EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Have you met anyone famous?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Have you met anyone famous?
crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for crisálida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
another thread reminded me of 'claims to fame', who have you met who is famous?

Maybe you still know someone famous?

I met Corben Bernstein (probably spelt wrong) once and his wife Amanda Pays (both actors). It was quite surreal, they were related to my ex husband, I went to their house and ate breakfast (and I thought Corben Bernstein was lovely at the time) He was talking about a programme he was making, this was after LA Law and I was trying to not sound star struck, whilst watching their kids bounce on the trampoline! ha!

I also met lofty from eastenders once too...

I think thats all mine [Smile]

Posts: 644 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lots of American politicians.

Maybe they are infamous. [Wink]

And a few politicians from other countries.

Saw Bill Cosby up close, but didn't speak to him. He was short.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I MET LOU RAWLS ( THE SINGER ) DAVEY JONES ( FORMER MONKEYS BAND) American politicians. billy graham , and i forget if there is anymore
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have met the lead singer from The Cult, Luther Vandross, Barbara Bush (the older one), Stevie Nicks (by accident) and Sandra Bullock.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
murray-mint77
Member # 13080

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for murray-mint77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i met quite a few famous people a number of years ago...When working in a west end hair salon.
My most famous person ever was Priness Diana..i helped to perm her hair at the time. She was wonderful but very shy.
I've met some actors, Ewan McGregor was my fave and some other minor celebs like Paul Young big in the day i admit (i dyed his hair ha ha he is grey now bless x
Since then i have not rubbed shoulders with the likes.....But i saw the 5th richest man in the world in Sharm this summer ?? don't know his name....i was not bothered.... [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 634 | From: the Moon........... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Margaret Thatcher at a do for our local MP Dame Angela Rumbold. I actually sat next to her, i was totally impressed, not a hair out of place and a comprehensive and concise speaker entirely without notes.

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clive Barker, at a book signing.

--------------------

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cairobug
Member # 10571

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cairobug   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i've met a few people, surprisingly, when i think about it now: raekwon & ghostface (from wu tang clan), rev. run (run dmc), tyson beckford, richard lewis, jay-z (the surprisingly nice star from my pointless story in another thread, the local artist was de la vega), pope shenouda, mohamed henaydee (egyptian actor)--i took a pic with him maybe i should post it here [Wink] , mustafa sandal (turkish singer), president/pm of Spain, theresa weatherspoon (wnba), the guy nancy agram marries in her video, this really 'orangish' egyptian actor who's first name is tamer, and two soccer players from zamalek.

--------------------
Disclaimer: My posts are not meant to personally offend anyone. If you find yourself reading my posts repeatedly, you are kindly asked to seek the help of a professional [Smile]

Posts: 483 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by VanillaBullshit:

Damn, I was hoping you were going to say Clive Owen!
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Om Bubblemouth:
quote:
Originally posted by VanillaBullshit:

Damn, I was hoping you were going to say Clive Owen!
For some odd reason a friend of mine thinks I look like him lol ... I never saw the resemblance then, even moreso now that I shave my dome.
Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I met Mohamed. [Smile]

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs Tibe
Member # 12653

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I met Mike Tyson when a friend of mine was boxing against him in Copenhagen a few years ago. My friend also always got VIP ticket so I got to met BB King before his concert in Cph, Bruce Springsteen (I didnt know who he was-imbaressing), some football players but the one who made the biggest impression was Bill Clinton. He gave a speech in Copenhagen a few years ago. That man has so much karisma you can build a house from it.
Posts: 528 | From: Denmark | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I met several the big-shots were Ronald Reagan at a Republican fund raiser, Hosni Mubarak back in ’89 at some gallant dinner for him at the Waldorf Astoria in NYC, both of these occasions were with my dad. The Hosni pic with my dad still hangs at my parents place. A couple of billionaire Arabs, one of whom upon learning I graduated from H.S. told his assistant to write out a check to me (for several grand [Big Grin] )

Several dignitaries and diplomats, I don’t remember all their names but it wasn’t odd to see diplomatic plates in front of my dad’s residence. De La Soul, a couple of Professional Athletes. I dated a professional hip-hop dancer she was on several videos; I never dated a woman who made me lose so many friends so fast, envy I guess but also because I wanted to spend more time with her and her circle than with my own friends. I was told I was ‘pussy whipped’ but the fact is she was super duper pretty and super duper kewl. I met a few more celebrities.

My little brother and cousin, forget about they met probably everyone in show business. The stalkers that they are [Big Grin] Ahahahahaha

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
citizen
Member # 1344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for citizen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If book signings count, Karen Armstrong and Robert Fisk.
Jimmy Carter (back when he was president - giving my age away here) in the original Washington in the North of England.
Yousra at a funeral
Sabah (skeletal but wonderful posture) at a hotel in Alex a couple of years ago.
Suzanne Mubarak at an exhibition, shook hands and had a chat
Hussein Fahmy at a check in queue at the airport.

