EgyptSearch Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » This is crazy (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: This is crazy
Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Sharm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a surprise...the post that I posted last night has gone. I only wanted to know why the posts between 8th September up until 17th September in the love and marriage sections seem to have vanished! As far as I can remember some of those topics had nothing wrong with them at all....some of them even nice [Smile]

I know the mods are trying to keep ES clean but this is just beyond a joke now. Do they not realise that they will drive members away if we feel that we can not post items when we want advice.

As far as I can see there are some postings in other sections that need to be deleted but yet they remain.

I know ES can be a crazy world at times but this is just madness.

Posts: 1244 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are a lot of indentical posts from September 4th that could be removed...
Don't know how, but it seems strange powers are pulling the strings...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amr-
Member # 15737

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amr-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey guys
autoburn function which sam used to get rid of the spam had a problem in deleting the spam posts so he had to delete the posts in that range instead of using user name to be able to get of the spam

this what he explain last night

Posts: 206 | From: Afghanistan | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tom jones   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ES_MOD:
hey guys
autoburn function which sam used to get rid of the spam had a problem in deleting the spam posts so he had to delete the posts in that range instead of using user name to be able to get of the spam

this what he explain last night

Surely has an admin as he is could have sorted and backed up all the posts that was not affected ,but this spam was only with in the Religion section at the time i saw it only one was moved and that was either moved by the Mod or the Admin .
And not all them posts were of the religion section but of love and marriage section only or living in egypt .Anyway does not matter now does it its history so take a coffee and if your not fasting and start all over again . [Smile]

Posts: 1116 | From: WARNING All stressed out & no one to choke | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watch the rolly eyes being removed [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lumos
Member # 14589

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Lumos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Sharm:
What a surprise...the post that I posted last night has gone. I only wanted to know why the posts between 8th September up until 17th September in the love and marriage sections seem to have vanished! As far as I can remember some of those topics had nothing wrong with them at all....some of them even nice [Smile]

I know the mods are trying to keep ES clean but this is just beyond a joke now. Do they not realise that they will drive members away if we feel that we can not post items when we want advice.

As far as I can see there are some postings in other sections that need to be deleted but yet they remain.

I know ES can be a crazy world at times but this is just madness.

The madness will continue until the owners start to see the number of clicks dropping. It doesn't matter how many people say that the moderation has gone too far, it falls on deaf ears. Recently a range of people have expressed concerns, pointed out inconsistencies, removals or deletions. They have ignored recent comments from a range of people including: Miss Sharm; Ayisha; Millas; Desertgirl; Shahrazat; Laura; Young At Heart; Weird Kitty; Tyne; Mdme Butterfly; Sharona, Egyptian Living ; Sashyra; Cosmogirl and me (there have been more, those are the ones I remember).

People notice the inconsistencies and biased moderation – it’s hardly subtle. It is killing the forum – I have never seen it so ghostly quiet, even during Ramadan. I agree with Miss Sharm that they will drive members away. Do they care? No way. I recently PM'ed Sammy to express concern. I expected no reply. I got none. At least I have made my views clear and others should consider doing the same. Either we have a lively forum, with opinionated people making interesting points, or we have a fake Nicey-Nicey world of beige. Take out racism or excessive vile or obscene language, please - but stop the petty interventions and biased inconsistencies. Deleting valid, reasonable threads - like the concerns expressed by Shahrazat and Young At Heart, simply because ES Mod doesn't like what is being said, is crazy.

Posts: 1157 | From: Censor - Edit - Delete, but you will never take away my FREEDOM! | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nasrcity
Member # 15037

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nasrcity   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i replied last night to a posting regarding treatment of egyptians at embassies thats even gone at yet posting of 30 odd THE MUMMY are allowed to stay . what is going on. i have never posted but replyed to many . it make me feel like deleting es from my favourites and not bothering anymore . but i reckon the reply i will get is if u dont want to reply its up to u
Posts: 154 | From: somewhere in the uk | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lumos, one person is continiously applausing the new moderation, isn't this enough to go on for this comedy? [Roll Eyes] [Confused]
Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nasrcity
Member # 15037

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nasrcity   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
just been looking how many posting of the THE MUMMY come on mod get ur finger out and delete them i lost count how many postings of the mummy there are .do your job if u want to clean es up
Posts: 154 | From: somewhere in the uk | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lumos
Member # 14589

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Lumos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Lumos, one person is continiously applausing the new moderation, isn't this enough to go on for this comedy?" - Shahrazat.

It's cringe-worthy, Shahrazat, truly embarrassing to observe. It does the new mod no favours, which is a pity, as some of those who are prepared to give him a chance just think - what's the point? Moderation by Clique is a joke.

