EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Best place to marry an Egyptian...I'm American..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Best place to marry an Egyptian...I'm American..
ReenaModa831
Member # 14026

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for ReenaModa831     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, thank God I found this site....Everyone seems so helpful....I am just staring my long arduous journey through immigration...yipeee...I've looked into many things....fiance visa, notarized papers, the government not being helpful...in any way.....bottom line.....I need my love....he is everything to me....and I to him.....does anyone know a secret...a special place maybe we can meet up and marry.....a place that will pass through our immigration system faster than all of this other CRAP.........I know I will have to send for him....but I know our government processes countries differently.......please anyone......I'm looking for a blessing.....thanks....
Posts: 29 | From: San DIego, Ca USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mish-mish
Member # 10728

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mish-mish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fiance visa is the quickest as far as I know. Marriage is taking a little longer now. I have 2 friends who are still waiting for spouses 2 years later. I believe fiance is under a year. Nothing is fast with govt. Where will you stay in San Diego or Egypt?
Posts: 62 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReenaModa831
Member # 14026

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ReenaModa831     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will stay in San Diego.....I hear that Cypress, Dubai, or Malaysia may be better to go through.....any thought?
Posts: 29 | From: San DIego, Ca USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Almaz.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If he can get a visa to Dubai, I have a friend that just got married in Dubai about a month ago.

She is European and married an Egyptian Muslim that lives there.

They ask for your passport/birth certificate/ divorce papers or certificate of death if the spouse is a widow.

Check their Embassy/consulate site in your city and give them a call!

Posts: 919 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReenaModa831
Member # 14026

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ReenaModa831     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Almez....how are things going for your friend?.....Do you know how long they will wait to be together?......I found the Dubai Embassy site very unhelpful......goodnight
Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Almaz.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are married, they are together and working in Dubai.

She met him in Dubai at work.

I meant to tell you that it seems to be less complicated to get married in Dubai, then other places.

Posts: 919 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReenaModa831
Member # 14026

Rate Member
thank you so much.....I know there are loop holes to every situation.....what I'm looking for more than anything......is the most compatible countries.....that we can both get too......get married......and get on with business......it's a hell of a project....but I know that the US will not work with Egypt so well.....so.....we will find a better way........I need him......now.....my father passed away just 3 fast weeks ago......and now I need my King more than ever.....he is the best....and I'm dying without him......it's not enough to talk on the phone......or see each other on web cam....but yet.....nothing else will do.......he makes me smile....and I need the help of the whole damn world right now......so I ask.....for anything at all.....and thank you....
Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Almaz.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Make sure to find out if you can marry there as tourists.
My friends have residence Visas.
Sorry about your dad!
Best wishes for a Happy Reunion with your 'King'. [Wink]

NOTE: I just noticed from another post that you have children. God Bless!

ReenaModa831
Member # 14026

Rate Member
I am in need....yes....thank you for your kind words......residence visas......crap!....more tape....thank you.....
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a feeling that no matter what country you marry in, it will still take some time to get through immigration. There's no immediateness to him coming here to the U.S.
It will either be on a K1 or a K3 visa. Both take time.

Good luck.

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReenaModa831
Member # 14026

Rate Member
Well Damn!...Truth hurts [Frown] ...but hey K3 or K3, which one is faster....we have not married yet....options are still waaaay open.....I'm thinking of a quick visit and a legal marriage.....and keep the papers to our selves until he gets here on the fiance visa......then we marry again here.....is this crazy?.....all I know is when I do see him.....we better get in line with God quick....before anything happens ;)and I can't let immigration come before God! Oh what a world what a world......
Cosmogirl
Member # 8748

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cosmogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We met in the US, flew to Egypt to get married (while he was still on a 3 month visa for work), THEN HIRED A LAWYER TO MANAGE THE PAPERWORK!

We filed on September 6 (after beign married legally for a year and doing NONE of the filings as he was on a work visa) of last year and Himself recieved his Green Card 2 weeks ago, he had work papers and temporary residency within 60 days of filing.

HIRE AN IMMIGRATION ATTORNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can't put Immigration before God? You are putting the rules and regulations that govern all of the United States of America in competition with God? Darling this country was founded on religious precepts. The rules aren't designed to punish.. they are to protect and control. The shortest path is the straightest one. If you can't abide by the rules of Immigration.. move to Egypt and wait it out.

