EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » What are you doing Now (Page 44)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  41  42  43  44  45   
Author Topic: What are you doing Now
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Cheeky - Cafes are enjoyable. Managed to drink an ice-coffee in 30 minutes. That's a record for me. I usually drink 'em quick and order a 2nd right after, but all that caffeine interfers with my sleep.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My day is coming to an end and winding down now. And I want no part in the mess my wife got herself into. So I just shooed her away. She's selling her Iphone and in the process of “cleaning it” or deleting personal files, she somehow reset it and locked it. Meaning it has to be unlocked. And I may be a little tech savy, but not now as I'm unwinding down and sldo want no part of anything apple. Don't need the BS stress, I mean just take the damn thing to the mall and have some geek unlock it!

Anyway, I'm unwinding. [Smile] Had a nice day today. Have weekend plans as well, taking wifey out tomorrow night to comedy club. Hanging out with friends on Saturday.

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had half hour in Starebucks today Exiiled... only left as I had a busy day.

i love to take a book or my laptop and sit and get a tan [Big Grin]

Watching a film eating noodles. Noodles cost me like 1.5le and they are spicy and lush, proper cheap snack

Rare occassion to drink in the house but I fancied some red wine to keep me company, it tastes like crap and it is expensive crap too... 41 le for wine is madness, i can get 3 for a fiver back in England.

I am thinking while I was power napping a sandstorm must have gone through as I can taste the sahara!

Ah, locked phones are a ball ache! No matter what country you are in!

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Egyptian wine does suck and is pricey. Arab governments can be such morons in this regard and irks me. Jordan and Palestinians make decent wines, enough to be recognized by several international wine bodies. They are good. Yet there isn't one single bottle of Jordanian wine in Egyptian market. Jordan imports all their Heineken from Holland, yet Egypt which is right next door brews and exports it. It's a given Jordanian wine for Egyptian Heineken.

As for drinking just drank a large Tiger beer [Smile] The night is young, well it's almost night [Big Grin]

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Tiger Beer, and Kobra and Elephant. I quite like Sakarra too but the Stella here is awful.

Much better than 20 years ago though when it either had sand or dead insects in!!!

That is why I do my Duty Free dealings, the local stuff is rank! And I only had a couple of glasses of the wine and I have such a bad head [Frown]

I am off to the ACE today to go catch up with friends. Not a bad start to the weekend. [Big Grin]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xiaochun3612
Member # 18924

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xiaochun3612     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am reading now and somking ! it is so relax...what are you doing ?

Microsoft Office 2007Microsoft Office Professional 2010

Posts: 3 | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dubai Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
I like Tiger Beer, and Kobra and Elephant. I quite like Sakarra too but the Stella here is awful.

Much better than 20 years ago though when it either had sand or dead insects in!!!

That is why I do my Duty Free dealings, the local stuff is rank! And I only had a couple of glasses of the wine and I have such a bad head [Frown]

I quite like Egyptian Stella, yet I would never drink beer in England although saying that whenever we visit Cairo we always go to duty free, not the airport but the shop in Heliopolis...we have a nice healthy stash of wine and spirits in our apartment over there. Cheeky where do you get three bottles of wine for a fiver in England? They do 3 bottles for 10 in Asda but I never saw it for a fiver? Unless you're talking about Lambrini? [Wink]

When it comes to wine. I like the nice stuff. When it's red its got to be Malbec or Rioja and if its white then I love Pinot Gris or Pinot Noir. mmmmmm shame I am currently on a self imposed booze ban. Saving myself for a weekend in Dublin I have coming up [Big Grin]

Posts: 500 | From: United Arab Emirates | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
@Cheeky – I actually like Stella, it seems so Egyptian. I like the smell actually. I think prior to 1994 or 1995 it was only 2.5% alcohol content, read that somewhere. You know what's a shame Egypt actually had a stout.

Chilling in the old part of my town. It's such a lazy afternoon. Very slow paced and I like it. Earlier I filleted a tilapia, fried it, made two sandwiches topped with tarter sauce and hot sauce. Yummy. Left home with wifey to watch Pirates of the Caribbean 4 and not only was it sold out for the time but the entire day was sold out too. That is disgusting, what's even worse is why oh why do we put ourselves in this situation. We live literally a mere couple of blocks from the cinema, so such entertainment should be put on hold till the weekdays. And by the way the most romantic time to watch a movie at the cinema is either a tuesday or wednesday, preferably a late night one. Oh I'm full of blabber today. [Big Grin]

Anyway chilling in the older part of town, wifey doing her shopping/browsing at the mall – meet up with her in few hours. Think might have to give my friends a raincheck for tonight. So not in the mood now. Just feel too relaxed. A classic sign of domestication – I guess. Which is okay. Gonna go drink another beer, finish my blabber later........

