, from the Economist Galal A. Amin,

In the meantime get your own expert in and post a reference to their work indicating that over the last 50 years nothing has changed in Egypt.

Go ahead I dare you! [Big Grin]

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
quote:
It happens all the time!

And you are assuming that all Egyptian/Foreign relationships are internet or vacation based.
Mimmi
Member # 3606

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mimmi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ?????:
[??????. Very nice posting.
This is something useful information to very many on ES.
Just don't care about Sono =SAmara Anissa, she knows everything better than anybody else.
Shet hinks that she even knows everything about everybody else on ES better than they know them selves.

Posts: 523 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mimmi:
Just don't care about Sono =SAmara Anissa, she knows everything better than anybody else.
Shet hinks that she even knows everything about everybody else on ES better than they know them selves.

mimmi she does!!! she knows more about everyone than they know about themselves, its quite amazing [Eek!]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
quote:

Difference is I am not in denile.

Nor am I a sugarmama or a passing fancy.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Samarra_Anissa:
quote:

DENIAL sono, its DENIAL

de (the) nile is a river in egypt

and what has this got to do with anything??

I agree you are in denial

al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:

mimmi she does!!! she knows more about everyone than they know about themselves, its quite amazing [Eek!]
Actually at least I don't believe everything a particular someone tells me, and then hand over my life savings to that person.

There are plenty people who know much more about Egypt.

But they chose not to share because no one wants to be exposed to their perceptions and their knowledge. Because it would completely eliminate most of the hopes of many Egyboard usernames.

Besides its been proven time and time again, that no matter what kind of warnings you give, no matter how off a username hopes really are; these usernames such as yourself need to lose everything, be utterly humiliated and at the same time won't post at any of these egy-board again after they woke up to reality.

I mean seriously, out of all these women who have met their love interests either on vacation or the internet. ONce they made their move how many of them continue to post?

Not many, and the ones who do are put up on a pedastal by foreign women who are about to convene on the same fiasco.

No wonder the British Embassy won't help these women recover their money and investments. No wonder the British Embassy won't issue plane tickets for these women to return home.

The British Embassy would only encourage this cottage industry to grow ever more rapidly if they showed any mercy!

al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

DENIAL sono, its DENIAL

No I understand very well that marriage to a man who doesn't share the same relationship expectations isn't going to be a very happy one.

Do you understand that what Egyptians feel constitute a happy marriage is entirely alien from what a western would consider a happy marriage? Do you understand that Egyptians especially Luxor locals are very different from westerners?

You on the other hand are being duped. And you are giving up your entire lifesavings, which isn't much.

Seriously Ayisha, how long ago did you get your divorce? How long ago did you meet your new husband on vacation or over the internet?

Seriously how long do you think your life savings is going to last in the hands of your new husband?

Do you have any control over how your money is being put to use in Egypt?

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Actually at least I don't believe everything a particular someone tells me, and then hand over my life savings to that person.

There are plenty people who know much more about Egypt.

But they chose not to share because no one wants to be exposed to their perceptions and their knowledge. Because it would completely eliminate most of the hopes of many Egyboard usernames.

Besides its been proven time and time again, that no matter what kind of warnings you give, no matter how off a username hopes really are; these usernames such as yourself need to lose everything, be utterly humiliated and at the same time won't post at any of these egy-board again after they woke up to reality.

I mean seriously, out of all these women who have met their love interests either on vacation or the internet. ONce they made their move how many of them continue to post?

Not many, and the ones who do are put up on a pedastal by foreign women who are about to convene on the same fiasco.

No wonder the British Embassy won't help these women recover their money and investments. No wonder the British Embassy won't issue plane tickets for these women to return home.

The British Embassy would only encourage this cottage industry to grow ever more rapidly if they showed any mercy!

yes there are lots of women who believe what they are told, some hand over thier life savings some hand over their babies, some get duped, some survive. Those women that take the plunge and move may not post anymore because they are getting on with life and anjoying it. [Big Grin]

what has the British Embassy got to do with anything? there are as many Americans, Dutch, Swiss, French, German women do the same. Yours just doesnt want you with him or your child while in Egypt while others live as a family.

