EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » What are you doing Now (Page 24)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  43  44  45   
Author Topic: What are you doing Now
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by marydot:
Guess this will be the final post from me...Goodbye. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Guess this will be the final post from me...Goodbye. [Big Grin]

where are you going Mary.
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got back from the supermarket. It was hell. Why is it when someone wants to pick a row, it has to be the customer behind me and the one in front? "You lookin at me?" "Yeah, I been looking at you for the past 20 minutes while you've been ponsing about". Me, I'm not looking at anyone. My shoes are just too darned interesting.

Tis the season to be jolly... ho ho ho.

Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am deciding whether I can be arsed to wade through the nike cheapies to find a thread worth reading, found it, posting in it.

Someone let me know if there is anything worth bothering with under the pile of crap nike SPAM everywhere otherwise I'm watching tv.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am making homemade peach ice cream and after that blueberry sorbet [Razz]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am drooling.
Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
well the peach in in the ice cream maker...almost done...then time for the good stuff blueberry sorbet,,,come on over monkey [Wink]
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Ah, you're killing me. Peach icecream - I've never seen it before. Sounds goooooood.

Are home ice cream makers any good then or are you using a professional?

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
just a electric ice cream maker that you can buy in a department store...my bro gave it to my mom
you never had Peach ice cream? what? [Eek!] have you ever had peaches and creme? its just frozen

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
No. I don't remember seeing it here ever... which is weird, because it makes perfect sense. Yep, peaches and cream is good [Smile]

**scurries off to write a quick note to Santa**

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Note from Santa to Monkey: No chance lady, you've been naughty*

[Razz]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone ever lived in a tropical climate? I know temps vary somewhat in different regions, here in s.e.a you're literally one with the outdoors. You can leave the balcony doors wide and not fret about the temp outside affecting the inside of your home, the difference is insignificant.

Saw Tron today at the cinema, early bird special $3 [Big Grin] . The regular price is $4, so whoopy doo. But don't those numbers look cute? 3-D would have cost a whooping $5, but it was only showing in the PM. I like it, liked it a lot. Not for everyone though. The visual effects were awesome, and read that they worked on that for several years.

2011 is practically here. I know new year resolutions are so played out, and really don't care about them anymore, I do however appreciate the freshness of a new year. The new challenges, new things to learn and most of all - things to accomplish. Atop my list is becoming a pescetarian (non meat/poultry eating), and doing so means a lot to me, it's been in the making for a few years. Deep down I know I'm not ready to become a vegetarian, and I accept that fact, tried it, fell flat on my face. I can however live off of select seafood.

Don't get me wrong, I have always loved meat, and remain so, think I've made that more than clear in the this thread and especially the food forum. Just disenchanted with meat in general, especially Australian/New Zealand and everything else that is mass farmed. Yes, sure it's tender but where's the taste. I know I've ate enough ribs, burgers, steaks in my life and it's time to embrace a healthier lifestyle. Becoming a pescetrian isn't easy, and you have to have access to quality/safe seafood or else you're better off eating meat. But I think I got that covered (mercury/PCBs/etc) . So basically I'm looking at a diet that consists of lentils/wheat for breakfast, salmon for lunch, sushi/sashami (which I eventually intend to learn how to make myself incl. procururing sushi grade fish) for dinner, fruits and veggies in between. I have tried it and no complaint and this diet has definitely subsided meat cravings.

All of that is not easy, research, and actually acquiring the food. To give you an idea, let's talk salmon, Norwegian salmon is praised but it's from the northern hemisphere (a polluted area of the world. almost as bad as Scottish salmon ), and simply put it's a great tasting salmon but New Zealand salmon is safer thus better. I'm realistic here and not talking about wild salmon. Becoming an vegetarian would be a lot more simpler if possible.

Now as in this very minute, just finished writing this post, listening to old school music and sipping a stout.

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
just made homemade coconut ice cream [Razz]
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Sounds good babe – sounds deeee-lish-ous..love coconut. I'm about to cook a salmon steak, salt, pepper, chilli pepper, coat with sunflower oil and pan sear it. Garnish it with honey, and the side dish is spicy dhal, which is already made, so just gonna heat that up and add some water.
Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had Salmon with carrots Saturday night.