If it is so pressing and important and dire to rush things, do it legally and with the assistance of a trained person. That way you don't have to sweat the details and can focus on looking sexy on webcam, and deciphering his fascinating sms messages.

Posts: 1071 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol

Good to see you, Cos! [Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eshtadiva
Member # 13742

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for eshtadiva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get married in a civil court here in Egypt, then translate the papers from Arabic to English, go to the US embassy and the marriage is recognized. Now, he's your husband and he is intitled to go to the states with you. Yes, get a lawyer to help you and it will go smoothly....
Posts: 68 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snapdragon
Member # 9036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snapdragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by eshtadiva:
Get married in a civil court here in Egypt, then translate the papers from Arabic to English, go to the US embassy and the marriage is recognized. Now, he's your husband and he is intitled to go to the states with you. Yes, get a lawyer to help you and it will go smoothly....

Nope sorry to tell you that it will NOT work!
Posts: 525 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pininah
Member # 13657

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pininah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It will not work , as for now they are not letting us citizens marry egyptian men , the egyptian consulte told me todya , you can marry in a mosque , but nothing will be reconized here in theus and they will not give him a visa to come here , so to marry in a mosque and live in egypt , but you willnoth ave any rights as far as if he would die , or if you have a child with him , they will not reconize , they said to many egyptian men are trying to come to usa , like i told them why punish , and they told me the problem runs deep between our egypt and usa , and there seems to be no solving this problem , i live in missouri and the the egyptian consulate is in houston tx , so i replied that you are telling me to do a orify marriage , and they said all religious ceremonies are legal but not here in usa , they will always say something different , depends on who you talk to ,,,,,, it really sucks , to label all the men for what some of theothers have done , and hell there allkinds of problems here in the usa , they dont worry about all the bad marriages here , i am lucky to be able to just pick up an move to egypt , but for some they are not , i will keep you informed , i have changed my departure date to sept 8th , and we will marry in the mosque , peace

--------------------
Cheryl Hise

Posts: 68 | From: usa | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i did the k1 visa and it never got done after a year of waiting telling me administration processing, withdrew the petition and married him 2006 then i went the route i130. we are just now finishing up with the national visa center, it still has to go to the embassy in Cairo.
anyway you go it takes time, for some a long time but i wish you luck whatever you do. the k1 is NOT faster

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MICKY A:
i did the k1 visa and it never got done after a year of waiting telling me administration processing, withdrew the petition and married him 2006 then i went the route i130. we are just now finishing up with the national visa center, it still has to go to the embassy in Cairo.
anyway you go it takes time, for some a long time but i wish you luck whatever you do. the k1 is NOT faster

Well the K3 isn't faster either. After the NVC you still will have to wait for yet another interview and then AP/AR will start all over again and unfortunately may take another year. Hopefully not in your case Mickey since you've been waiting so long already but from what I can see the K1 and K3 are just about the same waitwise.

And unless your case is extremely complicated you most definitely do not need to be wasting money on a lawyer. It's not rocket science it's just briefing oneself on the process and filling out a few forms. Of course if the beneficiary has issues such as previous bans or maybe a more complicated case a lawyer is a good idea but remember they don't have as much at stake as you do so they won't be as on top of the case as you would be.

I really think those who are not married and are still intent on going through with the relationship should file the K1 and just get married in the states. Good luck to all.

Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree doodle bug .no one needs a lawyer, if you can read then you can do it all by yourself, you have enough to pay for with the rates that have gone up july 2007. it is double or more then what i paid for, so keep your money. if you have questions about how to file you can call your congressman if you are in the states or the uscis or the nvc.. but the forms come with explainations on how and what to do. i did it all myself and learned alot from this . i am also on a forum with women who are going thru the visa process, great support and encouragement. they can give you information they went thru and you can do the same. so take it from someone who knowsthe k1 the k3 the i130 i know almost everything by now [Big Grin] and yes the waiting is the hardest part, but you have to be real paticence and read read read everything. good luck to you all. i think the worst thing is the us embassy in cairo, getting answers and they are very slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww [Mad]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
i agree doodle bug .no one needs a lawyer, if you can read then you can do it all by yourself, you have enough to pay for with the rates that have gone up july 2007. it is double or more then what i paid for, so keep your money. if you have questions about how to file you can call your congressman if you are in the states or the uscis or the nvc.. but the forms come with explainations on how and what to do. i did it all myself and learned alot from this . i am also on a forum with women who are going thru the visa process, great support and encouragement. they can give you information they went thru and you can do the same. so take it from someone who knowsthe k1 the k3 the i130 i know almost everything by now [Big Grin] and yes the waiting is the hardest part, but you have to be real paticence and read read read everything. good luck to you all. i think the worst thing is the us embassy in cairo, getting answers and they are very slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww [Mad]

