EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Egyptian man forces his wife to undergo genital mutilation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egyptian man forces his wife to undergo genital mutilation
Undercover
Member # 12979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undercover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egyptian man forces his wife to be circumcised
(AP)

1 September 2007

CAIRO, Egypt - An Egyptian man forced his 20-year-old wife to be circumcised after a year of marriage, resulting in her hospitalization for acute bleeding, the state-run news agency reported on Saturday.

According to the police commissioner of the Cairo’s gritty northern suburb of Shubra el-Kheima cited by the Middle East News Agency, a dispute erupted between Shaaban el-Menshawi and his wife because she had never been circumcised, a once common operation in Egypt that has since been banned by the government.

When her husband started beating her, Ashgan Riyadh Abdelati fled to her mother’s house. Once there, however, her mother brought in a doctor to conduct the illegal operation on the spot, said the news report.

Abdelati was later admitted to Nasser General Hospital for acute bleeding. Hospital officials declined to comment on her condition.

Egypt has been reeling from two cases of young girls, one 12- and 13-year old, dying from the operation of the summer, prompting the government to renew its largely ineffective ban on the practice.

Female circumcision, which is also known as female genital mutilation, is a widespread traditional procedure in Egypt, practiced by Muslims and Christians alike.

Despite the fact that top clerics insist the practice has nothing to do with Islam, many Egyptians, especially in lower income rural and urban areas, believe the removal of the clitoris lowers a women’s sexual desires and thus helps maintain their honour.

Female circumcision is still practiced in parts of sub-Saharan Africa and Egypt, as well as in Yemen and Oman.

A 2003 survey by UNICEF said that 97 percent of married women in Egypt have undergone genital mutilation, though a recent study by the country’s Health Ministry found that only 50.3 percent of girls between the age of 10-18 years have been circumcised.

web page

Hirsi Ali said that her FGM did not stop her desire. It only prevented pleasure. Making the marriage bed an unhappy place to be avoided.

He probably just wanted a reason to have another wife.

Posts: 3188 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hirsi Ali...
I think that woman is mentally damaged by her expierences, and she has be chosen a very difficult way to express her pain. Waris Diri had similar expierences but she made it public in a better way. (IMO)
I know girls who have been circumsised even recently and the mothers think it was a good thing. Also I know mothers (and fathers) who heavily reject circumsision.
The only thing what can be done, is make the discussion public...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Undercover:
Egyptian man forces his wife to be circumcised
(AP)

1 September 2007

CAIRO, Egypt - An Egyptian man forced his 20-year-old wife to be circumcised after a year of marriage, resulting in her hospitalization for acute bleeding, the state-run news agency reported on Saturday.

According to the police commissioner of the Cairo’s gritty northern suburb of Shubra el-Kheima cited by the Middle East News Agency, a dispute erupted between Shaaban el-Menshawi and his wife because she had never been circumcised, a once common operation in Egypt that has since been banned by the government.

When her husband started beating her, Ashgan Riyadh Abdelati fled to her mother’s house. Once there, however, her mother brought in a doctor to conduct the illegal operation on the spot, said the news report.

So the husband didn't force her to do this, he beat her and then her mother called the doctor to do the cutting? Sick.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why would a husband not want his wife to feel pleasure?
Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ignorance to the nth power.

Anyone who advocates this disgusting, barbaric practice needs a harpoon shot right up in their junk.

--------------------

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't imagine that this woman ever wants to be intimate with her husband again.... I hope she'll divorce him straight away!!!! [Mad] What a despicable act of him to demand FGM against her will and then he's becoming violent against her. [Frown] Why it didn't bother him on their first wedding night that she was not circumsized?

"Ashgan Riyadh Abdelati"

The woman's name doesn't sound Egyptian, right?

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Undercover
Member # 12979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undercover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by of_gold:
Why would a husband not want his wife to feel pleasure?

The impulse behind this is clear: the hatred of women and the terrifying fear of their sexuality.

IF YOU HATE WOMEN, and you hate their sexuality, and you are terrified that you cannot control it, the most effective thing you can do is to mutilate female sexual pleasure. This can be done by a sexual lobotomy, which will destroy an essential and sacred part of a woman’s natural makeup. In achieving this feat on all women, you will become able to ruthlessly dominate them.

That’s what female circumcision is all about.

It is the barbarity that exists where misogyny festers most: in the Muslim and African world.

Demonizing female sexual desire and pleasure, and annihilating it becomes the priority. To successfully achieve female genital mutilation, therefore, the mutilators have to legitimize and institutionalize it. As a result, they socially construct the pathological ideology that a girl’s genital area is “dirty” and, therefor unacceptable. In Egypt, an uncircumcised girl is considered nigsa (unclean). The way she becomes non-nigsa is to have her clitoris sliced off. In Sudan, the term used for getting rid of the clitoris is tahur -which means “cleansing” or “purification.”

Africa and Arabia are the regions where misogynists carry out the highest number of these “purifications.” Unfortunately Muslims serve as the principal religious group that bestows this cleansing gift unto women.

This violence has to occur because, in much of the Islamic world, the female’s genital area is considered dirty and unacceptable. For example, in Egypt the uncircumcised girl is called nigsa (unclean). Thus, it has to be made "clean."

