EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » HELP............. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: HELP.............
JessRobinson
Member # 18612

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JessRobinson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All advice has been taken!! I think i was a little over dramatic with my first post, Yes there are feeling there for him and yes it has got the ball rolling for me to get my ass out to Egypt but i'm not going just to see him, i'm going for the experience and my love of Egypt! I am lucky in the fact that my boss is open to me travelling for as long as i want and i will always have a job when i come back [Smile] (I'm a support worker) i'm not going to meet his family and get married, the 'old for gold young for fun' is fine with me... :-P take things slowly and see where life takes me..
Posts: 31 | From: England | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Top chick! [Big Grin]

And ya know what, there are many women in their 30's, 40's, 50's and 60's travelling to amd from Egypt for a little fun so why the hell shouldn't you [Big Grin]

I hope you have a great trip over and that you get to travel around and have some fun... ffs, you are only 20 and you have an eternity ahead of you [Big Grin]

Jealous ferret!

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JessRobinson:
All advice has been taken!! I think i was a little over dramatic with my first post, Yes there are feeling there for him and yes it has got the ball rolling for me to get my ass out to Egypt but i'm not going just to see him, i'm going for the experience and my love of Egypt! I am lucky in the fact that my boss is open to me travelling for as long as i want and i will always have a job when i come back [Smile] (I'm a support worker) i'm not going to meet his family and get married, the 'old for gold young for fun' is fine with me... :-P take things slowly and see where life takes me..

Great Jess, that sounds much more down to earth!! hope you enjoy Egypt, Sharm is just 'Toy Town' hope you can travel and see the real parts of the country. Lucky girl with your boss being so flexible.

Best advice I can give you is to learn some basics of the arabic language to get by on. Your young man can help with that.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, I agree with Pennny there, a little Arabic sure helps. Especially if you leave Sharm and travel...

A friend said to me last year after visiting Sharm... 'Sharm was like visiting England and spending a fornight in Center Parks'... [Wink]

I too hope you get to see real Egypt.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JessRobinson
Member # 18612

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JessRobinson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I already have the basics covered, Shukran, La' Aywa, habibi [Razz] afwan etc etc (spelling probably not correct) and a few rude words... I'm sure i will travel around as i have not even seen a pyramid in all the times i've been to Egypt.... 97 days and counting to go [Smile]
Posts: 31 | From: England | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
I remember WK... I think there was one horror who actually referred to you as a child if memory serves. She implied that people know nothing at that age and therefore you should give up on your dude as it was a whim etc etc BLEUGH....

And you travelled back and forth a lot to be fair. And you now are married with a child in the UK. Proof in that lil pudding eh.

Ahh the poster was also shocked that my parents would allow me to travel alone- travelling at 21 without mummy and daddy, surely not!
Well I'm now the grand old age of 24- am I allowed to travel alone yet and have an opinion? [Smile]

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JessRobinson
Member # 18612

Rate Member
Hey guys can anyone help me with what visa i need? I've been trying to find out but can't find much. Theres bits and pieces about it on Sharmwomen forum but nothing solid. We will need working visas as we are going to try and find jobs, Our plan is to be there for 2 months to start off with but with the possibility of staying longer?
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
You cannot get a work visa without having a job in place first.

'Foreigners who wish to come to Egypt for work must obtain a work permit and work/business visa before arrival. Foreigners can acquire a work permit from the Ministry of Manpower and Immigration offices in the district of the employer, and accordingly are authorized residency in the country. Work permits must be obtained through the employer. Foreigners who arrive as tourists but want to change their status after arrival in country are allowed a three-month tourist/non-working residency visa to change their status from tourist to work. Foreigners in Egypt on tourist visas are not permitted to work. Proof of yellow fever immunization is required if arriving from an infected area.'

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hey guys can anyone help me with what visa i need? I've been trying to find out but can't find much. Theres bits and pieces about it on Sharmwomen forum but nothing solid. We will need working visas as we are going to try and find jobs, Our plan is to be there for 2 months to start off with but with the possibility of staying longer?

When you arrive you get your visa as normal, soon after you need to find 'the passport office' in sharm or go to Cairo Magomma and get that updated to a 1 year visa, do not tell them at that point you want to work (I think). Also get a 're-entry' visa which will allow you to leave and come back within 6 months.
When you get a job your employer has to apply for your work visa and pay for it. Bring with you any certificates and docs of previous qualifications as these accompany the application.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There isn't a passport office in Sharm you would have to go to EL Tour which is about 1 1/2 hours away by taxi so quite expensive. It's alot of hanging around so why not sort it out in the UK before you go.

http://www.egyptianconsulate.co.uk/Visas.php

Forget trying to get work permits if you are just staying for 2 months its not going to happen in that time span. IF? you find any work it will just be on a 'casual basis '

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercalafragalistic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
defo agree with penny, I got a visa before I went out, its a longer one so you don't have to worry about extending it for a while. My boss drove his employees to El Tour to get the renewal. I worked doing animation in a hotel, they weren't bothered about us having a working visa and prob wouldn't want the hassle of sorting one out.
Posts: 1248 | From: my sex is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Mogamma is no longer giving 1 year visas either, 6 months max. I hear Nozha office is but their rules have changed too and only new visa applicants or existing Nozha visa holders are accepted. Re-entry cannot be gotten in nozha office.
JessRobinson
Member # 18612

Rate Member
Just noticed it says 'Fee Exempt(Visa must still be obtained)' for people from South Africa... I was born in South Africa and still have a valid passport, would it make any difference if i enter with my South African Passport or British?
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
quote:
Just noticed it says 'Fee Exempt(Visa must still be obtained)' for people from South Africa... I was born in South Africa and still have a valid passport, would it make any difference if i enter with my South African Passport or British?

Can't think of any so long as you have at least 6 months on the SA passport. Lucky you [Smile]
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yawn...... go there, shag the guy and see where it's going. Take enough money with you though so you won't have to start a serious "HELP......" thread on ES.

Happy holidays!!!!!!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Jess, ignore the bike, not everyone has yo yo knickers! Clearly that is what she would do!!!

Vile woman!

Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercalafragalistic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tl you forgot to say get Orfi'd first!!!! they'll be banging your door down in delta if you don't show your marriage papers (personal experience) ha

Jess you'll have a blast! I hope you keep us updated. I wish I'd planned my trip out there more like you are. I'm sure it'll be fab and an experience you'll always remember x

Posts: 1248 | From: my sex is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jess, don't take it personally. Someone discovered the S word a little while back and is enthusiastic to fling it around at any and every opportunity.

Just because one is doing the whole Sound of Music bit, doesn't make one a nun [Wink] Tigerlily - you had Egyptian boyfriend once, right? I don't recall anyone prying about your sex life. Who cares??

Good luck Jess. I'm sure you'll have a blast whatever [Smile]

Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sponge
Member # 18715

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sponge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jess, I'm so jealous... take me with you!!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 171 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tigerlily_misr:
Yawn...... go there, shag the guy and see where it's going. Take enough money with you though so you won't have to start a serious "HELP......" thread on ES.

Happy holidays!!!!!!

You are never happy for anyone?

Are you jeaslous or something ?

You are one nasty person!!!

You have problems big time.

sort your issues out as soon as possible!!!

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JessRobinson
Member # 18612

Rate Member
Haha thanks everyone for the support, help and guidance :-) much appreciated. I will make sure I keep you updated on my travels x
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com