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Stella 20 years back Exiiled had no standard proof. You could go out one night and drink 7 and be fine and the next night drink 2 and be sloshed! It was the roulette beer.

I think I meant three for a tenner DG. Not the best wine but it is not vinegar! Wow, it is has been so long since I bought UK wine I cannot think of the name. It's bottle had a wide neck that my chavvy mate would also uses as a vase!

Mason something.

I like a nice red wine or cava... depends what I am eating.

My drinks cabinet always looks healthy too DG, you just never know when a nice little social gathering could just turn into a wild party [Wink]

I have just woke up after a heavy day with the dudes, so I am just off to Starbucks to get some caffeine then round to me mams for an hr.

Oh, and I am waiting for rapture.

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prosecco's nice. I think it's Italian [Confused] It's a bit fruitier than cava or champers - only a bit - not supersweet like that Asti Spumante stuff.

Recouperating. I have a cold [Frown] Came home yesterday with a really sore throat - it came on so quick. I never get sick, the last time I had a cold must be... I don't even know, years ago. It's very overrated.

Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I LOVE champagne, I always buy a nice bottle when I am in the UK [Smile] My birthday champers was spiked with H'arack jelly shots which was fun... expensive fun!!!

Get yerself some lockets and man up monkey [Wink]

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesn't manning up where colds are concerned consist of saying "I'm dying, I'm dying"?

[Smile]

Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Are you just saying you got a cold so you aren't raptured?

And yes, sorry, manning up would mean whining and harping on lol. Just eat the lockets!

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
@Cheeky Yeah I heard Stella was unstable back in the day. An old timer told me some were even flat, and they still drank them anyway. [Big Grin] Egypt should have a flourishing beer and wine market. 10% of the country is Christian and that alone is a big market. Not to mention the millions of Muslim sinners [Big Grin] I don't know what it is, I mean Ethiopia which is poor as dirt has some very good local beer.

Totally chilling. Bought thai street food for dinner, my wife went from an Iphone to Nokia – iamsookwiththis.

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
quote:
Are you just saying you got a cold so you aren't raptured?

Ooh, ooh - do I get let off if I get a note from my mommee? Imagine, no queues at the supermarket, no parking tickets, no traffic jams. Could be kind of cool for a day or so. Or is the world itself supposed to end too? I'm not too read up on this stuff.
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Left my headphones in the ride. Begging my wife to get 'em. About to blast some music. [Big Grin] We're negotiating now..... My arguement is i don't want to be caught in the elevator with her student's families and obviously intoxicated. [Big Grin] Really....I don't want to go all the way down there. [Big Grin]
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Chick aint falling for it. I'm getting 'em. Damn!
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Exiiled.. ya lazy sod!

Monkey, today was the first I heard of it when I woke up to jokes all over my FB. Also my bro posted rapture by blondie and monkeys gone to heaven by the pixies. [Smile]

Been for mezzes today in a nice Egyptian Cafe in korba... VERY nice.

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
@Cheeky – mostly. But if the situation calls for it I Rise to the occasion! Ahahaha [Big Grin]

Damn, thai dude gave me shrimp fried rice with pork slices. And people wonder why I'm all so specific. Too pungent can't eat it.

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
[Big Grin] Do they have monkeys in heaven?

[don't answer VW, it was rhetorical]

I tried the Chinese in Nuweiba last time. There was nothing Chinese about it. I think it was code for "we sell pork". It was sooooo bad. You walked in and it smelt like barbecued pig, it just took your breath away. Not to say I don't eat bacon and what not but I'm not a huge fan of regular pork, but this just smelt awful. I had a prawn and noodle thing and it was just weird - the noodles were like italian pasta. Spring rolls were ok though.

Thinking about whether to go for that bigmac... Have headache now... dying [Frown]

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Curry. Chinese, blow your head off curry. That's what I need.
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Monkey I thought I was at a dilemma. [Big Grin] BTW have nothing against people who eat pork. I mean that with all sincerity. I actually eat at non-halal places sometimes, something that is a no-no to some muslims. Actually chilling at such a place earlier is what got me in this predicament.

Curry is cool for you, but I'm in curry land. So you're going to order in or make your own. I'm currently defrosting mussels, planning to saute onions and garlic with olive oil add mussles and add them to yellow rice I found in the fridge. Something like that - not sure may look at recipe online - i want flavor. If I had noodles it would have been better. Not in mood or condition to drive so I'm making do with what I have.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I'm from a few miles out of the 'Balti Belt' so I adore curry, I have a friend who left Cairo to go live in India, his food updates make my mouth water.