Tonight I am at home getting lefse ready to make tomorrow and I am sitting here waiting for the third snow emergency in 1 week.

We got 17 inches, then 6 inches and now we are getting 8 inches tonight (possibly).

Glad I get to walk to work, but for the folks who drive into work well there has been alot of sick days for those folks and I am not buying it.

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am listening Serious Request. It's a yearly event, working addictive, because they are live on air 24/7. The whole country is contributing to it. Serious Request is a project by Dutch radio station 3FM in which they collect money for projects of the Red Cross. Three DJs live in a house of glass for six days (5 days in 2004) and was located at the Neude in Utrecht the first years without anything to eat in this whole period. In 2007, the Glass house was located on 't Plein in The Hague. In 2008 the Glass House could be found on de Grote Markt in Breda. Meanwhile they play songs requested by people who listen to the radio and those who take time to visit the house. With the requests the listeners donate a certain amount of money that is reliable for the person(s) in question. Furthermore lots of notable Dutch people are helping the project outside the house. There is also an auction held every year. The project was held for the first time in 2004 and has been held every year since and takes place during the week prior to Christmas. Each year one track is adopted by the DJs as the "goed gevoel plaat" ("feel good track"). These tracks are seen as the unofficial theme songs and were not chosen before the project started, but were automatically created as the week progressed.

Serious Request 2010 ("Aids took away their parents, Give back their future")
Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Serious request 2010

The 2010 location for Serious Request is Eindhoven. DJs Giel Beelen, Gerard Ekdom and Coen Swijnenberg populate the house. The theme of the 2010 edition is AIDS Orphans.

Studio Brussel
Radio station Studio Brussel has located their Glass House in Ghent. DJ's this year are Siska Schoeters, Sam Debruyn and Sofie Lemaire. The result was: € 3,649,595 (1.300.000 from the federal & Flemish gouverments, 2,349.595 from the listeners)

Switzerland
The actions in Switzerland (Jeder Rappen zählt) The result was: €5,251,835.92. Radio station DRS 3 has located their Glass House in Bern. DJ's this year were Nik Hartmann, Anic Lautenschlager and Tom Gisler.

Samih Sawiris added 20% of the final amount from the Sawiris Foundation

Kenya
The 2010 Kenyan edition by Ghetto Radio is located opposite the Hilton Nairobi.

Sweden
In Sweden (Musikhjälpen) are running from 2010-12-13 to 2010-12-19. The theme is 'Children are not for sale' and the money goes to project concerning trafficking, child labor and similar

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Presents are all wrapped now, having had to traipse to get more sellotape. Still in the ice age here, -13 tomorrow [Frown] Will try to make more mince pies tomorrow, hopefully more successful than the last effort that were tasty but fell apart!
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Exiiled:
^Sounds good babe – sounds deeee-lish-ous..love coconut. I'm about to cook a salmon steak, salt, pepper, chilli pepper, coat with sunflower oil and pan sear it. Garnish it with honey, and the side dish is spicy dhal, which is already made, so just gonna heat that up and add some water.

it turned out so nice and creamy...at the last minute before it was done , i added lime zest....wowwwwwwwwwwwwww ....amazing and so easy with my ice cream machine [Razz] [Wink]
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
@metinoot - The carrots were a side or you cooked them with salmon? Getting quality salmon here is a challenge, and the selection is probably no where near the variety you probably get in MN. Having a climate that is ideal for salmon, you probably have some local salmon. Got my hands on some more salmon today, should last for next several days. Yeah been eating it every day, not a lot, just a small steak, enough though.

@Micky – How homemade ice cream compared to say Breyers and Haagen Daz, how would it compare? I know you can get creative with flavors, but how would you compare it to the brands I mentioned?

Reading – The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest, by Stieg Larrson. It's the third installment of the “millenium trilogy.” I saw the first two and decided to read the last.