Posts: 1157 | From: Censor - Edit - Delete, but you will never take away my FREEDOM! | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Warning:get ready for this thread to be deleted.
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nasrcity
Member # 15037

perhaps the mods should delete the whole lot then there will be no es
nasrcity
Member # 15037

maybe thats what they want
Lumos
Member # 14589

[Big Grin] Narcity, all posts will self-destruct in 30 seconds? Disclaimer: Unless you happen to be 'in' with the mods.
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The whole world went nuts, so why not this board?
Uncle Sam is the biggest insurance-company and mortgage-supplier, unwanted! The financial rescuewatchers had to come in action several times,and the list of just acquired property becomes longer and longer. America, the country of free market, the land of the free en the home of the brave, is tumbling down, and nobody knows if the US are capable to do what they're doing right now.( Don't think so)
Americans are scared, the fear is already that big, that the interest on short-term American state obligations has decreased to zero. Uncle Sam is that safe, that they lend their money for free, to anxious capital administrators.
So, is this crazy or isn't it???
Nagging about lost posts on a messageboard while the world is falling in an abyss...
Whining about another Mohamed that is doing what you want him to do...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lumos
Member # 14589

"Whining about another Mohamed that is doing what you want him to do... "

Could someone please translate this? [Razz]

Nevermind. I'm guessing that it may be about a teddy bear. '?????', we can't all be out solving the world's economic problems. How wonderful that you took time out to share your thoughts. I guess you will be off to sort out famine or gold prices now.

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only thing that I believe should be deleted is abusive/racist comments. And that's deleted, NOT edited. Sorry, but it is one thing deleting someone’s post, but to edit what they said and make it into something different is disgusting.
A comment off topic certainly doesn't warrant a deletion. Threads always change topic, it is the same on any forum. Also, saying opinions on the new moderation madness shouldn't warrant a deletion either. People do not come onto a public forum to be censored. It is like “1984” in web world!
The last forum I was an active member on fell to pieces due to the admins moderation of it, I would hate to see that happen here. But it only takes so many deletes for people to start get frustrated and leaving.

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thinking whining should be deleted... from life as well though not from just a little ole message board [Big Grin]
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lumos
Member # 14589

"People do not come onto a public forum to be censored. It is like “1984” in web world!" WK

Well summed up, WK. We are all adults here - or meant to be. Racism and excessive obscene/vile language, it is reasonable to deal with through moderation. Petty squabbles, disagreements and personal dislikes are another matter. People can slug them out themselves, without censorship. Removing every criticism of recent moderation is ridiculous. The board owners should value feedback from members, when issues like this crop up. Who are we supposed to report problems about moderation to? The mod? That is unfair.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe all the critism will ring through to the mod; I am sure he wants to keep his boardmembers happy.

WK, I am still posting on another forum which deals with Cryptozoology but the guy who owns it is such a creep. I met up with him once in person and he truly is someone who can't get well along with people. He's deleting posts if it doesn't fit his opinion and has a go at members once in a while. And god forbid you say something funny!! He truly is not easy and he always wants to show off that he's so much starter than anyone else. IMHO he should close the forum for other members and just talk to himself the whole day. [Confused]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lumos
Member # 14589

'Cryptozoology'.

I've never even heard of this. Is it something hideously kinky? [Razz]

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lumos:
"People do not come onto a public forum to be censored. It is like “1984” in web world!" WK

Well summed up, WK. We are all adults here - or meant to be. Racism and excessive obscene/vile language, it is reasonable to deal with through moderation. Petty squabbles, disagreements and personal dislikes are another matter. People can slug them out themselves, without censorship. Removing every criticism of recent moderation is ridiculous. The board owners should value feedback from members, when issues like this crop up. Who are we supposed to report problems about moderation to? The mod? That is unfair.

Hey let's start a petition on here!!
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lumos
Member # 14589

"Hey let's start a petition on here!!" - Tigerlily.

Only if you tell me what 'Cryptowhatsitology' is! D

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
'Cryptozoology'.

I've never even heard of this. Is it something hideously kinky? [Razz]

But I am sure you heard about Bigfoot, Chupacabra, Nessie etc. before? [Smile]
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why don't we all think of new post subjects and "The Mummy" threads will go further and further down the list that they will then be forgotten about and more interesting things can be discussed? [Smile]
Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Petty squabbles, disagreements and personal dislikes are another matter.
I agree, some of the most fun, interesting and eye-opening discussions I have on here, probably would have been deleted after the first few posts if they happened today. They were not arguments, they were debates, that admittedly sometimes got a little heated, but never crossed a certain line. We are adults, and no one was hurt. It is merely discussions, words on a page.

