EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Children of a mixed marriage

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Children of a mixed marriage
Culture Club
Member # 13767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Culture Club     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear all,

Please share me your experiences regarding to the citizenship of children of a mixed marriage according to the law of Egypt. Thanks and regards. [Smile]

Posts: 756 | From: ...be solution... | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, as mine is 3 months old so I will tell you my experiences so far.
After she was born we took the letter from the doctor giving info about her birth to register for her Egyptian birth certificate. They took info from my husbands identification and my passport. It's really quite easy. After this we had the Egyptian birth cert copied and translated, and filed it with the American embassy (along with some other forms/information) to get her American birth certificate and passport/social security, etc.
Ours was born inside of Egypt so I don't know the differences if the baby is born outside of egypt - although I wouldn't think it should be too complicated.

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it is outside Egypt you just take the birth certificate to the Egyptian embassy but I believe that the child is considered Egyptian no matter whether this is done as it was born of an Egyptian father. I know one couple who have not registered their child with the embassy to avoid him having to do army service but they are not sure if this will work

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlebev
Member # 13788

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlebev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what about if ur children are not from an egyptian father
Posts: 197 | From: hertford england | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Culture Club
Member # 13767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Culture Club     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So it's no matter whether the baby was born in or outside Egypt as long as the father is an Egyptian, the baby will get Egyptian citizenship by report to this and that. It's really good since also Indonesian law gives double citizenship to the baby till he/she is 18 years old or got married, they must choose 1 citizenship only.

I don't know if the baby is not from an Egyptian father, I think the parents must pay for the visa etc etc in every certain years. Please advice to mlebev. [Smile]

Posts: 756 | From: ...be solution... | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mlebev:
what about if ur children are not from an egyptian father

If you are both foreigners and have a child born in Egypt then that child is not Egyptian.
Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Angel Heart:
children of a mixed marriage

are so incredibly gorgeous.

That's all I know. Thank you.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Yes, they are. So beautiful and unique, all part of God's perfect plan. [Smile]
Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com