The majority of your info on Egypt is from books and king kong, many of us are IN Egypt but you still assume you know more than even the Egyptians in Egypt!!

al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
quote:
yes there are lots of women who believe what they are told, some hand over thier life savings some hand over their babies, some get duped, some survive. Those women that take the plunge and move may not post anymore because they are getting on with life and anjoying it. [Big Grin]

what has the British Embassy got to do with anything? there are as many Americans, Dutch, Swiss, French, German women do the same. Yours just doesnt want you with him or your child while in Egypt while others live as a family.

The majority of your info on Egypt is from books and king kong, many of us are IN Egypt but you still assume you know more than even the Egyptians in Egypt!!

But there is where the difference lies Ayisha.

The ones you know who live in Egypt still have some money for their husbands to burn through.

And like I have said before I don't get all my info from books and my ex, I get alot of first hand knowledge from non-westerners who have lived in Cairo. Many MIddle Easterners, West and East Africans who spent part of their childhood in Cairo I have gone to school with.

Seriously Ayisha are there any Egyptians where you live?

Where have you gotten your info on Egypt from? Visiting your love interest, chatting your with your love interest, egyboards and then other Orfi/cowives who live in Luxor who still have some money left?

Ayisha, you are an older woman. When its done and over with, you'll have to spend the last years of your life being haunted with this experience. You r children will find this fiasco of yours enough fodder to grade your mental competence and make decisions on your behalf.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

DENIAL sono, its DENIAL

No I understand very well that marriage to a man who doesn't share the same relationship expectations isn't going to be a very happy one.
Thats because YOU married a man that didnt have the same relationship expectations as you, I married a man WITH the same relationship expectations as me, lucky me [Big Grin]

quote:
Do you understand that what Egyptians feel constitute a happy marriage is entirely alien from what a western would consider a happy marriage? Do you understand that Egyptians especially Luxor locals are very different from westerners?
yes i grasped that in the many times I have been there. Of course Luxor locals are different to westerners, because they are Egyptians, and Egypt is NOT in the west. I dont agree about thier ideas being alien to mine though.

quote:
You on the other hand are being duped. And you are giving up your entire lifesavings, which isn't much.
my entire life savings?? where did you get that from? I dont have ANY savings and my husband knows it.

quote:
Seriously Ayisha, how long ago did you get your divorce? How long ago did you meet your new husband on vacation or over the internet?
what has this got to do with anything? some more info to add to your massive database on ES users? OK just so you get it right when you quote it, I was divorced in May 2001, we had been seperated since feb 2000. I met my husband in june 2004. OK? now what are you going to manage to glean from that piece of info?

quote:
Seriously how long do you think your life savings is going to last in the hands of your new husband?

Do you have any control over how your money is being put to use in Egypt?

My money, if i have any, will be in my hands anyway, its entirely up to you if you beleive that or not it makes no difference to me either way. Yes I will have control over any money I may or may not have in Egypt, again do as you wish with that info.

How much control will you have over your daughters future if and when you ever manage to live in the same country as her?

How much control will YOU have over your money if and when you ever get to live in Egypt?

How many times have you actually BEEN to Egypt?

You may have met your monkey in USA but was all his papers up to date and could he have stayed indeffinately without marrying YOU?? I doubt it.

How much do you hand over each month to someone who is bringing up your child? How do you know it all goes on her, or if any of it does?

so you are basically as stupid as, or MORE stupid than most of the women you look down on. parting with cash is one thing, parting with your baby is entirely a different thing.

You cant bear to see any other woman happy can you? because you are not happy at all, it shows in your venomous posts.

al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
quote:
My money, if i have any, will be in my hands anyway, its entirely up to you if you beleive that or not it makes no difference to me either way. Yes I will have control over any money I may or may not have in Egypt, again do as you wish with that info.