The first part “ The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” is an awesome movie, and anyone would love it. Fortunately I found a version that was dubbed in English. Who ever wants to download it here is the link: *it's a torrent, so I hope you have a torrent program*. It's only 450MB, but looks and sounds great. The original title in Swedish literally translates to “Men Who Hate Women

http://

thepiratebay.org/torrent/5726368/The_Girl_with_the_Dragon_Tattoo_%5BENG%5D%282009%29_DVDRIP_-_450Mb_-YIFY

note: visit the link and click "download torrent"

Dawn-Bev*
Member # 15190

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn-Bev*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when baking, just soak everything in either port or sherry and no one will care, it will taste good

[Smile]

when cooking, marinate in red wine or martini (great with chicken)

Posts: 712 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Going to bed. Cooked lunch, well mostly all that remains is rice -just being effiecent [Big Grin] . It's 9am here, beautiful cloudy skies after a night of downpour. Love it, love clouds, and the smell of the forest.
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Slept to clouds, awoke to clouds. Magnificent. Have a 3 block walk to the Japanese market ahead of me, want sushi for breakfast, along with miso soup which I'll make. Reminds me, have to get tofu and spring onion.
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Exiiled:

The first part “ The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” is an awesome movie, and anyone would love it.

Watched this a few weeks ago, excellent film!
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
@Ayisha, yeah was great. Lisbeth Salander was awesome. If you got any movie recommendations share them because you obviously know whats good.

--------------

I found something Iranians make aside from Persian rugs that's pretty good, non-alcoholic beer. You guys think the contrast in Arab society is huge. You haven't seen anything yet until you checked out Iranians. There's a good number of them in an area down town, the contrasting attire of family members walking side by side is striking. I'm talking from sandals to high heels, covered hair to Mrs Bundy, Spice Girls, Pussycat dolls hairstyles, covered clothing to skin tight capri pants, no skin to abs and other parts showing, all of this side by side and during the afternoon. Women here for example wear short shorts and tight t-shirts all the time, it's totally normal. But the contrast of Iranians is very noticeable and seemingly overkill, like going to a nightclub in the middle of the day.

People are people though and I think they want to feel free, be expressive, dress as they wish while on vacation or whatever. Probably enjoy their time away from the harsh laws of Shia theocracy. It's true what they say extremes can lead to other forms of extremes. A taxi driver once asked me if Iranians were muslims, I cracked up laughing because he had such a puzzled look on his face and nodded Yes. It doesn't help that they're always in the news, getting napped at the airport trying to smuggle in narcotics, and I mean a lot, sometimes as much as a dozen incidents a month.

...now I'm about to cook the clams I bought earlier. Also got couple of emerald fish out of the water tank, nothing like live seafood. There was a sign there stating they were rich in Omega 3, hope it's not just a marketing ploy, if so won't be the first or last time to be suckered. Anyhow think I'll make a variation of Cioppino with the clams, play a movie, and just take my time in kitchen.

Anyone buy fresh seafood in Cairo? The Red Sea catch is delicious, safe and healthy. There's a side street off Corniche-el-Nile before downtown. The fresh catch on pickup arrives from the Red Sea around noon. I became a regular there, and you guys know what they do to old fish? They sell 'em cheap to restaurants. [Big Grin] I guess those establishment then sell 'em fried or either use them as fillet as those are two methods to mask the effects of old fish.

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Large fresh clams are a chore. Sheesh, didn't know what I was getting myself into. You have to scrub 'em, soak them in a gallon of salted water for 20 minutes, rinse, repeat 2 more times. The Coppinio recipe is out, a much more simpler recipe is in:

Steamed Clams – This is a recipe that was given 5/5 stars and reviewers are raving about it. Have to find out what the fuss is all about.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/steamed-clams-recipe/index.html

Might substitute the wine with Apple Juice or may just use broth instead. Have time to decide as the clams are still soaking salt watter.

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
@Micky – How homemade ice cream compared to say Breyers and Haagen Daz, how would it compare? I know you can get creative with flavors, but how would you compare it to the brands I mentioned?

i would say we only eat breyers in our house for 1 and 2 , i think the texture is a little different then breyers ,,,its like a soft serve ice cream...like a dairy queen .if you know what that is...soft and smooth and creamy...but both are delicious

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
@Micky, ok thanks, I know exactly what you mean now. [Smile]

---

The clams recipe turned out OMG kind of delicious. Twas very simple but the broth from steaming the clams was amazing. Okay, I added no salt as soaking them in salt sufficed. The recipe on top calls for salt, just use it at the end if you want.

