EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » marriage contract

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: marriage contract
dragonfly
Member # 13928

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dragonfly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Everyone,
I am planning on marrying my Egyptian partner in September at the ministry of Justice and was looking for a little advice. We want to get a few things added to the contract but dont know how we go about doing this? Do we do it in advance with a lawyer or on the day at the ministry? Thanks for any advice, I have trailed the internet but cant find much info about it.
x

Posts: 17 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if i were you id do it a head of time with the lawyer. we did this when i got married last year. the lawyer was great he did everything we asked him to do, so when you go the ministry of justice will just ask you if you agree to all the above and you'll agree and then marry you. good luck [Smile] i hope you have a wonderful lawyer like ours.i didn't have to worry for nothing and my hubby and bil were my translators for the lawyer, he could speak good English but certain things he didn't understand what i meant. then i had all my papers translated into English before we went, so i could read them and know exactly what the papers would say. hope [Smile] this helps
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dragonfly
Member # 13928

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dragonfly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Micky A,
Thanks so much for this, I think we will go to a lawyer first. Do you remember the legal company you used and did you use one of the translators listed on your counrties embassy site? The UK site lists local lawyers and translators but doesnt specifically recommend them. Thanks again. x

Posts: 17 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my translator was here in the Usa Harvard law college. look and see if you can find a college who translates, thats what the students do and way cheaper then the ones in the embassy My lawyer in Egypt was Ahmed Fares Sayed Abdel-Hafez AWESOME lawyer .he is in cairo
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dragonfly
Member # 13928

Rate Member
Perfect, thank-you SO much! We will try and find him. Thanks again. x
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
a lot of people know him he is located in Gamm'et Aldowal st, AL AGOSA if i am spelling it right. tell him we sent you. [Big Grin]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
dragonfly , sent you a pm

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com