EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Gipsy + Arab = Love/Money

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gipsy + Arab = Love/Money
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gipsy + Arab = Love/Money

2007 09 19| de Gabi Golea

Tens of women, Romany or Romanian, come to the Romanian consulates in Italy to get married with Arabs. The purpose: the foreigners who get married with women in the EU receive a license to stay in Italy and can obtain work permits, which brings a lot of money for the women.

On Monday, first thing in the morning, “Filica”, a 21 year old gipsy, arrived with a 20 year old young man, Hassan. The woman, quite grimy, with black eyes, a little short but with a wide back, takes a seat in the waiting room. He seats on the chair next to her without even looking at her. The girl says she is from somewhere near Bucharest and only speaks Italian to the young man that came from the city El Dakalya, in Egypt.

“How did you meet?” “Errrrr”, the gipsy replies and adds: “We met….I came to his house and we lived together.” “Did you simply enter his house?” “No, I met his brother and I had no place to stay so he took me to his house” She doesn’t look at the Egyptian at all. “So, how long have you been together?” “For three or four months…something like that”.

“I’LL BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF YOU!”. When she saw the camera and found out we were journalists, the somewhat shy lady became a volcano. He grabs her phone and makes a call. She starts yelling and cursing on the phone without taking into consideration the other people present in the room. The person on the other end seems to be a man who should see that the marriage goes all the way without problems. She threatens us and she tells us to delete the photo. When the Egyptian finds out about the things going on he starts to walk in the room nervously. We tell them we deleted the photo. Filica doesn’t agree with it, she wants us to do it in front of her. She is one step away from punching us. She keeps talking on the phone and that person tells her to enter into our camera’s archive, so she grabs the camera and tries to run with it outside the consulate. We manage to stop her and an employee of the consulate tries to calm her down, but he doesn’t succeed. We manage to get our camera back in the end.

INTEREST. A consulate employee starts questioning her. “Tell me the name of the person you want to get married with.” “Hassan something.” “Hassan who?” “Hassan. I don’t know his other name” “Shouldn’t you know his name since you want to marry him?” “What’s his birthday?” “I don’t know the date. Why should I know it? I will have all the time to find it out after I get married.” “How much did he pay you to marry him?” “He didn’t give me any money”, Filica nervously answers. In the end, the Egyptian comes next to Filica in line and he looks a lot nicer than her.

After approximately an hour, another Romanian woman gets in line together with an Arab aged approximately 20 as well. The purpose of their visit: to get married. She seems to know there are journalists in the building so she refuses to discuss with us.

Coincidence or not, yesterday morning, one day after the phone conversation between Filica and the mysterious man, there were no Romanian women or Arab men wanting to get married at the consulate.
There is only one Romanian woman who wants to get married with an Albanese man and she wants to know whether the marriage could allow this man to get back in Italy, even though he had been expelled from the country.

“LOVE”. 18 Romanian women in love with Arabs and other foreigners came to the Romanian consulate in Milan to get married. The Romanians file in for marriage at the Romanian consulates and the Arabs do it at their consulates afterwards. There is an announcement at the entrance in the consulate that informs about the necessary papers for the marriage and the fee: 215 euros.

PROCEDURES. After that, both consulates release the papers they need for the city prefecture. In the end, the two people get to say “Si” at the City Hall. The work permit that the man obtains is valid for six months at first and becomes permanent after a few years, which is the moment in which the two can file in for divorce. “Before being EU citizens, the Romanian women used to pay the Italian men to get married with them and to obtain the work permits. Now, the wheel has turned”, says the Romanian council in Milan, Tiberiu Dinu.

The Romanian women who want to get married in Italy can go to prison for 7 years if they are married in Romania as well. Usually, the gipsy ladies are married in accordance to their law, which allows them to get married again.

The same in Rome
According to Cosmin Dumitrescu, secretary for consular affairs of the Romanian Embassy in Rome, the same phenomenon takes place in the Italian capital. He says this isn’t a common fact for the gipsy ladies only, but for the Romanian women as well.

http://www.jurnalul.ro/articole/103105/gipsy-arab-lovemoney

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting, Roma people interest me.

You know they actually have a lot of roma people here. They live in empty spaces on the outskirts of the city, usually in tents. I’ve heard bad things about them and once met a pretty female nouriyeh with the prettiest eyes who wanted to scam me into buying her a dress and after I said no, she wanted me to pay a tailor who was sewing a dress for her (long story). They talk Arabic but their features are different and prettier than typical arabs if you ask me. Their children beg and one midget nearly scared me and my wife to death, he made his way into our foyer and he was mute, looked filthy, and kept pointing his finger upwards as to gesture to god. I hustled him out but he fell to the ground and started weeping. I had to pay the bugger. I saw the movie ‘thinner’ and the thing I learned from it was if you mess with one gypsy you mess with their whole clan. No thank you.

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Think Romanian doesnt necessarely have to mean Roma. Roma is a population of traveling gipsies, Romanian are just citizens of the country Romania.
Since Romanian people are allowed to travel and work in the EU, while their lifetsndard is much lower as most of the EU countries, they try to get extra money. By working, or in a more easy way, by marriage. To marry an Egyptian man for money is a long term business transaction, and its not only Romanian women who are doing this.
All kinds of women with different EU-nationalities are doing this, but a man can save him the money by starting an affair with an EU-woman. It happens all the time, with and without payments. The ony problem is to convince the authorities that this is a real marriage.
Since laws are more strict, this usually is the problem. There are middle-aged women with a history from several marriages with young men, and gouvernmets dont believe this anymore.
The women have an extra income by this.

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Actually Lilly was correct with the Title because the Article was about gypsies and Arabs. The journalist is giving us the impression that it is Romanian gypsies who are undertaken such marriages.

This article only strengthens the notions I have of the roma which is that many of them:

1- Are vagabonds
2- Indulge in scoundrel like behavior

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Roma I know are not really examples of perfect behaviours. But the examples given here in this atricle are absolutely NOT excisting by Roma`s only.
Every EU-country has women like this, also Italian women.

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com