Posts: 1039 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for crisálida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yes, Micky, I met Davey jones too, when i was about 14 in Burger King! lol

So thats a lot of famous people between us then!

Cairo bug, can you post your picture...? I would love to see it.

Posts: 644 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydotapple
Member # 13361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydotapple     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have met David blaine..that was in 2004..and I have Seen The Queen and prince william was when they visited the royal marsden Hospital in London..before the visit we was told to take down the picture of Princess Diana which is huge that was hung in the lobby..we were adived to do so because we didt want to offend her..we layed on expensive cakes and teas and sandwich for her.Even had to changed the public bathroom incase she wanted to take a slash..LOL..she didnt even touch a cake or have tea..so after her visit ended we thought ungrateful bitch and thought **** em we eat the cakes and sandwiches!!!! and took a slash in style too [Razz]
Posts: 212 | From: uk | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
met 3.
Mohammed Ali (back before he changed his name and was known as Cassius Clay). I was just a little kid at the time.
Paul Newman - he was drunker than a skunk in a bar on St. Patricks day.
Katherine Hepburn, when I was accidently on her property, but she was very nice, and didn't kick me off. I was in awe.

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also met Mohammed Ali in London a few years ago........ what a nice guy!!!
Queen of England and Princess Anne at Windsor Horse show.
Elton John.... when I was 19....
Keith Moon (RIP) when I was the same age!!

MARYDOT APPLE..... do you work at the Marsden??
I worked at both the Fulham and Sutton Marsden!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlebev
Member # 13788

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlebev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
met sid owen ricky out of eastenders frank bruno before his breakdown mike reid frank out of eastenders phil mitchell ian beale steve owen peggy mitchell bad dan all from eastenders jade goody from big brother little mo from eastenders was at my parenting group
Posts: 197 | From: hertford england | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course i have met famous people.Most of them belong to the entertainment industry.
By the way,not only i have met,but i`ve been relative to one extremely famous one.Not gonna share,though.That belongs to my private life that only my very best friends share with me.
Only 3 ES members know about it. [Wink]

Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've discussed this subject before so I don't want to repeat myself, but I'm here to tell you this story:

Once I was walking on campus and there were two students fighting. One suddenly shouted at the other: "You whore you were sandwiched by two Red Hot Chili Peppers".

[Big Grin]

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My best friend is a DJ for a local radio station, does that count!!
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MK the Most Interlectual:
We've discussed this subject before so I don't want to repeat myself, but I'm here to tell you this story:

Once I was walking on campus and there were two students fighting. One suddenly shouted at the other: "You whore you were sandwiched by two Red Hot Chili Peppers".

[Big Grin]

How much of a whore she is depends on which two chili peppers it was...
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cairobug
Member # 10571

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cairobug   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
????: do you mean the same mohamed I meant? he was surprisingly really nice for the way I approached him. I was like, I think you're an actor? And he wasn't in the least offended.

wanderer: I actually know davey jones, he's from the monkeys, right?

--------------------
Disclaimer: My posts are not meant to personally offend anyone. If you find yourself reading my posts repeatedly, you are kindly asked to seek the help of a professional [Smile]

Posts: 483 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't say I met a famous person but if Meg Ryan counts who was standing less than three meters away from me at LAX airport? Although I was too shy to ask her for a signature and shocked to see finally after three days Hollywood an international movie star. She was on her way to Colorado skiing (that's what my sister-in-law heard). [Wink]

Oh god and I saw Eric Roberts - Julia Roberts big brother - on the theater stage in Atlanta which I adored so much but also was reserved to ask him for a signature. Shy me, that I didn't approach him would make me upset for quite a while later on.

I met couple of Egyptian actors, football stars in nightclubs I knew they must have been famous because people would approach them, shaking hands and asking for signatures.

My husband back then had a huge crash on Canadian singer Sarah McLachlan - and finally after one gig he was able to meet her and her drummer at a pub - which later would become her hubby. Well he chose to marry me then although I can't sing that well! [Wink]

But who I really would love to meet in person is singer and musician Prince - that's my greatest wish since I am 12 years old.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cairobug:
????: do you mean the same mohamed I meant? he was surprisingly really nice for the way I approached him. I was like, I think you're an actor? And he wasn't in the least offended.

wanderer: I actually know davey jones, he's from the monkeys, right?

Well, I saw his face, and now I`m a believer..
[Big Grin]

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
Cairobug: yes Davey Jones from the Monkeys, you know him?? o.k, i guess that beats me seeing him in burger king [Big Grin]

Oh yes, Sid owen, used to see him alot in nightclubs, when i went, drunk as a skunk (not me of course [Wink] , Sid Owen)

I met a footballer once to...again in a nightclub, Darren Anderton i think it was, not that i'm into football, just think, I could have been a footballers wife...lol...NOT! I didnt know it was him, all i remember is this thin guy with red flushed cheeks! lol
but i can add him to the list, because i'm sad like that [Big Grin]

????? - Well, I saw his face, and now I`m a believer.. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
quote:
????: do you mean the same mohamed I meant?

