EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » I hate it that I think too much

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I hate it that I think too much
Micia
Member # 2907

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Micia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey folks..
What's up all? Howz life treating u?

Since I am on a vacation and got some time off for myself, I had a few questions that popped up my head and was wondering if any of you has an answer to any of them..or maybe all of them [Smile]

Here u go with my -maybe weird - questions:
1. How do u know ur happy?
2. How do u know u pretend to be happy?
3. Who makes us happy? (other than ourselves ofcourse)
4. How do u know ur on the right track?
5. Can whatever people say to u affect ur mood?
6. How can u tell that the society u live in is the right place for u?

And here are my answers:
1. I am not so I don't know [Smile]
2. I just laugh and look perfect all the time.. never show my weakness to any1 basically!
3. Allah - but what it was not meant to be? [Smile]
4. When I am not afraid of the future, I guess
5. Sure - ask me about it!
6. Could not answer that one..since I got millions of stuff in my head when it comes to my life in Egypt..

What are ur thoughts?

Ciao

Posts: 155 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok … I’ll answer:

1.) I know I’m happy because I am enjoying life. The people I love are doing well and as much as I like to distance myself from family back home, I am deeply affected by their lives.

2.) I can not pretend to be happy; there is no one to pretend to. If I’m feeling down I seek attention from wifey [Big Grin] If I am extra miserable, I let everyone I love around the globe know it [Big Grin]

3.) A lot of things make me happy but generally it is peace with my environment. If I am at peace with my environment then I am happy. I need to walk freely and buy what I want to eat or drink, I need to watch my favorite DVDS, jog , make-love [Big Grin] , cook. I need to hang out here and there. Praying also makes me feel happy and after doing so it is a huge relief. There are so many things that makes me happy, these week I worked around my apartment and accomplishing that made me happy. The Yankees are tied for first for the wildcard and they are only 4 games back behind boston and so this makes me very happy. I played online Madden Football with my little bro and I beat him in the last couple of minutes in the most improbable way and that made me happy.

4.) I know I am on the right track because I am growing as a human being and I am also accomplishing many things. Also is the fact that I see things very clearly and I am very focused.

5.) The only people who could effect my general mood are my wife, parents and siblings and Alhamduliilah Rabil3alimeen 2007 has been wonderful with regards to my relationships with all of them.

6.) Because I am loving it here, this is where I want to live.

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreignluvr
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreignluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. How do u know ur happy? I know I am happy because I feel it.

2. How do u know u pretend to be happy? I can't pretend to be something I'm not.

3. Who makes us happy? (other than ourselves ofcourse) God, my husband, my family (some of them) & my friends

4. How do u know ur on the right track? When I see positive things happening in my life.

5. Can whatever people say to u affect ur mood? Only if I let them.

6. How can u tell that the society u live in is the right place for u? Because I am most happy in the US but could adapt and live anywhere and still be happy.

--------------------
"And in the end, the love we take will be equal to the love we make."
~The Beatles~

Posts: 895 | From: Atlanta, GA. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good answers foreignluvr, mine were going to be much the same.
How do i know i am on the right track? Things are going well and people around me tell me how they wish they had my life.
The society i live in most of the time is not the right place for me as the only right place for me is by my husbands side? make sense? I adapt to whereever i am,

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sparkle16
Member # 13047

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sparkle16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy means you have no wants, no desires, you are just enjoying the present moment, with or without other people.
Posts: 206 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkle16:
Happy means you have no wants, no desires, you are just enjoying the present moment, with or without other people.

that's downright delusional to me. because human beings are happy but they usually want more. they want 'upgrades' either for them or their children.

that's life

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sparkle16
Member # 13047

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sparkle16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not all human beings are happy, just read some of these posts...not everyone wants an upgrade either! You must be speaking about yourself.
Posts: 206 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korvin's
Member # 14099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korvin's     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take a deep breathe and let it go ...
Posts: 890 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. How do u know ur happy?

Normally ppl are supposed to feel this. If you don`t even know how you feel, you`re a long way from home...

2. How do u know u pretend to be happy?

I don`t.

3. Who makes us happy? (other than ourselves ofcourse)

The ones who are close to us in our minds.

4. How do u know ur on the right track?

People around who care about us will let us know, by appreciaton, by helping, by sharing.

5. Can whatever people say to u affect ur mood?

A lot. The taxman can, but also beloved ppl can..

6. How can u tell that the society u live in is the right place for u?
Usually it is, because it is the society where you have been born and raised and know everything about. I dont believe that people can move to a totally different culture and feel like it is better as where they were born and grew up.

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithalwaysn4ever
Member # 11860

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithalwaysn4ever     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. How do u know ur happy? I'm kinda into the sociology bit, so I would say after all basic physical and emotional needs are met, hapopiness for me is more a sense of contentment and a freedom to feel peace or security.
2. How do u know u pretend to be happy? HAHA my fiancee calls me on it *everytime*. But who says this is a bad thing sometimes.... ever heard of a self fulfilling prophecy? Think positive and be positive. "Fake it till ya make it"
3. Who makes us happy? (other than ourselves ofcourse)Allah, my son, and most frequently my finacee. I think the first two give me that sense of fulfilling my basic needs and giving me the contentment and peace... its my fiancees actions that tend to tip the scales to joy.
4. How do u know ur on the right track? To put it in the words from an ex-christian (and ironically one of the major reasons I came to Islam... "Fruits of the Spirit" Good begets good and Bad begets bad. To judge the goodness or righteousness of anything you look to its results and the best of these are: Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Mercy, Self Control.
5. Can whatever people say to u affect ur mood? I'm a very empathetic person many times to my detriment, but yes, people affect me very much.
6. How can u tell that the society u live in is the right place for u? Like Mystic said where I am is definately NOT the right place to be. This is not home to me anymore. Not only because I am not by my fiancees side, but also because I do not like or feel comfortable with the societal norms anymore. I think its magnified by the fact that I remember clearly when I WAS content here, so the idea of not being content is blatantly obvious. InshaAllah I will find that peace and contentment in Jan!!! ISA isA isA *grins and ticks off another day on the calendar till I see my beloved*.

Posts: 120 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com