Made some basmati rice, poured some of the broth on top, had the rest as soup, and ate the clams one by one with delight. The only thing missing was a pearl. [Big Grin]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
well"A" i cant be everywhere [Big Grin]
i will try this recipe, but i will add the white wine, which gives it that extra good taste...sounds great, and lots of lemons

Momma_Dukez
Member # 16037

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mmmm lemons. one of my favorite snacks is lemon wedges with hot sauce on them. i dunno. i always have a yankerin for hot n sour foods.
Posts: 221 | From: philly | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love lemon rinds with salt.. mmmm

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Happy holidays to everyone celebrating Christmas. Those in the northern hemisphere enjoy the snow, if you got any. Enjoy your gifts as well (if you got any [Razz] ), someone down the block, got a brand new Lamborghini, wrapped in bow and all. Pretty cool gift.

Spent the earlier part of the evening listening to live music and downing pints of Guinness. There's a month long Guinness Christmas promotion, so where the cheap is, is where I go or as they say here.

Christmas is really all commercial here. I think it's very successful because considering only 9% are Christians, with most ppl Muslims, Buddhist and Hindus, Christmas marketing was constantly in your face. Also helps that it coincides with the end of the year sales and school holidays.

Going to enjoy what remains of the night. There's something sublime and immaculate about it. Trivia question, which Egyptian Caliph ordered markets and business hours to be conducted at night, rather than day?

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Just awoke, it's 8pm and listening to george wassouf, yes laptop on my mattress, still w/o my love, plans changed, I take comfort in a week i'll taste her sweet tongue. “waa a3yoonha aalit, wa 3ni maalit, 3yoonha aalit, 3ni maalit, shaalit hati, hatitt shalit,, kuloh b'lafit nazar”

gonna order pizza and watch a movie, mqybe play xbox

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXcXb_XnQIw

marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont celebrate christmas, so its just a normal day here.

Will be messing around with some new software!!!

pinnacle studio12 [Big Grin]

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yesterday was fun, I spent it with family and friends... I skype'd home and spoke to my girlies, we ate average food, we drank local wine and then we all went to a party at my place and we partied till the small hours. Much fun and stuff the neighbours who complained about the noise! I am only noisy one night a year, they by nature are noisy all the fecking time.

Boxing Day.. .a time to watch crap films and finish off the chips, dips and Vino [Smile]

Christmas in Egypt... not the same as home but just as joyeous [Big Grin]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Just ordered online shopping at sainburys [Big Grin]
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
I just got home, had a lovely afternoon with my sister, went shopping and spent lots of money...

Last time my sister was in serbia which was a few weeks back,, my brother in law mother she had packed me a lovely scarf, which is so pretty.. [Smile]

marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Looking for Youtube Themes... [Big Grin]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
trying to dig my car out of the snow drift [Mad]
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Vowing never to eat again.

Too... many... mince... pies... [Frown]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Monkey:
Vowing never to eat again.

Too... many... mince... pies... [Frown]

fatso [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Razz]
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Chef Mick:

OMG, didn't you get those ciggies yet? If you're a smoker like I was a smoker, it must be reaching critical by now [Eek!]

I gave up smoking and got hooked on the gum. About two years ago now - oopsie. Nightmare to get hold of outside shopping hours, and a rip off to boot.

Good luck in your quest, Chef Mick.

MrMedpop
Member # 18443

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for MrMedpop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello,
i'm a new here
this forum is really fantastic
enjoy

Posts: 1 | From: egypt | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Monkey:
quote:
Originally posted by Chef Mick:

OMG, didn't you get those ciggies yet? If you're a smoker like I was a smoker, it must be reaching critical by now [Eek!]

I gave up smoking and got hooked on the gum. About two years ago now - oopsie. Nightmare to get hold of outside shopping hours, and a rip off to boot.

Good luck in your quest, Chef Mick.

got the cigs...but am still stuck in the driveway...bro just came home to rescue me...bless his heart. the wind is so bad that if you are in it for 1 minute ,your fingers feel frost bit
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Finished researching local fish, well not completely, there are still some species that I haven't found data on. My research is for personal reasons, as I mentioned in another post, I am a pescetarian (yes I'm announcing it to the world, and more than once [Big Grin] ) and reliance on fish is more vital than ever. The research was primarily on the chemical composition of local fish, especially mercury levels. What helped me a lot was an abstract that had helpful statistics, unfortunately couldn't read the entire academic article as they are charging $40 to download it, might dish out the dough to get it, just not now. So feeling pretty good that I got that info, and I'll tell ya scientific names are too long to remember.

