EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Family court - help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Family court - help
imagine
Member # 11591

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A lawyer told my friend that the family court is closed during the entire August.. she wanna get married now.. is he telling the truth or what??
Posts: 712 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how does court close? looooooool!
they have to stay open for all the drunks they pull in on friday nights.

Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by imagine:
A lawyer told my friend that the family court is closed during the entire August.. she wanna get married now.. is he telling the truth or what??

Yes the courts close for August
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well then i say its time to PARTY!!!!
while the cats away, the mousey will play:) [Cool]

Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Sharm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does this mean that those planning to marry at the MOJ in August will not be able to?
Posts: 1244 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Sharm:
Does this mean that those planning to marry at the MOJ in August will not be able to?

Don't know I am refering to the normal Egyptian law courts. I would check with MOJ direct if you are making any plans.
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imagine
Member # 11591

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Penny

Is it all the Egyptian courts thats closed or just the family court? why are the closed? do you have any links or anything?

Posts: 712 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
To the best of my knowledge its all the courts...they have got to have their summer holidays LOL.

I will be talking to my lawyer in the next day or so and will ask him.

Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to my husband it is only the Courts, and court related offices that are closed.
The Ministy of Justices offices and some other ones are still open.

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Sharm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Laura:
According to my husband it is only the Courts, and court related offices that are closed.

Thank you Laura [Smile] I was just about to post another question but I think you have now answered it....if you are planning to marry in the MOJ do you have to attend any court offices/buildings for any of the procedure.

I think 'imagine' must have been referring to an ofri marriage that will then be registered in the court???

Posts: 1244 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Sharm:
quote:
Originally posted by Laura:

Thank you Laura [Smile] I was just about to post another question but I think you have now answered it....if you are planning to marry in the MOJ do you have to attend any court offices/buildings for any of the procedure.

I think 'imagine' must have been referring to an ofri marriage that will then be registered in the court???

You're welcome Miss Sharm,
When we married the only places we needed to visit were our respective embassies, the MOJ and then one of the offices that are authorized to do translations. Nothing with courts.

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com