EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » OT: Saudi Arabia to introduce pre-marriage HIV test

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT: Saudi Arabia to introduce pre-marriage HIV test
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saudi to introduce pre-marriage HIV test

AFP
August 30, 2007

RIYADH -- Couples wanting to marry in Muslim conservative Saudi Arabia will have to undergo tests for the HIV virus, which can cause AIDS, starting next year, a newspaper reported Wednesday.

From 2008, future brides and grooms will have to be tested for both the virus and hepatitis in one of more than 20 centers to be set up across the kingdom, Al Watan said, quoting the health ministry's assistant undersecretary for preventive medicine, Khaled Al Zahrani.

If either of them tests HIV positive, and they still want to marry, the case will be examined in conjunction with the justice ministry, Zahrani said, without elaborating.

Nearly 11,000 cases of HIV/AIDS were reported in Saudi Arabia between 1984, when the first case was diagnosed, and the end of 2005, according to a health ministry official.

Of the 10,924 cases diagnosed, Saudis numbered 2,005 and expatriates 8,919, the official said in November 2005.

http://www.metimes.com/storyview.php?StoryID=20070830-030754-2922r

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am blessed to have friends smart enough not to enter ANY intimate relationship without an HIV test. That goes for both parties: I ask my partner to get tested and I do it myself. Not only fair but a real life saver.
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, Karah, are you serious?

"Hello, I like you very much but before we start a relationship or just go down to business you need to take an Aids test?" [Eek!]

Thankfully I am off the market and don't have to deal with dating anymore!

But let's get back to the article. What does it says?

IMO Saudi Arabia has a huge problem with Aids - probably way more than they are willing to announce to the public.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com