I am not a fan of chinese food at all. I have only been to one restaurant in the UK and I was repulsed and one here which was possibly the worst food I have ever seen or tasted!!!

As for pork, I don't mind sausage and I can eat bacon if I have cooked it but I would never eat a pork dinner ... we can get pork here easily but I never buy it, it is way too salty for me.

In fact a lot of food here in general is too salty for me, hence I cook a lot for myself...

Yes, Monkeys do go to heaven... [Big Grin]

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
I'm from a few miles out of the 'Balti Belt' so I adore curry, I have a friend who left Cairo to go live in India, his food updates make my mouth water.

I am not a fan of chinese food at all. I have only been to one restaurant in the UK and I was repulsed and one here which was possibly the worst food I have ever seen or tasted!!!

As for pork, I don't mind sausage and I can eat bacon if I have cooked it but I would never eat a pork dinner ... we can get pork here easily but I never buy it, it is way too salty for me.

In fact a lot of food here in general is too salty for me, hence I cook a lot for myself...

Yes, Monkeys do go to heaven... [Big Grin]

@Cheeky You had very limited experience with Chinese food. It's an awesome cuisine 5000 dishes, even if you love 1% that's like 50 dishes you'll love. I'll post a very simple and delicious recipe to wet your appetite -not now-hehehehe. You're gonna get hooked. [Smile]

I agree Monkeys do go to heaven and hopefully thee monkey is feeling better. :-)

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Save your effort dude... I cannot abide the taste of anything I have ever tried. I cannot even eat the chips that are made in a chinese, the tase is just awful!!!
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
@Cheeky - Hey can't argue with taste buds. Probably the soy sauce is the turn off.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My dish is 90% ready, all that needs to be done is mixing the mussel sauce I made with yellow rice and heating 'em together. Still have few more beers to finish though. [Big Grin]

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Yep, worked a treat ta [Smile]

Cheeky, have you tried Thai? You get some crap stuff in the bars but real Thai is lush. Really fresh and clean flavours - I love it.

If it were me with the mussels reckon I'd boil some chicken stock with lemon grass and ginger for about 20 minutes. Strain and set to one side. Fry some chilli flakes and garlic in sunflower oil for a few seconds, saute the onion (if you use olive oil the onion won't brown), add the chicken stock and bring to the boil. If you have any kaffir lime leaves chuck a couple in. Drop in some glass noodles, chopped corriander, and a dash of lime juice. Add some sweetcorn, peas, diced mushroom, mange tout, asparagus - whatever you've got to hand. Then drop in the mussels at the last second. It's good stuff - works with chicken and prawns too. You can add a few drops of fish sauce but I don't like it.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Thai curry yes... but never a first choice.

You are rigt Exiiled... it is just my taste buds and no matter how many dishes I have tried they all have the same nasty taste.

Monkey, that meal sounds way better than a bigmac [Big Grin]

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Yeah but not quite so convenient... Curry was goooooood though.

Maybe it's the MSGs you don't like. Some places do go loopy with them.

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Monkey:
Yep, worked a treat ta [Smile]

Cheeky, have you tried Thai? You get some crap stuff in the bars but real Thai is lush. Really fresh and clean flavours - I love it.

If it were me with the mussels reckon I'd boil some chicken stock with lemon grass and ginger for about 20 minutes. Strain and set to one side. Fry some chilli flakes and garlic in sunflower oil for a few seconds, saute the onion (if you use olive oil the onion won't brown), add the chicken stock and bring to the boil. If you have any kaffir lime leaves chuck a couple in. Drop in some glass noodles, chopped corriander, and a dash of lime juice. Add some sweetcorn, peas, diced mushroom, mange tout, asparagus - whatever you've got to hand. Then drop in the mussels at the last second. It's good stuff - works with chicken and prawns too. You can add a few drops of fish sauce but I don't like it.

Aren't we the monday morning quarterback [Razz] (game played sunday) [Big Grin] Where was this delicious recipe an hour ago. Sounds like a great recipe, and will try it sometime. Kaffir lime leaves and lemongrass are fresh and easily available here.
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Monkey:
Yeah but not quite so convenient... Curry was goooooood though.

Maybe it's the MSGs you don't like. Some places do go loopy with them.

I think it is the MSGs...

