EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » wondering

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: wondering
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if some of you met in real life would you say the things you do on here? like nasty comments or calling names. imo you wouldnt, you be so nice to that person, to finally meet face to face?
any other opinions [Confused] just curious [Smile]

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for crisálida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you got me paranoid, i thought the topic was about me!!! lol

you are right, the trouble with the internet is some people lose their social etiquette and become almost self admiring, they feel that to make sarcastic comments at the expense of others is amusing people or showing how clever they are.

If they were really that clever they would find tactful ways to get accross their messages, its much more difficult than sarcasm and ridicule.

Posts: 644 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry wanderer. its wasnt about you [Big Grin] it was a general question. WONDERING [Wink]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh oh. Is it about me? [Eek!]

I get nasty here when I get frustrated.

I wouldn't ever want to meet certain people here, and I'm sure they don't want to meet me.

We are all imperfect humans. I deal with my cyber-friends' peculiarities in the same way I deal with my real-life friends' quirks. Try to maximize the positive and minimize the negative. I hope they do the same with me.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good question, Micky. Real life is much harder for the cowardly, multiple name trolls. Of course, they are the very ones who would probably be sweet to your face, then stab you in the back, but they would only get one identity with which to do it. [Smile] Online, they relish having hundreds of opportunities to pretend they have support. [Frown] Offline, such behaviour is impossible. I bet they feel powerless and long for a self constructed army of trolls to back them up in real life. Nice means little, if your behaviour and actions demonstrate the exact opposite, offline and on.
Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NOT YOU EITHER ITS A GENERAL QUESTION. AND YOU BETTER WATCH OUT WE ARE GOING TO MEET IN SEPT [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Om Bubblemouth

Member # 6244

posted August 21, 2007 07:39 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Uh oh. Is it about me?

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have met members from ES and I hope to meet some others eventually...I don't think I would change much about what I say on ES. I think we've all made mistakes and wished to dislodge our foot from our mouths from time to time. I think if you form a friendship they know you are flesh and blood and make mistakes and nothing is shattered. Those that do not well...it just wasn't meant to be.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
face to face is so different than chatting thats why i tried several times to meet with ppl here so we can know more abt each other, i think time to organize a group meeting

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only partly agree esso7

Chatting is (almost) the same as face to face. I am not a different person when chatting on PC or when being with friends.
For me, the only difference I think is that I tell my chat-friends more of my secrets, don't know why, it is more easy ... Just personal opinion [Smile]

To answer the question of the OP :
yes, I would say the same things in real life
as on ES [Smile]

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only partly agree esso7

Chatting is (almost) the same as face to face. I am not a different person when chatting on PC or when being with friends.
For me, the only difference I think is that I tell my chat-friends more of my secrets, don't know why, it is more easy ... Just personal opinion [Smile]

To answer the question of the OP :
yes, I would say the same things in real life
as on ES [Smile]

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by esso7:
face to face is so different than chatting thats why i tried several times to meet with ppl here so we can know more abt each other, i think time to organize a group meeting

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=13;t=000365
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, there are some people I would like to tell to eat sh*t and die in person and *fingers crossed* it will happen for me! A girl has to dream after all. [Smile]
Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
alchemist where have you been? missed ya on here
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
quote:
Originally posted by esso7:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=13;t=000365
thanks lily would be cool for change
Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MICKY A:
if some of you met in real life would you say the things you do on here? like nasty comments or calling names. imo you wouldnt, you be so nice to that person, to finally meet face to face?

I am no mystery and speaking my mind always. You know it Micky! [Big Grin]
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReenaModa831
Member # 14026

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ReenaModa831     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well...I'm new to all this......and I think I've already stuck my foot in my mouth.....I'm just trying to understand this new world I'm leaping into.....I will be coming to Kuwait to meet my love....I was hoping to find a lady that I can relate with......so that when I visit I have a female to talk to......possible even a new friend.....the problem I have found with myself and this new culture is that I'm very outspoken.....and not so reserved at times.....it's just my nature.....I'm a martial artist.......a single mom of 2 for 10 years......and a full time student in international communications.......what can I say.....it's not hard to know when my feelings are strained......or when I'm strictly offended......but just to say all that to say this.........I would treat anyone on-line the same in person.......and it would be a pleasure to talk to any of you ladies.....you all seem to be intelligent well spoken individuals.....God bless
Posts: 29 | From: San DIego, Ca USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feel love
Member # 13537

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Feel love   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It may become worse, hahah

--------------------
Kata

Posts: 211 | From: Egypt | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReenaModa831
Member # 14026

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ReenaModa831     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well maybe not all.....hehe......hmmmmmm?.....sweeeet! have a great day!....is it really so bad? Damn!....I will go cut my wrists now.....hehehe.......Ohhhh, I love him damn it!.....
Posts: 29 | From: San DIego, Ca USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ReenaModa831:
I will be coming to Kuwait to meet my love....

Sorry I didn't keep up with your story but is your love interest Kuwaiti or Egyptian?

I also would think it's even more complicated to visit each other inside Kuwait.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feel love
Member # 13537

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Feel love   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi ReenaModa831, you will find that some thing wrong after a while. you will see

--------------------
Kata

Posts: 211 | From: Egypt | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Just me
Member # 13160

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Just me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MICKY A:

probably no one will, as they tend to hide their real faces for real, being nice and all
Posts: 76 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
probably i wont talk at all would just listen and sit on a side

--------------------
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend.
-- Zenna Schaffer
Some folks are wise and some otherwise.
-- Josh Billings

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com