EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » asian-arabic relationships

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: asian-arabic relationships
MrMoussaka
Member # 17647

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MrMoussaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egyptian women marrying Europeans and even Americans...well, I don't really find anything unusual about that. With Africans from further down south of the continent...hmm...maybe? A Sudanese boy mentioned to me once that he had come across some racism in Egypt. And then you have the Asian men...

I took it with a bit of humour when a couple of Lebanese women I've worked with pretty much said that they wouldn't touch Indian and Srilankan men with a 10-foot pole. I should have taken offence being Asian(Far East, rather than West) myself despite the well-known sleaze-bag behaviour of such men in work places, but I thought it sounded rather funny. I had some opportunities in the past with some women of Middle Eastern background, but I was too blind and distracted with other things at the time..and I was also young and irresponsible...(oopps)..

Another Sudanese fellow told me of Asian male workers marrying local girls in Khartoum. How about say, in Egypt? I guess there wouldn't be too many instances of this kind of cross-cultural relationship, no? After all, be it Egyptian or another Arabic brand, Arabs usually marry only with Arabs, yes? I was raised and educated to be more tolerant and understanding of other cultures here DownUnder, and so I don't hold it against Arabs(or Turks, or Persians..) if they like to keep relationships within their respective communities

I thought it was funny, but I also heard another man say,"Women and food are no different. Go for the exotic and spicy"...

I once mentioned to a Turk that I'd be willing to marry any of his women as well if compatability is there, and he told me that Turkish women generally marry only their men. I thought about that, and I thought...hmmm...

I may be confusing a little with this posting, but I have come across more than a few men of Middle Eastern background who had Asian lovers, but I've heard only one case of an Arabic(Lebanese) woman going nuts over an Asian man..interesting...but I've never ever come across an Arabic woman married to an Asian man. Perhaps, rather easy for Arabic men to be with who they will, but for their sisters, mothers, aunts, and other female relations and friends...maybe not?

Yes, I'm blabbin'... [Big Grin]

Posts: 62 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukez
Member # 16037

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
here in the states i used to work with an egyptian man (in fact i worked with all egyptians lol) and he was married to a great asian lady.
he died in a crash while visiting egypt.
so sad.

Posts: 221 | From: philly | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malimaz
Member # 17616

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for malimaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now a days whats good for the goose is good for the gander as they used to say....

More and more are seeking to marry out of their traditions or countries to seek better lives. Getting married for example here in Egypt is getting very difficult due to the economy and the requirements to marry here for Egyptian young men to Egyptian young girls.

And some are just outright getting greedy in my opinion!

Posts: 108 | From: Egypt | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrMoussaka
Member # 17647

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MrMoussaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's great that Egytian women/young girls are lately considering marriages outside of their traditions. However, I hope that both sides(both Egyptian, and nonEgyptian) will go out of their way to find out about the cultural backgrounds of the people they'll marry, as that may give the relationships involved a higher success rate for the future

Being from the poorer parts of the Far East originally, I'm quite familiar with the old story of a young and pretty girl(especially someone from a blue-collar[as opposed to that of white-collar] background) who'll marry any man just to get to the West. Whether from Asia, North Africa, or Middle East proper, or anywhere else, it is sad when that happens

Posts: 62 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malimaz
Member # 17616

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for malimaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure it is for any country very sad, that first we stereotype our classes or levels of life rather than looking at the future and compatibility of people and not to forget love but its a shame that they are forced or pushed to do so by economic circumstances.

I am married to an Egyptian and I am American of German heritage and I love the multicultural relationships but its not easy, unless both are very compromising and understanding and you must be willing to know each others cultures and traditions and religious requirements before marriage.

Posts: 108 | From: Egypt | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com