[Big Grin]

[Roll Eyes]
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<But who I really would love to meet in person is singer and musician Prince - that's my greatest wish since I am 12 years old.>

lalalalalaalalalal... [Roll Eyes] [Wink] [Razz]

Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra88:
<But who I really would love to meet in person is singer and musician Prince - that's my greatest wish since I am 12 years old.>

lalalalalaalalalal... [Roll Eyes] [Wink] [Razz]

"No dreamer is ever too small; no dream is ever too big." [Smile]

Prince is turning 50 next June; I'll think of something!!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by MK the Most Interlectual:
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
quote:
????: do you mean the same mohamed I meant?

[Big Grin]

[Roll Eyes]
Hehe, MK, when you don`t understand this, you must be younger then me. [Wink]

The Monkees once, a very long time ago, had a big hit called "The believer". One of the sentences is : Then I saw her face, now Im a believer...
So, Mohamed in this way can be explained in several ways. 99 names for God is not enough...

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
^^ Do you really think I didn't understand your not-so-funny joke?!!!
seabreeze
Member # 10289

[Eek!] ohh chit [Eek!]
ky_sunshine
Member # 11226

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ky_sunshine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have met Loretta Lynn and Dolly Pardon and sone of he brothers and Sisters.

--------------------
Often Times the Greatest statements are made in silence...listen with your Heart.

Posts: 334 | From: kentucky | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by MARRIED TO MY BEST FRIEND:
Dolly Pardon

You mean Dolly Parton, right? I was just reading she has lost so much weight that she's just a shadow of herself right now, really sad.
cairobug
Member # 10571

Rate Member
Guys blame the misunderstanding on my words, I meant that actor Mohamed Henaydee. And wanderer, I'm so sorry with my lazy typing, I just meant that I know his name, who he is..but not in real life [Smile] Your burger king story is still much better. I posted that guy's pic in the food section, in the misc thread (sorry I know I've been tagging along to other ppl's threads).

--------------------

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
[Eek!] ohh chit [Eek!]

LOL.

OK omelette this one slide.

locale
Member # 12632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for locale     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I met Donny Osmond on my way to Egypt. [Big Grin]
Posts: 210 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ana Huna:
I met Donny Osmond on my way to Egypt. [Big Grin]

Was he coming on vacation?

Oh I forgot to mention. I got once a henna tattoo done by an Egyptian woman who claimed she did it for singer Prince (yes that's right!) and his ex-wife Mayte Garcia while they were both in Cairo. I also remember that Mayte took bellydancing lessons before in Egypt.

And by chance I am living right now on the same US army base here in Germany where Mayte used to attend the high-school in the end of the 80's.

After all this world seems to be such a small place to be. [Big Grin]

Adam Zapel
Member # 14076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam Zapel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Queen Elizabeth, shook hands, and had chat with Prince Charles have pic, Bryan Ferry( very tall and friendly) and all of Roxy Music, Eno gave me a feather, David Bowie,Mel Gibson, Bruce Willis and Demi Moore, Stallone ( ugly guy!),Bono ( have his plectrum) and the Edge, have pics with them and Adam too. Jim Kerr from Simple minds with pic and signed album, Jane Fonda, Madonna, Lucy Lui, Ben Stiller, Sharon Osbourne and Jack, Ian Anderson, Darren Hayes in Sony Studio chatted for an hour on his last album and have tons of pics, all of eastenders,Carly Hillman lived 20 doors away and her and Sid Owen would often be seen in our street, few from Coronation Street, sat next to Rebecca Sarker ( Nita Desai) on flight out of Malta, that girl gorged a big box of chocolate wafers and threw them up in the toilet!! she was anorexic and like a skeleton!, met Jack Shepherd and his family in Benidorm at a theme park and had water fight with him and his dad on the boats, a really lovely down to earth family in real life, lived next street to Frank Bruno till he moved to Orsett and lost his mind,His wife in Tesco loads of times!! a real bitch if ever I saw one, Frank Warren, Linda Lusardi,
oh loads I'm too tired to think lol [Smile]

Posts: 67 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
<Oh I forgot to mention. I got once a henna tattoo done by an Egyptian woman who claimed she did it for singer Prince yes that's right! and his ex-wife Mayte Garcia while they were both in Cairo. I also remember that Mayte took bellydancing lessons before in Egypt.

And by chance I am living right now on the same US army base here in Germany where Mayte used to attend the high-school in the end of the 80's.

After all this world seems to be such a small place to be. >

[Wink] [Wink] [Wink]

Just to clarify...Mayte was the house dancer at the Sheraton Gezirah for two summer seasons.

*runs back to her hideaway*

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Oh wonderful!

BTW, I just realized that Priscilla Presley attended the same high-school while dating Elvis. This school surely has written HISTORY. [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com