How much control will you have over your daughters future if and when you ever manage to live in the same country as her?

How much control will YOU have over your money if and when you ever get to live in Egypt?

How many times have you actually BEEN to Egypt?

You may have met your monkey in USA but was all his papers up to date and could he have stayed indeffinately without marrying YOU?? I doubt it.

How much do you hand over each month to someone who is bringing up your child? How do you know it all goes on her, or if any of it does?

so you are basically as stupid as, or MORE stupid than most of the women you look down on. parting with cash is one thing, parting with your baby is entirely a different thing.

You cant bear to see any other woman happy can you? because you are not happy at all, it shows in your venomous posts.

Look who is getting nasty.

I don't need to name call, but obviously you do.

Starting popping those fish oil capsules now.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
But there is where the difference lies Ayisha.

The ones you know who live in Egypt still have some money for their husbands to burn through.

many I know in Egypt have businesses that their husbands have built up. Many others I know in Egypt are being supported by thier husbands. Lots of differences.

quote:
And like I have said before I don't get all my info from books and my ex, I get alot of first hand knowledge from non-westerners who have lived in Cairo. Many MIddle Easterners, West and East Africans who spent part of their childhood in Cairo I have gone to school with.

Seriously Ayisha are there any Egyptians where you live?

i get a lot of my knowledge from being IN EGYPT. of course this will not be right in your book as the only ones who know anything about Egypt are all your mates in USA [Big Grin]

quote:
Where have you gotten your info on Egypt from? Visiting your love interest, chatting your with your love interest, egyboards and then other Orfi/cowives who live in Luxor who still have some money left?
see above

quote:
Ayisha, you are an older woman. When its done and over with, you'll have to spend the last years of your life being haunted with this experience. You r children will find this fiasco of yours enough fodder to grade your mental competence and make decisions on your behalf.

yes i am older and a lot wiser than you sono. I never gave up my kids as i said before, we are a close family. I lived through a previous marriage and wooppee dooo i survived after it!! If this one fails then i will survive after that too, thats life. at least my kids all know who MUM is and were brought up by me. You are a silly sad bitter little girl dear, you will have to grow up one day. On that day you will look around and see what you have and what you dont have. You will wonder how you ended up like you did and you will have to realize and accept you did it all yourself. Then you can no longer be in denial (denile for you)
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Look who is getting nasty.

I don't need to name call, but obviously you do.

Starting popping those fish oil capsules now. [/QB]

grow up sono. You call people here all the time.

I used to read your posts when you were having a go at people and I used to think it was true what you said about people, now I know better. You are a sad lonely girl with no real mates, no man and no kid and nothing better to do than make up stories about other people the way you make up stories about you own miserable life.

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Samarra_Anissa, what do you want to make clear by your postings? Is it allright by you that women take a major step into a future by NOT getting informed? Isn`t it a human responsibility to help each other, when you are able to do that?
Why are you frustrating that women, by focous on details and invalidate them? Because it doesn`t really influates the main subject: doubting women.
And what`s wrong with women who have had bad expierence`s try to share them?
Why do you attack Ayisha`s attempts to do so?
She has every right of the world, the same as you have every right of the world to say what`s on your mind.
But please respect people on what they are.
They only try to do good, so who are you to frustrate that???

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Samarra_Anissa, what do you want to make clear by your postings? Is it allright by you that women take a major step into a future by NOT getting informed? Isn`t it a human responsibility to help each other, when you are able to do that?
Why are you frustrating that women, by focous on details and invalidate them? Because it doesn`t really influates the main subject: doubting women.
And what`s wrong with women who have had bad expierence`s try to share them?
Why do you attack Ayisha`s attempts to do so?
She has every right of the world, the same as you have every right of the world to say what`s on your mind.
But please respect people on what they are.
They only try to do good, so who are you to frustrate that???

