EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » About birds and bees....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: About birds and bees....
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How did you get teach about sex and pregnancy? How old were you and who teached you? Was to talk about sex a taboo in your house when growing up or actually the opposite?

And where you ever in a quite strange situation to explain exactly that subject to a child? What did you say?

Interesting subject IMO and I hope to hear some even more interesting answers.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
How did you get teach about sex and pregnancy?
On elementary school.

How old were you and who teached you?
The nuns, and on the age of 11.

Was to talk about sex a taboo in your house when growing up or actually the opposite?
Taboo.

And where you ever in a quite strange situation to explain exactly that subject to a child?
No, my children are talking free about the subject, my son recently declared he was very good in it... [Wink]

What did you say? [Big Grin] I said: You can`t be!

Interesting subject IMO and I hope to hear some even more interesting answers.

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trababe
Member # 11777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for trababe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my mum told me the basics at 12 cos she didnt want me to hear tales from friends at high school and went into more graphic detail at 14 and we also had sex educations at 15 and 16 in high school going into graphic detail showin videos and even usin a cucumber to show how to use condoms ha ha ha aha ha ha [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 477 | From: lancashire england | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Culture Club
Member # 13767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Culture Club     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
- I learned about sex and pragnancy at school, taught by teachers, ustadzah, and from books.
- Talk about sex at home is taboos.
- I still remember what my mother said when I got my first period, "KEEP VIRGIN AND BE HEALTHY!" [Smile]

Posts: 756 | From: ...be solution... | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for crisálida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good topic tigerlilly, my mum and dad bought a book and left it there for me and my sister to read.

funny thing was, I remember that me and my friend (we must have been 13 or so) sneakily looked at this book while they were out and I will never forget running around in a panic to put the book back on the shelf when we heard the car pull up...lol

I MEAN... I WAS SUPPOSED TO READ THE BOOK!!! lol

but even then, I must have though it was something secret [Big Grin]

I have been wondering this though as I have children now and the whole world is sex mad these days, every t v programme - sex, every advert - sex, its everywhere!!
I think it causes a problem for me because children seem to be more curious much earlier now. Then you have the added conflicts about raising muslim children in the west, with all this sex everywhere lol (if you are muslim, which we are)
Its a tricky one, I will keep an eye out for responses because I would like to know what other people tell their children and at what age [Smile]

Posts: 644 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I learned the basic things from school in our sex education class. Never really talked to my parents about it, though my mother was always offering to take me to get put on the pill. I just never felt that my mother and i were ever close enough to discuss it. My father did have one talk with me when he noticed that i was serious about a guy for the first time. The only thing he stated was honey only you know what you are ready for and dont let anyone pressure for more than you want.
In my home with my children the subject is an open one. I started talking with them early , good touch bad touch stuff, then graduated it up about the time they hit 12 to the real talks. Thankfully they are comfortable enough with me that this doesnt bother them and they come to me pretty openly with questions or whatever.

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OneLoveOnePeople
Member # 9667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneLoveOnePeople     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My mother never talked to me about sex when i was growing up, unfortunately I had to learn some things the hard way. I have 2 daughters, and I talk to them openly about sex, and always stress that they need to wait until they are married. There are many subjects that we openly talk about, becuase I want them to feel comfortable talknig to me about these things, and I make sure to be consistent and sometimes even repetitive when stressing the dangers and negatives about having sex...I really wish my mother did this with me..
Posts: 100 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mysticheart:
I learned the basic things from school in our sex education class. Never really talked to my parents about it, though my mother was always offering to take me to get put on the pill. I just never felt that my mother and i were ever close enough to discuss it. My father did have one talk with me when he noticed that i was serious about a guy for the first time. The only thing he stated was honey only you know what you are ready for and dont let anyone pressure for more than you want.
In my home with my children the subject is an open one. I started talking with them early , good touch bad touch stuff, then graduated it up about the time they hit 12 to the real talks. Thankfully they are comfortable enough with me that this doesnt bother them and they come to me pretty openly with questions or whatever.

exactly what i teach my kids good and bad id kill someone if they touched my child but in my house my dads gf was loose so we seen alot of stuff we should not have!!! i learned i from the streets and friends my parents werent parents they was drunks and druggies when they was home so i vowed never to let my kids ever see a drunk mother or father no druggies never ever!!!
Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com