EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » eerie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: eerie
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't sure where to post this:

This happened about a month ago just outside a little town in the low country of West Virginia. While it sounds like an Alfred Hitchcock tale, it's real.

A guy was on the side of the road hitchhiking on a really dark night in the middle of a thunderstorm. Time passed slowly and no cars went by. It was raining so hard he could hardly see his hand in front of his face.

Suddenly he saw a car moving slowly, approaching and appearing ghostlike in the rain. It slowly crept toward him and stopped.

Wanting a ride really bad, the guy jumped in the car and closed the door, only then did he realize that there was nobody behind the wheel. The car slowly started moving and the guy was terrified, too scared to think of jumping out and running.

The guy saw that the car was slowly approaching a sharp curve, still too scared to jump out, he started to pray and begging for his life; he was sure the ghost car would go off the road and into the marsh and he would surely drown, when just before the curve, a hand appeared through the driver's window and turned the steering wheel, guiding the car safely around the bend.

Paralyzed with fear, the guy watched the hand reappear every time they reached a curve.

Finally the guy, scared to near death, had all he could take and jumped out of the car and ran to town.

Wet and in shock, he went into a cafe and voice quavering, ordered a cup of hot coffee, black, then told everybody about his supernatural experience.

A silence enveloped and everybody got goose bumps when they realized the guy was telling the truth and was not just some weirdo.

About half an hour later two guys walked into the cafe and one says to the other: "Look Bubba, there's that idiot who rode in our car when we were pushing it in the rain."

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL!
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahah thats so funny thanks smuckers

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin]

When I began to read this story, I thought again it was about 'Kid', the car from Nightrider (David Hasselhof) [Wink]
When this TV-programme was so popular, I was still a little girl and was sooo addicted ...
I never missed one episode ... [Smile]

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mine was wonder woman and bionac woman and 6 million dollar man and alice lol one day at a time gezz im old lol

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by desertgirl:
[Big Grin]

When I began to read this story, I thought again it was about 'Kid', the car from Nightrider (David Hasselhof)

Actually the series was called "Knight Rider" [Wink] and before you think I was a huge fan too... wrong I hated that guy so much! My best friend back then was the total opposite of me, she adored 'her' David, celebrated his birthdays, her room was plastered with his face in every corner..... shrug! [Eek!]

You must know that he was singing too.... and also very popular with in Germany.

Rememember this one? [Big Grin]

(Well just to warn you in advance, it's not the original version see for yourself [Razz] )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZAFWEvn6pI

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oooohhhhh, you totally 'shattered' the image I had of him [Frown] [Frown]

Yes, you are right : it was "Knight Rider" !!
How could I forget ...
I was totally crazy about him (sorry [Wink] ) , but it did not last long time, then I was totally crazy of Bobby Ewing ... lol
or maybe you hated this one too [Wink] [Wink]

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

How could I forget ...
I was totally crazy about him (sorry [Wink] ) , but it did not last long time, then I was totally crazy of Bobby Ewing ... lol

I was 'in love' with Oliver Tobias (who used to be incredibly hunky in Arthur of the Britons) from the age of about 11-14, I used to run home from school to watch it, and get incredibly twisted with jealousy whenever he got together with a woman in that programme.

http://www.televisionheaven.co.uk/arthurbritons.htm

I just had a swoon digging up that photo, I used to have a big pic of that on my bedroom wall when I was a kid!

Regrettably he has not aged too well.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laila007
Member # 13016

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for laila007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol, the beginning of the story reminded me of the movie silent hill.
Posts: 31 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay here are a few screen men I 'favored' throughout my teenage years (and actually I still do [Smile] ):

Rob Lowe

http://www.all-pictures-photos.com/thumbs/rob-lowe/rob-lowe-009.jpg

Andrew McCarthy

http://www.hollywoodcultmovies.com/assets/images/AndrewMcCarthy1.jpg

James Spader

http://www.starblogs.net/archives/spader1.jpg

I didn't watch TV series but movies like "St. Elmo's Fire", "Pretty In Pink" and "Mannequin" really influenced my young life! [Big Grin]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dang, Oldbag, I would run from everywhere for your Briton guy! [Wink] [Big Grin]
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
To be honest, I have never heard of all these guys before, only Rob Lowe vaguely rings a bell.

But it brings a smile to my face when I read Oldbag hurried home to see 'her' favourite one...
I remember I was something like 9 or 10 years old and my parents did not think it was a good idea to let me watch 'Dallas'. However, they watched it themselves [Smile] so I slipped out of my bed and sat underneath the dinnertable watching it in secret, verrrry silently ...
I was also convinced Bobby Ewing would leave his Pamela and marry me one day ... [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
My mom always used to watch DALLAS and DENVER CLAN. I just thought it's for 'old' people! [Wink]

Oh, forgot to mention, when I was just sweet sixteen I fell in love with the much older actor Richard Chamberlain. 'Thorn Birds' really touched my heart..... [Frown] and I wondered if all priests are so sexy! [Big Grin] Much later he outed himself to be gay but then I didn't care anymore!

http://rchamberlain.ic24.net/photographs/album4/photo68.jpg

Gail
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love how a post starts out on one topic and evolves into something completely different. It reminds me of conversations with my family at the dinner table. I think we hold the record for covering the most topics in the course of one meal. Fun stuff! [Wink]
Posts: 332 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

How could I forget ...

ROFL [Big Grin] Bobby Ewing from that show DALLAS? [Big Grin]
I am from Dallas and they filmed that show at SOUTHFORK RANCH, just a 5 minute drive from where I grew up. [Big Grin]
Photo:
http://southfork-ranch.visit-dallas.com/Southfork-Ranch-Dallas-Texas2.jpg

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Originally posted by Gail:
I love how a post starts out on one topic and evolves into something completely different. It reminds me of conversations with my family at the dinner table. I think we hold the record for covering the most topics in the course of one meal. Fun stuff! [Wink]

Yes Gail, that's the good thing about ES , nothing ever gets boring here. Our family dinner table isn't so much conversations as it is my mother stressing over anyone dinging and chipping her good dishes and glasses, and PLEASE don't scrape your utensils. [Razz]
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
OOOhh, the SOUTHFORK RANCH ...

Great !! All fights in that show DALLAS ended in this pool [Big Grin]
Is it correct buses full of tourists from all over the world came to Dallas just to see that ranch ??
And I always wondered ; Are there oil-rigs in Dallas ??

Anyway ; thanks for posting this pic !
I really 'grew up' with that show. From the moment I could read the Dutch subtitles, I was a big fan and I think I was like 14 and the show was still on TV.
I used to watch it every Thursday with my sister and brother, it was a 'family-moment'. That's probably why I liked it so much.

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Desertgirl,
the ranch is still visited often, and as the show aired all over the world there are often foreign tourists. Oil rigs in Dallas, hmmm I've never seen any, but they are more so thoughout Texas, closer to Houston.
[Wink]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
back to the story smucks , that was a good one.it was almost scaring me reading it. and guy i was in love with was tom selleck

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://blog.instantcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/2038_683193384_tomselleck_h111959_l.jpg&imgrefurl=http://blog.instantcast.com/&h=477&w =385&sz=57&hl=en&start=20&tbnid=uZinHS5A4vXRMM:&tbnh=129&tbnw=104&prev=/images?q=tom+selleck&start=20&gbv=2&ndsp=20&svnum=10&hl=en&sa=N

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com