Well, i just sat and scoffed some smartie ice cream and am seriously thinking of opening the mint areo ice cream tub as well [Big Grin]

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Slept 6 hours, awoke for 2 and went back to sleep for another 5. Feeling totally rested. Going to drive down with the chick to Petaling Jaya, a neighboring city. Proximity wise, it's the equivalent of Giza/Cairo. Hang out there for a bit and watch TV shows all night long. That's my plan for Sunday. Could definitely use an ice coffee now.
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wondering why i wake up so early on my days off....gggrrrrrrrrrrrrr [Mad]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sponge
Member # 18715

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sponge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A weekend of overtime... roll on next weekend... more overtime but days off either side.

Time to bottom the college work!!

Posts: 171 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
A successful day out and about... I think I had Tourettes at one point... man alive I hate shmucks who say stupid things in my ear... that THEY think are smart or sexy... which we all know are sleazy, generic and generally make my skin crawl!!!

Anyhoo, one guy got a mouthful of abuse from me and I flicked the bird in his face too [Big Grin] But if anyone does wanna go home with him to f**k I can get you his number next time lmfao!!! EEEK

Other than that, lovely weather today and a nice atmostphere around here. Anyone passing down Mirghany will see the kids out painting the tram station platforms... not so sure where revolution pictures turns into graffiti but the kids are having a great time. [Big Grin]

Gonna eat scran then my mission for the afternoon, clean my balcony [Frown] Possibly the most vile job ever!!!!

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
@Micky because the anticipation of a day off gets the better of you. [Big Grin]

Getting TV show line-up ready. Don't know how many I'll watch. The way I'm feeling think It'll be an early night. Don't matter, enjoyed the drive earlier and the few hours that I've been up.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
GET IN

Birmingham City have been relegated... YEEEEES

And yes, I was backing Wolves, as my beautiful nephew is a Wolves fan [Smile] So double YEEEES

What an afternoon, to any football fans who listened to survival Sunday I have NEVER known things change so much in one afternoon!!! I am tired from just listening!

I am one seriously happy ferret... my team PRIDE OF THE MIDLANDS.

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had a lovely day in the Fayoum, went with a couple of friends to a restaurant overlooking Lake Qarun and had freshly caught fish. Came back and got delicious icecream from a place near their home.
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Exiiled:
@Micky because the anticipation of a day off gets the better of you. [Big Grin]

Getting TV show line-up ready. Don't know how many I'll watch. The way I'm feeling think It'll be an early night. Don't matter, enjoyed the drive earlier and the few hours that I've been up.

i guess...but its all good , after my first coffee , i was glad i got up early, got alot done [Razz] [Wink]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dubai Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been to a 4th birthday party, head is still ringing from all the screeching! Came home and me and hubby decided to take the dog and the baby out for a walk as it's a lovely evening and sun is shining til at least 9pm at this time of year. We live in a fairly rural area and we were walking down a narrow country lane when suddenly a random escaped horse came charging towards us, had to push the baby's pushchair into some long grass nettley stuff to move her out of the way of the crazy horse. Scary stuff!

All this talk of food is making my mouth water. Exiled I am a big chinese food fan. I love food from other countries and trying new stuff. My husband makes the most amazing fried rice. Normally Saturday is our day for tyring something different. I love the BBC Good Food website for finding recipes. Yesterday hubby made these amazing chicken kebabs which were marinated in soy sauce, honey and orange juice and in between the chicken pieces we speared them with vine ripened cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and peppers. We had it with rice and salad. It was amazing. One of the things I miss about living in a big city is that I don't get the opportunity to eat many cuisines. We used to eat a lot a vietnamese and japanese restaurants in Dubai. There's nothing like that where I live now. Kebab Shops are just not quite the same!

Posts: 500 | From: United Arab Emirates | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Healthy day... fruit for brekkie, fruit for dinner and about 70 mins walking with me water bottle! Starving and knackered now but feel much better [Big Grin] I needed to get rid of some energy!

I love walking on hot days... makes me feel like I am on holiday!!!

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
@Dubai Girl – it's great you have an Egyptian hubby making various non-Egyptian recipes. Many Egyptians are so content with the basic fare. Chinese cuisine is beyond awesome, and like you I love different cuisines. Today for brunch had malay (nasi lemak), and waiting for me is Indian and Thai food for dinner. It's a luxury living in asian country where the fushion of Chinese, Malay, Thai and Indian come together effortlessly. There's also the English bit there as well as it was a british colony. As far as food goes, cuisines go, this is a mecca that is second to none.

