EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Help with VOLUME conversion!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help with VOLUME conversion!
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone, my baby had some immunizations today and has a low grade fever and I'm trying to give her some Paracetamol.
The dosage says to give her between 60-120 mg. for her age. The dropper with the medication gives the unit of measure in ml.
It gives .25 ml .5 ml .75, etc.

So my question is does anyone know how much of the dropper to give her? Does Mg and Ml convert to the same?? [Confused] Sorry but I'm not used to these types of measurements.
Thanks

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumicrazieluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please tell me what paracetamol is? Is it the same as acetominophen(tylenol)?
Posts: 1121 | From: Too crazy to look at a freakin map to find out.. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes - it is acetominophen.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumicrazieluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How many mg per ml does it say?
Posts: 1121 | From: Too crazy to look at a freakin map to find out.. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What concentation does it say on the bottle??
example 10 mg per ml

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, have a look at the concentration.
Normally ml and mg are the same on these droppers.

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by desertgirl:
Normally ml and mg are the same on these droppers.

No no please don't consider this the norm.

We do indeed need the concentration mentioned on the bottle.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cairobug
Member # 10571

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cairobug   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For children 4-11 mos. the dosing is 80 mg. Which should be 0.8 ml on the dropper if you're using the 80mg/0.8 ml concentration or half a teaspoon (teasp=5 ml) if you're using the 160mg/5 ml concentration. I'm not sure which one you're using or the concentration. Your best bet is to call your trusted local pharmacist.
Posts: 483 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Ok, it says 100 mg/ml
5 ml per dosage

inside it says 120mg/5ml concentration

cairobug
Member # 10571

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cairobug   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what's only on the bottle? If it says on the box/bottle 100 mg/ml then use 0.8 ml. on the dropper.

The inside that you're referring to, is that in the pamphlet? If so, they usually list other doses. But go with what it actually says on the box/bottle.

Reminder: Please call your trusted local pharmacist or your pediatrician if you have their number.

--------------------
Disclaimer: My posts are not meant to personally offend anyone. If you find yourself reading my posts repeatedly, you are kindly asked to seek the help of a professional [Smile]

Posts: 483 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
Ok, it says 100 mg/ml
5 ml per dosage

inside it says 120mg/5ml concentration

WHAT?! It says on the box a different concentration from that on the bottle/pamphlet? [Eek!]

Is it a very small disposable bottle?

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Ok I went back to the pharmacist and I understand now. The one I was reading was for syrup and not the drops...the drops dosage is correct, but I still had trouble figuring out how much to give to her, he explained it and she is fine now THANK GOD. [Smile]
Thanks for all of the help. [Smile]

Korvin's
Member # 14099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korvin's     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you bring that kid to me andlet me have a bite of her, she would become so well I promise you that [Smile]
Posts: 890 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com