EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » The story of "a grain of sand"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The story of "a grain of sand"
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When an oyster swallows a grain of sand, it feels a great deal of discomfort. So, it begins to ease the pain by applying a coat of nacre or pearl. It is during this healing process that it creates a beautiful pearl. It is rather bitter sweet to think that something so beautiful can be created out of so much discomfort. This is like life itself. It is easy to love in good times, but it takes courage to love through the discomfort of our lives. It is through learning and understanding this that gives us courage and a sense of hope. The pearl represents an aura of courage, love and healing. Love has the power to heal all wounds. Love defines our existence. A Grain of Sand is a symbol of love and life. . . . . . .

Thought you all might enjoy this.

Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
does that come with fries?

--------------------
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend.
-- Zenna Schaffer
Some folks are wise and some otherwise.
-- Josh Billings

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's beautiful Alchemist, I love that. [Smile]
It definitely is interesting that the deep love can come (at least in marriage) in sticking out difficult times and finding that comfortable safe love. Very nice story about the grain of sand- thanks. [Smile]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cosmogirl
Member # 8748

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cosmogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have nacre but I do have spit and boogers. Can't I just coat my pains in the ass with those and have them get more muffled?
Posts: 1071 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korvin's
Member # 14099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korvin's     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do like it.
Posts: 890 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
eooowww Cosmo, yuk [Eek!]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com