???? you are new here but you will quickly learn that anything anyone says is not valid as sono (sammira_anissa) has the only opinion thats valid, she knows ALL there is to know about Egypt and Egyptians because shes been once or twice and she married THE only Egyptian man, who she has not managed to hang onto, or has managed to hang onto her daughter by him, but HAVING that daughter (who is in Egypt while she is in USA) entitles her to have the ONLY opinion on Egypt and Egyptians even moreso than Egyptians themselves or ex-pats married and actually LIVING in Egypt

You will also get to learn that whatever anyone says is wrong, whether they support or help woman in a similar situation or not, they are wrong. She will find the tiniest piece and make it into an issue, its only an issue for HER though, she will do all this to get the poster to defend themselves in an effort to get them away from the actual post and the questions anyone raises to her.

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
The daughter defenitly is not the only one who has to spend her teenager and adolescent years in Egypt, to avoid she will become to much Western and not will be appealing to marry an Egyptian man.
It`s not my business, think this is private and personal.If it has been her own choice, who are we to decide it`s good or bad?
I don`t like the idea of getting personal on a board like this, I try to keep my postings in common, without giving private details.
All what this topic is meant for is to give information...

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
The daughter defenitly is not the only one who has to spend her teenager and adolescent years in Egypt, to avoid she will become to much Western and not will be appealing to marry an Egyptian man.
It`s not my business, think this is private and personal.If it has been her own choice, who are we to decide it`s good or bad?
I don`t like the idea of getting personal on a board like this, I try to keep my postings in common, without giving private details.
All what this topic is meant for is to give information...

hey i totally agree with you there! but when someone decides to invent a life for you and everyone else over time it does get a tad tedious and sometimes its has to be used in reverse if only an attempt to get her to see what she is doing can be reversed if its required.
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Think we all have to ignore that kind of attempts. It has to do with moral values and standards. I prefer to keep mine...

--------------------

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you two still at it? [Eek!] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Femme Fatale

Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my husbands family is poor but i didnt fall in love with money i fell in love with the person that my husband is.sure money would be nice but i cant see living without this wonderful kind hearted man that i love so dearly
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by micky azzam:
my husbands family is poor but i didnt fall in love with money i fell in love with the person that my husband is.sure money would be nice but i cant see living without this wonderful kind hearted man that i love so dearly

Exactly, real love has nothing to do with money or posessions..... it has to do with the person himself.
Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caterpillar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 1017 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crazypolly
Member # 12074

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazypolly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
And not all relationship duties and relationship bending must be done by the foreign wife.

Its a husband's job to become educated on his wife's culture and faith, just as much as it is the wife's duty.

Samarra_Anisa I agree with your above statement that both parties have a "duty" as you put it to each other but I think your other replies were unecessary and uncalled for you appear to have a problem with certain memebers of this forum I am new member so don't fully understand why [Confused] ????? made some releveant and useful observations and many women will appreciate the advice it is unfair of you to hijack someones thread to vent your anger.
Well done ????? [Smile] interesting post

Posts: 39 | From: scotland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by crazypolly:
quote:

Samarra_Anisa I agree with your above statement that both parties have a "duty" as you put it to each other but I think your other replies were unecessary and uncalled for you appear to have a problem with certain memebers of this forum I am new member so don't fully understand why [Confused] ????? made some releveant and useful observations and many women will appreciate the advice it is unfair of you to hijack someones thread to vent your anger.
Well done ????? [Smile] interesting post

Excuse me you are picking sides here.

