EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » 3 months to cool off for touching woman's butt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 3 months to cool off for touching woman's butt
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Issa Abdul Rahman, 24, policeman, testified before the prosecution that the accused has confessed before the police that he deliberately touched the woman’s butt after following her while she was shopping in the mall as he admired her beauty."

" The accused has blamed the devil for what he has done [Roll Eyes] and admitted guilt and asked for the woman’s forgiveness saying it was the first time he committed such a mistake in his life, the policeman testified."

http://www.emirates247.com/news/3-months-to-cool-off-for-touching-woman-s-butt-2010-10-11-1.302537

The Devil made him do this???? How about some self-control!!!

The verdict serves him right.

Seriously why isn't Egyptian law more up to date and it's easy for Egyptian women to come forward and admit they were sexually harassed without fearing any repercussions?

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The devil... the ultimate excuse! Yesterday I talked with a young woman, who recently worked on a school in Cairo. The school gave her an appartment in new Maadi, and she was the only foreign woman in the neighbourhood. She was not able to even go to the supermarket, just around the corner. Taxidriver closing the doors so she couldn't get out, men on the street, yelling, even grabbing her. Waiting by the doorstep so she couldn't escape...
It was horrible.The devil must be overrepresented in those area's. Why should it stay there? Many customers?

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Such a pity that this kind of thing is not taken more seriously.
A close relative of mine has worked very closely with convicted very serious sex offenders, [some killers] and almost to a man [!] they reported that they began with so-called trivial offenses, [stealing underwear, groping women on buses etc, suggestive gestures and so on]
It ain't normal behaviour!
In normal social interaction, in repressed cultures like here, or even in more liberated places it is unacceptable. I don't think this guy would have got away with it in the red light district of Amsterdam even.

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But the rates are sky-high! If they all would end as serious sex offenders, then Egypt would be a criminal country!!! It isn't normal behaviour indeed, but first you should have to find out the reason why. Why do so many men misbehave themselves, or why does the devil make them do that? [Wink]

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the fact that Egypt is still behind the times in terms of respect for women and the quaint old fashioned 'snigger factor' regarding offenses like this simply reinforces the idea that it is a natural way of behaving in public, with strangers.

I bet if we polled the ladies on here asking if any of them have had a difficult incident here in Egypt; [and whether this has happened in their own country] many of us have at least been made to feel uncomfortable, or worse.
Two or three years from now, will someone on here be asking 'How many people do you know who've been raped?'
And how many news articles will be seeking to excuse deviant behaviour with the old rubbish about 'poor guys can't afford to get married ...'
Who the hell would WANT to marry a pervert anyway?

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Gallup Centre for Muslim Studies has researched a number of fields in : "What Muslims think".
http://www.gallup.com/se/127907/Gallup-Center-Muslim-Studies.aspx
I just finished is, and to be honest, it isn't exactly something that gives hope!

--------------------

Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Questionmarks:
Gallup Centre for Muslim Studies has researched a number of fields in : "What Muslims think".
http://www.gallup.com/se/127907/Gallup-Center-Muslim-Studies.aspx
I just finished is, and to be honest, it isn't exactly something that gives hope!

I did a quick glance over the pages and personally I didn't find anything all that "distressing" as you seem to feel. Care to point out what exactly were the findings you found, that brought you to the conclusion "it isn't exactly something that gives hope! ".
Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
It's a whole book! Translated and published in Dutch, by the way. What doesn't give hope is that the way the western world thinks about (women's) rights,about democracy, are not considered as something positive in the muslim world. Majority of Muslims wants the sharia as a law, for example. Majority of women doesn't want independancy like we know it. And majority of people doesn't appreciate our behaviour.

--------------------

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Harassmap Lets Egyptian Women Report Sexual Harassment via Text, Twitter

http://www.switched.com/2010/10/25/harassmap-egyptian-women-report-sexual-harassment-via-text/

http://blog.harassmap.org/

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=113898491996597&v=info&ref=ts

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Oooh TL, that is a good idea isn't it?
Even if girls are still scared to tell police or others it will maybe give a clearer idea of what a big problem this is becoming.
And Boy, is it bad for the tourism business!!!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com