quote:
WK, I am still posting on another forum which deals with Cryptozoology but the guy who owns it is such a creep. I met up with him once in person and he truly is someone who can't get well along with people. He's deleting posts if it doesn't fit his opinion and has a go at members once in a while. And god forbid you say something funny!! He truly is not easy and he always wants to show off that he's so much starter than anyone else. IMHO he should close the forum for other members and just talk to himself the whole day.
Haha, sounds like my old forum! It was an atheist site, that was once for good debates. The admin admittedly is one of the most intelligent people I have ever spoken to, but he was always quick to the ban. Christian's world come on, and every little mistake would get them kicked. Then, not using proper capitalisation, or text talk such as "lol" would get you banned. But we put up with it. Then he banned the most popular poster, and so everyone left and joined a new forum. That forum is now buzzing, whilst the other pretty much has just the admin and a tumbleweed.

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lumos
Member # 14589

Tigerlily: "But I am sure you heard about Bigfoot, Chupacabra, Nessie etc. before?"

Ah - so mystical/weird creatures, kind of thing? ES must be a perfect field study then. [Big Grin]

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
'Cryptozoology'
Term coined by zoologist Bernard Heuvelmans to characterize the study of "hidden animals." It includes the study of the existence of known animals in places where they were not expected to occur as well as the persistence of animals presumed to be extinct. The key trait of animals considered the object of cryptozoology is their unexpected nature. The idea of cryptozoology was suggested by the discovery of exotic animals through the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. They include the gorilla, the giant squid, and the coelecanth (a fish thought to be extinct for many millenia).

The primary interest of present-day cryptozoologists are such animals as the Loch Ness Monster and other lake monsters, Bigfoot and other living hominoids, and the possibility of various dinosaur survivals.

[Eek!] lol.... Oh no, we went off topic, will we get deleted!! haha.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Tigerlily: "But I am sure you heard about Bigfoot, Chupacabra, Nessie etc. before?"

Ah - so mystical/weird creatures, kind of thing? ES must be a perfect field study then. [Big Grin]

Rofl..... I wish!! [Wink]
Lumos
Member # 14589

quote:
Originally posted by weirdkitty:
quote:
Lumos: "... Petty squabbles, disagreements and personal dislikes are another matter."
I agree, some of the most fun, interesting and eye-opening discussions I have on here, probably would have been deleted after the first few posts if they happened today. They were not arguments, they were debates, that admittedly sometimes got a little heated, but never crossed a certain line. We are adults, and no one was hurt. It is merely discussions, words on a page.

Agreed.

What is also important is to apply the same standards to those whom you dislike, when it comes to moderating. Ayisha made a great post recently, detailing just this. Unfortunately, it was deleted, but it made perfect sense and struck straight at the heart of the matter. You have to moderate fairly, or don't bother. Even those whose behaviour we dislike deserve fair treatment on a public board. Anything less is churlish and shabby.

Mira Sol
Member # 15569

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mira Sol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To moderate (v) one should be moderate (n).
Posts: 929 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What offends some may not offend others. what is acceptable to some, is meerly not acceptable to others. I would guess the moderators are trying to moderate the best they can to keep everyone happy and not just the select few who voice their opinions. Some of us may not be happy with what vanishes but in life we simply have to deal with things and crack on [Big Grin]

I have only ever reported one post and it was dealt with, maybe the posts that have vanished have also been reported by others.

Remember, we come in peace [Wink]

I personally find personal attacks and nasty comments offensive and after having received many myself from a few people I am glad that they have finally being stopped.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sherribaby
Member # 15378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sherribaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Recently I have been attempting to keep up with posts, but wheneven I try some have been deleted. A day or so ago I browsed to see other old postings - got the shock of my life when I saw some awful pictures of porn, which had been posted between some innocent comments about family and children. WHY were these picturs not deleted? How can you delete simple topics of discussion or debate? People will always have differing opinions and powerful emotions, the way they express themselves may be agressive or subdued, this forum has adult members who have the right to part-take in discussions of their choice surely.??? If I am reading a thread that is becoming offensive and boring I choose not to go back to it, SIMPLE. Who moderates the moderator I wonder???? [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 547 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Surely we all moderate the moderator by reporting the posts we find offensive. Isn't the mod just our little clean up monkey?
sherribaby
Member # 15378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sherribaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But that means then that ALL the deleted posts are being reported??by who?? I am very confused here!!!! Please enlighten me....
Posts: 547 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by cheekyferret:
little clean up monkey?

