EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Season of Goodwill (well maybe not!)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Season of Goodwill (well maybe not!)
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just thought I'd share this gem from this morning. Opened the door to find a paperboy standing there. He informed me that there had been a mix up with the papers, something to do with the delivery van being late [Confused] I said that there had a problem last Sunday too, turns out the poor wee soul had fallen on the ice [Frown]
Anyway end up on my hands and knees sorting his papers out, papers without magazines, magazines without papers and in my case no magazines and virtually no paper (well nothing between page 28 and page 61 to be exact!) It was at this point he informed me : "I hate this job, I'm jacking it in after Christmas once I've got my Christmas tips". No Christmas card signed your paperboy/girl at the end of November as a gentle reminder for him then as is customary! Clearly decided to go with brutal honesty, he'll go far I'm sure [Big Grin]
The post script to this was I phoned the newsagent to let them know to deduct the paper off my bill and was informed that last Sunday was his first day [Eek!]

Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its great that you helped him young at heart, not many people would.

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/marydotapple

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com