@Cheeky – healthy day [Smile] Eat and don't let the BS get to you. It's all about calorie deficit. You know this though. [Smile] So have a big healthy breakfast, healthy lunch and dinner but at the end of the day may sure it is a deficit and 100 calorie deficit at the end of the day is cool. Fruit are basically water and sugar and a few vitamins in between. Find out what your daily intake of calories should be, eat as much as you want and cardio your way to a deficit.

Had a lovely day. Nothing healthy about it at all. You could say I extended my Saturday and enjoying tiger beer. I slept so long it was incredible, slept like crazy long hours and to put it in perspective about 20 out of 30 hrs from sat night/sun morning. And even napped today. The week just caught upto me. All the activities, golf, bowling,badminton, swimming, x-box and especially cafes [Big Grin] took their toll. [Big Grin]

I started hanging out more and more around my hood. It's an awesome place. Really awesome, being so cosmopolitan/international can actually suck because it does suck away close community. Anyway been chilling at this joint lately. Drinking coffee, drinking beer, enjoying wifi, etc. Feeling totally comfortable. Today though I think the daughter of the owner of the place hit on me. I'm not 100% sure but maybe. So I looked at her, she looked too, sue me, flog me, take me out back and beat the shiit out of me. I thought she was the wife of the son who owns the place. Felt bad actually. So when he's carrying this little girl, I said your daughter, making polite confo. He says no, it's my sister's.

Long story short this little girl runs back and forth getting my attention. It's normal kids love me, I got the symmetry face, [Big Grin] it's welcoming to children. So I accommodate the little critter, I got nephews and nieces and I got facial skills. So anyway I start gathering my things, laptop, book, putting in my bag. And the chick and her daughter are right there near the entrance. So I looked down and told the little girl “good night” and her mom, said tell him good night as I walked away.

I like this place a lot. It's in my hood Open air.. Maybe I need to start wearing a ring. Maybe it's nothing. Just saying.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Flirting is fine. Flirting is good. I miss flirting somedays... here the guys I meet tell me the just wanna eff me and I don't flirt with guys here in case they assume I wanna eff them lol... I like to go to the UK and have some harmless fun. So Exiiled, no harm no foul eh [Smile]

I get dieting, it is quite easy, I just prefer the wrong kinda food [Frown] I am a cheese hound and I love my pasta and potatoes and stodge! So every now and then I do try to be healthy, as for the walking, I love that, especially while I get a good tan and have me ipod running.

Just watching Hot Fuzz... kinda humerous I guess, I don't get the whole big deal over it though.

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
I like that film [Smile]

Better than Run Fatboy Run. Didn't touch Shaun of the Dead though.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Yeah, Run Fatboy Run wasn't the best either. Shaun of the Dead is fab though.

The night the locals ran amock with knives and guns at the start of the rev we all thought 'stuff the curfew' we locked ourselves in a bar that we renamed 'The Winchester' for the evening. Lots of Shaun of the Dead jokes...

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Sounds... Yes, that sounds rather scary actually... Yeah, we brits do have a pretty dark sense of humour!

Making my special soup. Forgot the spring onions when I posted the recipe, oopsie. See this is why I don't post recipes - I never have them written down and only remember as I go along.

Watching made in Chelsea. Completely fake but I kinda like it [Smile]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I have a hot toddy to go to bed with as I have a ropey throat...

It was scary lol, but with the help of armed expats and beer I got home no probs, even had a laugh and joke on the way back to my apartment with a young lad that my friends knife was bigger than his. And yes, in the Crocodile Dundee styley [Big Grin]

I might take a look at Made in Chelsea, a few of my friends have said it is funny. I am going to get Miranda as well as I heard an interview on the Daily Bacon with her and she was very funny... so much to watch, so much time to watch it [Wink]

adelly
Member # 14574

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for adelly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a nice quiet day. Got all my housework finished. Spent time downloading more music to my new mobile, and chatting with a friend on yahoo. Now sitting close to the balcony in the reception enjoying the breeze.
Posts: 313 | From: maadi cairo | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
@Cheeky – Yes harmless flirting is fine. The dilemma is it's a place I started hanging out in. Not a passing by flirt. But I think I can avoid her but not being there in the later evening as that's the only time I saw her there.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Awake at sunrise and just in time for the first pitch of Yankee game. Want to take a little swim though, so may miss few innings. Need to determine the tempo of the game first. That's my morning plan.

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Umm did this thread just become a sticky, if so cool, but everything above has to go.

Anyway chilling. Was so lethargic earlier, took an antihistamine for my allergies. Anyway, slept all afternoon. So I'm back to my natural hours ....night... [Smile]

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Making the last gazillion genuine threads stickys so the spam is forced down - easier than keeping up with the spammer!
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  41  42  43  44  45   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com