EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Stereotyping Egyptians

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stereotyping Egyptians
galmarriedtoegyptian
Member # 10697

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for galmarriedtoegyptian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think stereotypes spreads further than Egypt...anywhere you see the kind of lack of opportunity and poverty that we see in Egypt - well, we can expect to find these kind of people so often ragged on here in ES.

They are the men and women who want what the media portrays as "the good life" on everything from t.v., to magazines, to radio. The men and women who feel they can never get such things that the rest of the world has so easily.

They are the offspring of lost hope and desperation.

It is sad but, as the American mother of a half Egyptian baby, it also hurts me to see the stereotypes - as prevalent as it might be at this time in our history.

Go to any struggling country though...how are Egyptians men any different from Russian, Chinese, Pilipino, Malaysian, Mexican, or Moroccan brides and grooms? Are they not all trying to get the upper hand in a game they feel they can never win? They exchange their morals for what jingles and glitters...because they are too blind to look deeper into the real picture.

I have been blessed to have everything I have ever needed in life...but I wonder....what would a life time of hunger for things I could never afford do to me? Would I learn to be content, as Allah prescribes, or would I sell my soul for creature comforts as they do? I thank Allah every day I will never need to find out. My struggles in this life are different.

You see the concept is bigger...it is not just an "Egyptian" thing. Let's broaden our mind if we are to help change the direction of this world we live in.

Posts: 285 | From: egypt | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ameriegypt:
I think stereotypes spreads further than Egypt...anywhere you see the kind of lack of opportunity and poverty that we see in Egypt - well, we can expect to find these kind of people so often ragged on here in ES.

A few members here are hateful and of course professionals on everything Egyptian. It is indeed a shame that they belittle Middle Easterners in such a way but do you blame them, they are after all going with the flow and showing their true colors. It is life.
Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
galmarriedtoegyptian
Member # 10697

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for galmarriedtoegyptian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who is showing their colors? The middle easterners or the hateful people here?

--------------------
yup

Posts: 285 | From: egypt | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com