Many of the victims lose their lives during this torture – which is often inflicted with broken glass. Many other victims are afflicted with acute and chronic infections for the rest of their lives.

With serious and disabling lifelong consequences, the mutilation robs women of their equilibrium. It deprives them from enjoying the fullness of their sexuality and the completeness of their lives. In terms of sexual pleasure, for instance, we know that approximately 75 percent of women cannot achieve orgasm without clitoral stimulation. In other words, the possibility of orgasm has been obliterated for tens of millions of women in the Muslim world. So what does it mean if the psychic, mental and physical health of women cannot be complete if they do not experience sexual pleasure?

The terror of the circumcision itself tracks its traumatized victims down like a nightmare. Most, if not all, of these poor women end up suffering from serious sexual and/or mental distortions. The mutilation of their sexual being becomes the epicenter where sex and violence meet constantly in their lives – with them as victims.

Wedding night is often quite eventful. In some parts of the Arab and African world, the husband assaults the wife after the wedding. In Somalia, for instance, the groom beats the bride with a leather whip. After this romantic apex, he cuts the sealed vagina with a sharp scalpel or razor in order to have intercourse. He then has prolonged repeated intercourse with her for a week – to prevent the scarring from closing the vaginal opening again. During this time the wife must lie still and not move. Meanwhile, the husband takes the bloody sharp object, which represents the virginity of his wife, and makes rounds around the community – showing it off for approval. Scholars such as Raphael Patai and Vincent Crapanzano have documented these phenomena.

After this honeymoon period, the woman is now, for the first time in her life, actually recognized as a person – because she has become the extension of her husband. Her status might even improve if she has a child (a boy). She will be humiliated and shamed, however, if she has a non-child (a girl).

And if a little innocent girl enters this world, it will only be a short time before her genitals share the same fate as that of her mother’s. When the torturers and soul-destroyers begin to slice, who will hear her cries?

web page

Posts: 3188 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by VanillaBullshit:
Ignorance to the nth power.

Anyone who advocates this disgusting, barbaric practice needs a harpoon shot right up in their junk.

...And twisted multiple times.
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sad and stupid i wish i can have him fixed and enjoy his rest of life as a gay and i pet even he wont find a partner
what is really amazing is
why didnt the girl just said no why.!!!!!!!!!
because she dont wanna be divorced s-h-i-t
amr

--------------------
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend.
-- Zenna Schaffer
Some folks are wise and some otherwise.
-- Josh Billings

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree if any man were to force a woman to do this he should be drug into a dark alley, but did anyone read the story fully? He beat her after the argument over having the FGM, she ran to her MOTHER who then called a doctor to have it done RIGHT THERE on the spot. The mother should be drug out the side door and have her sexual organs cut slowly as well ~
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by All We Are is Just Dust in The Wind:
sad and stupid i wish i can have him fixed and enjoy his rest of life as a gay and i pet even he wont find a partner
what is really amazing is
why didnt the girl just said no why.!!!!!!!!!
because she dont wanna be divorced s-h-i-t
amr

She was forced.
Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

The irony is that by doing this the man is denying himself of pleasure.

If a woman loves a man she wants him all the time. If not she does not, she will cringe when he touches her.

Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how forced she was i mean maybe emotionally but they didn't tie her in bed and had her doing that

there is alot of things we say forced
i was forced to be whore due my life style
i was forced to take drugs because i was sad

i hope u get my point
amr

--------------------
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend.
-- Zenna Schaffer
Some folks are wise and some otherwise.
-- Josh Billings

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
I agree if any man were to force a woman to do this he should be drug into a dark alley, but did anyone read the story fully? He beat her after the argument over having the FGM, she ran to her MOTHER who then called a doctor to have it done RIGHT THERE on the spot. The mother should be drug out the side door and have her sexual organs cut slowly as well ~

Hollywood is gonna be all over this:

Friday The 13th: The Vagina Slasher

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by VanillaBullshit:

Hollywood is gonna be all over this:

Friday The 13th: The Vagina Slasher

Nah the feminist organizations would run wild netherless it's a too serious of a topic to make such kind of movie out of it.
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egypt Man Forces Wife To Be Circumcised After Giving Birth To Their First Child

September 4, 2007 3:22 p.m. EST

Manar Ammar - AHN Writer

Cairo, Egypt (AHN) - After being married for a year and half, Saaban, a 23 year-old plumber, a resident of Dakahlia, a town in the Nile Delta region, found out that his wife and mother of his new-born child had not been circumcised. He became angry and took her to a midwife to fix what he thought was a "big wrong."

Later, after the operation was over, they were entangled in an argument as the wife was against the operation. Amidst his anger, the man kicked his young wife in the genitals, causing her to bleed excessively.

Ashgaan, 20, was taken to a local hospital where the doctors discovered that she was not just beaten but had also recently been circumcised. The doctors immediately informed authorities.

All medical professionals are forced by a recent law to inform authorities of any circumcision surgeries. The penalty of such operations range from shutting down the medical clinic and withdrawing their medical license, to serving time in prison if the victim dies.

The wife insisted on filing her own police report accusing her husband of abusing her and forcing her to have a surgery that permanently disfigured her.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7008407691

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com