EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Egyptian compulsory

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egyptian compulsory
tp1986
Member # 18113

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tp1986     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband and I have been married for more than 2 years. We're both 24 and have recently finished college and are preparing for him to immigrate to the U.S. where I am currently residing. The only problem we have is the military. Next month, he will be finished with his military papers and will see if he has to join. I have been hearing that he does not have to go since he's married to a foreigner, but I have been reading other women who's husbands have went. He also says that he may be able to have the option of taking an postponement, because his father is over 60 and his brothers currently live outside ths country. I was wondering if there have been other women who's husbands have been exempted from the army because they're married to a foreigner?
Posts: 5 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tp1986
Member # 18113

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tp1986     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband just recently told me that they postponed his military until november 3rd. That's when he will have to go there and see if he has to join or not. Has anyone else had the same situation and their husbands were exempted? I would really appreciate a reply.
Posts: 5 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Husbands are NOT exempt for the reason of being married to a foreigner.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snow white
Member # 15647

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for snow white     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep that's true Ayisha is correct.... married to a foreigner or not they are still elligible for call up
Posts: 264 | From: wales | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sawni
Member # 17932

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sawni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, i know this must be a stressful time. My husband I were able to leave Egypt as he was still registed as a student, students get temp right to leave. He wasnt exempt from Miltary by being married, but was finally exempt by his British passport five years later. We just returned from a month in Egypt and he entered and left on his British Passport.
I am not sure if it's too late but could he re enrole in university and get a student clearance stamp on his passport, otherwise I think you will have to hope they dont take him.
i wish you well, i know it's really hard.

Posts: 8 | From: london | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tp1986
Member # 18113

Rate Member
Thank you all!
tp1986
Member # 18113

Rate Member
I have one more question. Is it possible for him to take a temporary postment or exemption since his father is over 60 years old and his brothers are living out of the country?
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
over 60 here they are still working and stil bearing kids, so I doubt that will help and if it does they will probably not let him leave the country anyway. To leave the country on a permanent basis he will have to have his papers from the Army saying either he has done his stint or they do not require him at all.

As far as I know anyway.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tp1986
Member # 18113

Rate Member
Today, my husband went to the military place in his hometown. He was supposed to have gone in October 15th, but it was postponed for November 3rd due to some elections. He had to get a physcial and so on. He's a graduate and they told him that they recommended him for officer. He was told that if he applied in this month, they would postpone his military service. He told me there was about 10,000 men there and they accepted about 95 percent of them to see if they have to join in December 1st. I was wondering, how likely is it for him to get a temporary postponement or exemption?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com