It takes them a week to repsond to my emails!!! I gave up and stopped sending them. Now I just track the activity by inputting the DHL tracking number and I figure when our file finally goes somewhere then I'll get excited. Until then I just have to assume the file is sitting in a backroom somewhere collecting dust. I just keep busy by being with the kiddos and catching up on reading/etc.
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
galmarriedtoegyptian
Member # 10697

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for galmarriedtoegyptian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp

Check out the above website for processing times if you are going to file through the U.S. Right now the spousal visa is on a 7 month witing period to get the first interview at the Cairo Embassy.

--------------------
yup

Posts: 285 | From: egypt | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
we already did this . it went to Vermont center may 2006 and then was transferred to the California center.on may 2007. it was at this center it was approved in 1 month . the Vermont center was backlogged for a year.i wonder why they just didn't send it sooner.after it was approved it went to the nvc, and i have been dealing with them for 2 months and the nvc is ready to send it to cairo. once it gets approved it starts to move faster. but how long the us embassy will take i di=ont know a friend of mine it took2 weeks then another one said it took 9 weeks . who knows. but i have learned PATIENCE. IT IS THE KEYWORD [Roll Eyes]

ameriegypt
Member # 10697

Rate Member Icon 1 posted August 30, 2007 09:10 PM Profile for ameriegypt Author's Homepage Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp

THIS is just the beginning of the waiting times at the uscis and if you are lucky 7 months, then you have to figure at least 2 to 3 months at the nvc and then another couple of months at the us embassy, this is just the start for the visa to be approved not the whole picture i am afraid [Frown]

doodlebug
Member # 11649

quote:
we already did this . it went to Vermont center may 2006 and then was transferred to the California center.on may 2007. it was at this center it was approved in 1 month . the Vermont center was backlogged for a year.i wonder why they just didn't send it sooner.after it was approved it went to the nvc, and i have been dealing with them for 2 months and the nvc is ready to send it to cairo. once it gets approved it starts to move faster. but how long the us embassy will take i di=ont know a friend of mine it took2 weeks then another one said it took 9 weeks . who knows. but i have learned PATIENCE. IT IS THE KEYWORD [Roll Eyes]

ameriegypt
Member # 10697

Rate Member Icon 1 posted August 30, 2007 09:10 PM Profile for ameriegypt Author's Homepage Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp

THIS is just the beginning of the waiting times at the uscis and if you are lucky 7 months, then you have to figure at least 2 to 3 months at the nvc and then another couple of months at the us embassy, this is just the start for the visa to be approved not the whole picture i am afraid [Frown]

Mickey that is just nuts!!! I have never heard of a case being left at NVC for more than a week. Mine got sent out to Cairo in a few days and we had the interview appt about a week to the day that he sent in the pkt 3. That part can vary though 'cause I know of people who literally had to wait months from the time they sent in their packet 3 and the time they got their interview date.

For the NVC to keep it though is just absurd. All they are is a clearing house so there's no need for it to be sitting there. [Mad]

galmarriedtoegyptian
Member # 10697

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for galmarriedtoegyptian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
National Visa Center

General Information

In April of 1994, the Department of State opened a permanent Immigrant Visa processing facility at the National Visa Center (NVC) in Portsmouth, NH. The NVC processes all approved immigrant visa petitions after they are received from Citizenship and Immigration Services in the Department of Homeland Security (CIS) and retains them until the cases are ready for adjudication by a consular officer abroad.

Every month, the Visa Office (VO) establishes Qualifying Dates that determine if a petition will be eligible for processing. Qualifying Dates are the latest priority dates that can be processed for certain visa categories. An immigrant visa petition can only become ready for further processing when the Qualifying Date in the appropriate visa category has advanced up to the priority date of the petition. Petitions may remain at NVC for several months or for many years depending on the visa category and country of birth of the visa applicant.

--------------------
yup

Posts: 285 | From: egypt | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com