Personally, I would replace the M with a D, would surely be more fitting!
Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that all the deleting of innocent posts has become silly. I have always said that I dislike when members start to personally insult each other, it ends up as a cat fight and is boring to all other members here. (At this point tried to insert mad smiley, but it then goes to close all tabs and I have to start from scratch. Friend spend 3 hours fixing my computer today and says more time is needed. Unhappy smiley!)Hopefully things here will be sorted. Enough people have registered their feelings.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Administrator
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are such things as technical issues, there were some messages that were accidentally deleted when trying to wipe out a bunch of spam posts on the board.
Posts: 114 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With respect Sammy, there was quite alot removed that were no where near the spam. In some instances before the spam was posted. But hope you get things sorted.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Administrator
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes, at least 10 days worth of threads.
Posts: 114 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by sammy:
there were some messages that were accidentally deleted when trying to wipe out a bunch of spam posts on the board.

I never realized you were a funny guy... [Big Grin] .
But ok, I believe you [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed] .

We are happy a mod shows up now and then, but he has to focus [Razz] [Razz] .

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The thing I would like to point is that people are investing their time in writing (sometimes very long) posts, which disappear in a split of a second.
Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's why you have to write short posts, Makbeta! [Smile] [Big Grin]
Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lumos
Member # 14589

quote:
There are such things as technical issues, there were some messages that were accidentally deleted when trying to wipe out a bunch of spam posts on the board.

Yes, but many are NOT technical issues. You know that, as I have PM'ed, but you didn't even have the courtesy to reply. The owner of the board is responsible for allowing Moderation By Clique. If the owner read the board, he would see that complaints about 'ES Mod' abound. As Sheribaby pointed out, whom do we complain to about the mod? There isn't a 'Report a Mod' button, but demand sure calls for one.

Outside the issues around ES Mod lie problems with banning people. The owner is responsible for that, I believe. Ridiculous decisions are made - such as banning Sono one day, then letting her back under a new name the next. It's not like she was hiding her identity, she was spotted immediately. That is down to the owner, I suspect, not ES Mod and it is a glaring inconsistency. Moderation on this forum is a biased joke and it's time you listened to a range of views, not just the few who have 'access'.

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
One of the technical issues by moderating is that it is impossible to ban a person. An IP can be blocked but there are millions of free IP's available for anyone who wants to enter a board.
Takes some time, to change the proxy everytime, but it is possible to enter any board without any problem.

Then about the Mod. Can be the same person as the owner, but it doesn't have to be this way. I thought this board was owned by Sammy, registered owner, so he decides what is and what isn't allowed. The members are having no rights at all in this. The only right a member has , is to visit it, or to stay away and search for a board with another policy.

Simple!

--------------------

sammy
Administrator
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Then why are you still here? If anyone is unhappy with the way we run things then go join some other forum.
We have almost half a million page views a month and I'm sorry we can't keep everyone happy.
If someone posts attacks on other members, we'll delete the posts. If someone posts pornography, we remove it. Hey it may not happen 6 seconds after you report it but when we get around to it we will.
The moderator is someone who is volunteering their time to try and keep this place running smooth. There are bumps along the road .. deal.

Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
quote:
Then why are you still here? If anyone is unhappy with the way we run things then go join some other forum.
We have almost half a million page views a month and I'm sorry we can't keep everyone happy.
If someone posts attacks on other members, we'll delete the posts. If someone posts pornography, we remove it. Hey it may not happen 6 seconds after you report it but when we get around to it we will.
The moderator is someone who is volunteering their time to try and keep this place running smooth. There are bumps along the road .. deal.

And what about my rolly eyes being deleted all the time??? [Mad] [Roll Eyes]

Why im i deleted for rolling eyes to another member post? [Mad] [Roll Eyes] [Mad]

sammy
Administrator
Member # 2

Member Rated:
$5 dollar fine for each rolly eye from now on.
Lumos
Member # 14589

"Then why are you still here? If anyone is unhappy with the way we run things then go join some other forum." Sammy

Maybe we will just stay to annoy you. [Big Grin] Your forum is peppered with racist, homophobic, obscene crap and you appoint a moderator to this section to deal with petty sqabbles? . You do nothing for ages when people ask you to. You allow people's accounts to remain visibly hacked and let pornographic images stay for ages. You don't respond unless an absolute deluge of complaints come in - like now. At least we know what is behind ES and the disrespect for members. You may not like it, but you are the owner in name only. The members make this forum - not you.

Lumos
Member # 14589

quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
Then about the Mod. Can be the same person as the owner, but it doesn't have to be this way. I thought this board was owned by Sammy, registered owner, so he decides what is and what isn't allowed. The members are having no rights at all in this. The only right a member has , is to visit it, or to stay away and search for a board with another policy.

Simple!

You are absolutely right. I have known this for ages, but it's good to have it out in the open that there is absolutely no fairness here, from the owner. Some members are used to well run, properly moderated forums, and might labour under the false impression that this is one, initially.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com