EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » English Language...Reasons Why The English Language Is Hard To Learn:

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: English Language...Reasons Why The English Language Is Hard To Learn:
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
English Language...Reasons Why The English Language Is Hard To Learn:

1) The bandage was wound around the wound.

2) The farm was used to produce produce.

3) The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.

4) We must polish the Polish furniture.

5) He could lead if he would get the lead out.

6) The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.

7) Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present.

8) A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.

9) When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.

10) I did not object to the object.

11) The insurance was invalid for the invalid.

12) There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row.

13) They were too close to the door to close it.

14) The buck does funny things when the does are present.

15) A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line.

16) To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.

17) The wind was too strong to wind the sail.

18) After a number of injections my jaw got number.

19) Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear.

20) I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.

21) How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Culture Club
Member # 13767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Culture Club     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great, you talked about auditory comprehension on the distinctive sound. I compiled my thesis on that.
Posts: 756 | From: ...be solution... | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysterious girl
Member # 14191

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysterious girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im in uae and im working here.. but i notice that most of them is not good in ENGLISH [Frown] (im not saying that im a good one). when im calling my arab client most of them will tell me im "im sorry mafi english".

i have an egyptian guy, i can say that his english language is just only an average. but i can say that we can understand each other LOL [Razz]
he was explained to me that egytian who doesn't know how to speak in english they came from small city in egypt.

i know that nobody is PERFECT, but the ENGLISH language is the 2nd language that we need to know.. [Smile]

--------------------
"Don't go for looks; they can deceive. Don't go for wealth; even that fades away. Go for someone who makes u SMILE, because it takes only a smile to make a dark day seem bright. Find the one that make ur HEART SMILE! :-). . ."

Posts: 76 | From: "The Dessert" | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not true MG, my husband is from a small city in
Egypt and he writes and speaks beautifully, whereas I have met with and spoken with some from Alex and Cairo and the English was ZIFT while some were GREAT with their English. I think it depends on the education more than where they are from (and perhaps how often they are able to practice).

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egyptians are very quick learners - if they want to. I was always impressed by the guys who work in the tourism industry. Many of them speak very well German, Russian, Italian, English. I know language skills enhancing very much how business is flowing but still ..... two thumbs up! [Smile]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pink cherry
Member # 13979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pink cherry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am pulling my hair out learning Arabic.
I am in stage 2. But this masculine and feminine language is getting to me. Yes I know continental countries have masculine and feminine incorporated into the language more so than the English language...BUT I still find it hard.... [Razz]

Posts: 643 | From: Over there | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysterious girl
Member # 14191

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysterious girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ohhh.. i see!

well maybe ur right SMUCKERS.. its depend on the education.. [Smile]

i have a 1 friend and also an egyptian officemate they're hard to speak in english.. but in terms of work, they are good the one is accountant and the one is I.T [Smile]

--------------------
"Don't go for looks; they can deceive. Don't go for wealth; even that fades away. Go for someone who makes u SMILE, because it takes only a smile to make a dark day seem bright. Find the one that make ur HEART SMILE! :-). . ."

Posts: 76 | From: "The Dessert" | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Pink Cherry I completely understand, I am also finding difficulty in the same area as you.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com