It's dawn now, waiting for 9am to arrive, when shops open up, want to do a little shopping, went yesterday hoping the holiday shoppers dispersed only to be majority disappointed, they were sill out in force, and on a weekday too, have a feeling I'm not the only one who doesn't work. Friggin Christmas decorations went down only to be replaced by friggin Chinese New Year decorations, which is predominated by ugly colors (red and gold, tacky). CNY is like 6 weeks away, maybe more, damn commercialization.

You guys know the story of Gog and Magog?! Of course you do. [Big Grin] Well I found them, they're the Chinese, I kid you not, with their revenue increasing, they will use their money to eat everything in sight. 1.3 billion people who only ate 3 bowls of rice a decade or two ago, now want Ipods, cars, food, you name it.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just finishing off year end work before commencing the mundane task of looking for bargain flights that won't take me via the moon!
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Past few days been sleeping awful. Yesterday evened this out, slept from 5:30pm to 4:30am. Probably due to being crazy busy, made a couple of shopping trips, got some plants, a zebra and a zamioculcas, which is a remarkable plant, it was slanted yesterday and I thought I had to straighten it out, but when I awoke today it was straight. Now it appears I have to buy them pots and plates that go underneath the pots to make them look nicer, also some kind of water mechanism because water from the cup is a little messy and the water isn't spreading evenly. I'll tell I could easily fall in love with these plants, especially if they are as fascinating as the zami plant that straighten itself out. The other one has a torn leaf, so I have to find out if amputation is necessary. [Big Grin]

The plants were just for starters, also finished up the cooking area for the outside kitchen, which was on hold for some time, so all heavy cooking will be done there. Thinking of getting a wooden bench for the smaller balcony, to sit, relax and just make it nicer. A few more other things like pictures, oud (arabic insense) and I'm done.

Also fought off a major meat crave yesterday, the solution was spanish mackerel steak, ate it pan fried, salt and peppered it, and it was fabulous, hit the spot. Off to shop again, if I'm done with everything before evening, I'm gonna make tonight a Guinness night.

Momma_Dukez
Member # 16037

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My dad was up from Florida this past week and stayed the whole time with me...my sister is pissed because now she thinks he favors me over her, which kept him more away from them.
We spent the time paying guitar and getting drunk...he got me laughing and I haven't cracked a smile in a while.
aleya got lots for christmas, but overall, IM GLAD CHRISTMAS IS OVER!!!!!

Posts: 221 | From: philly | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
A Guinness night... man alive I cannot wait to make that statement!!! And I will be at a gig on St Patrick's in an Irish Bar in England so ISA I will have the best Guinness sesh ever!

I am currently trying to debate and negotiate with a stroppy 4 year old. So difficult!

MD, it is good to drink, play guitar and laugh with people who can help you crack a smile. Sounds like my kinda thing.

Bring on NYE! SO excited.

Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dubai Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Going to start packing now....off to Cairo tomorow. Doubt we will be doing anything exciting there this NY eve. Got to sort out the baby's baptism. So much to do so litle time. Even the people we were out with last new years in Cairo have now left. One couple have moved to California and another couple have gone to live in Oz. The majority of my husbands friends have all left Egypt. Every time we visit there seems to be less and less. These are all Egyptian/Egyptian couples as well.

I am so looking forward to some sunshine and being able to chill out on my balcony with a good book.

Posts: 500 | From: United Arab Emirates | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Good luck with the sunshine lol.. it has peed down all day [Frown] I am informed though that the fine and dandy weather will return very soon though [Smile]

Yeah, each year the expat circle goes through a shrink stage as teachers depart to experience new countries, contracts expire etc but soon as the lull hits a new influx of 'fresh meat' arrives.

If you wanna coffee some day so I can catch up with you and hubby let me know, I would love to meet mini DG.

I have just eaten some of my home made soup and am now slouched on the sofa with a Kit Kat and CSI. Life don't get much better than this [Smile]

Oh, and I have the hot air on as it is freaking cold!!!

Have a safe flight DG and I hope the Baptism is a beautiful day for you.

This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  43  44  45   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com