Mimmi and Ayisha attacked me first, it then became a Hijacked thread. Ayisha has been flaming my posts after I gave her my opinion on reverts about 2 weeks ago. She has been making these retorts because I finally lost my ability to ignore some glaring missing points in her online persona. I got sick and tired of being nice and walking on glass.

crazypolly if you side with a certain argument or usernames that have some loopsided relationships you are showing your motivations for being on these egyboards and your own insecurities.

crazypolly
Member # 12074

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazypolly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oops I seem to have hit a nerve. It was not my intention to pick sides so ok I will say the same to mimmi and ayisha you shouldn't hijack peoples thread to argue
????? made some good points and it appeared to me that you jumped on what they were trying to say. And I would just like to point out that I have no insecurities (well none yet anyway unless you count the fear of posting on this forum ) and I think it is unfair of you to suggest that I have as you do not know me

Posts: 39 | From: scotland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by crazypolly:
oops I seem to have hit a nerve. It was not my intention to pick sides so ok I will say the same to mimmi and ayisha you shouldn't hijack peoples thread to argue
????? made some good points and it appeared to me that you jumped on what they were trying to say. And I would just like to point out that I have no insecurities (well none yet anyway unless you count the fear of posting on this forum ) and I think it is unfair of you to suggest that I have as you do not know me

Could you possibly fail more making a point?

I don't know if its because you are from the same Island as Ayisha or what. Possibly you are frightened that the horrible horror stories from ES will happen to your own relationship.

Instead of argueing with me why not give ????? some constructive feedback which you, Ayisha and Mimmi have failed to do?

Now if this flame hadn't happened, what comment would you post in regards to ???? initial post on this thread? Do you have anything to comment on besides how my comments infuriate you?

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Let`s finish this. Get back to the point. I didn`t spend that much time to get involved into private wars.

--------------------

Former ES Member and Moving Away
Member # 10626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Former ES Member and Moving Away     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have some pretty good advice in your post, ?????.
Posts: 820 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHEN SOMEONE DIES AND THEY ARE YOUR BESTFRIEND.HOW LONG DOES THE MOURING GO ON IN EGYPT? THIS FRIENDS FATHER DIES AND THEY CANT USE THEIR MOBILE TO CALL ONLY TEXT MESSAGES. WHEN ARE THEY ABLE TO TALKON THE PHONE?
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
What`s a best friend? Think you have to know how close they were.
I know they are visiting the family that`s left behind at the same day, and the funeral usually takes place within 24 hrs. The first mouring takes 3 days, for widows the mouring is 4 months and 10 days, for the rest of the family 40 days.
Never heard of the fact that no phonecalls are allowed, except txt-messages...

--------------------

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
WHEN SOMEONE DIES AND THEY ARE YOUR BESTFRIEND.HOW LONG DOES THE MOURING GO ON IN EGYPT? THIS FRIENDS FATHER DIES AND THEY CANT USE THEIR MOBILE TO CALL ONLY TEXT MESSAGES. WHEN ARE THEY ABLE TO TALKON THE PHONE?

what are they, jewish? i've never heard of not being able to talk on the phone. i think somebody is making strange excuses to you.

people are burried within 24 hrs.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
thank you
get-over-it
Member # 8447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for get-over-it     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sounds very strange to me too... ding ding, the alarm bells are starting to ring... [Frown]

Before my husband moved here to join me, the mother of one of his friends died, and also he lost his uncle. On both occasions there certainly wasn't a "no mobile phone calls" protocol - in fact, he probably called me more than usual at those times.

Posts: 172 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by blue skies:
in fact, he probably called me more than usual at those times.

Ditto that. When a family member of my husband's died, the phones lit up for days and days, everyone calling everyone else.
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe they just don't want to cry on the phone? That would be a reason i would rather text people because it would be too emotional to talk about it and get into it all. just a thought.
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
thank you doodle bug i needed that
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Tears and barabeer.
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes what does that mean
tream leader
you are just one hard faced rat

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diva-Eva
Member # 12400

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diva-Eva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can both spend the rest of your brainless lives wondering [Razz]
Posts: 32 | From: Chocolate factory | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh my god, hahahaahahahahaahaa

you are so funny today diva, you crack my ass

i know which chocolate factory you come from, i expect its a bit shitty up there [Big Grin]

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com