EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Diana’s greatest legacy... William married for love

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Diana’s greatest legacy... William married for love
vwwvv
Member # 18359

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for vwwvv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Diana’s greatest legacy... William married for loveBy Rosa Monckton
Last updated at 1:06 AM on 1st May 2011

I watched the wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton with tears of happiness for them, and for their very evident love for each other, but also tears of regret that Diana was not there to bear witness to this love. William powerfully reminded us of his mother’s eternal presence by giving Catherine his mother’s sapphire engagement ring.
It was also lovely that Carole Middleton wore a Catherine Walker dress: Catherine, my neighbour in Sussex, who died last year, was Diana’s favourite designer, and is much missed by all her friends, as well as the world of fashion.
However, for me the most moving moment was seeing Prince William and Prince Harry leaving Clarence House together to go to Westminster Abbey. Their role as Princes means that, in a certain way, they belong to the nation, yet they are also Diana’s gift to us. How very, very proud she would have been of them, of their achievements and their obviously unbreakable bond with each other.
Their love for each other was evident, but there were tears of regret that Diana was not there to bear witness to this love
She already saw how strong and precious that bond was, but that did not prevent her from worrying about them constantly, especially when they were apart.
So on the trip around the Greek islands I went on with Diana ten days before her death, I took her to a small Greek Orthodox church where we lit candles for her two boys and my two girls – she was also godmother to my daughter Domenica.
Although Diana was not a religious person in any conventional sense, she understood the intimate connection between faith and William’s future role – a link that the service in Westminster Abbey highlighted in much more magnificent surroundings.
William powerfully reminded us of his mother¿s eternal presence by giving Catherine his mother¿s sapphire engagement ring
Diana fought hard to give her sons as normal a life as it was possible for them to have within the constraints of their position. She did not want either of them to feel as trapped as she did, and particularly wanted William to be strong enough to bear the burden of kingship. She expected him to be in touch with his future subjects, to understand the day-to-day realities of their lives, and to be in a position truly to understand those realities, rather than merely to observe them from afar.
It is something that she often talked about with me, and she made it her business to steer them along a common path of empathy with the most vulnerable and troubled in society. Her own painful feelings of inadequacy gave her an intuitive understanding of others’ plight.
This link to Diana’s passion for such work could perhaps best be seen in the presence in Westminster Abbey of a group from Centrepoint, the charity for the homeless, to which Diana introduced William, and of which he is now Patron.
The extraordinary relationship that Diana had with both of her sons shows the immense, transforming power of love. It is an absolute credit to her that William was able to marry Catherine. He did not feel that he needed to marry into the aristocracy – although he would have been aware of the insistent murmurings in the Palaces until relatively recently that the vigorously entrepreneurial Middletons were not the sort of family that befitted dynastic union with the House of Windsor.
William was secure enough in himself to be able to marry for love, and that is Diana’s greatest legacy.
Thorpe Park: Diana fought hard to give her sons as normal a life as it was possible for them to have within the constraints of their position
Love: Diana's evident love for Princes William and Harry has become her greatest legacy
Despite the unhappiness of her own marriage, she was a great believer in the redemptive power of romantic love, and I am sure every mother in the land who has watched the courtship of William and Catherine, in all its passion and ordinariness, would have shed a tear for a mother not there to witness her son’s obvious happiness.
Diana was impulsive – she had a whim of iron – but William has inherited his father’s deep thoughtfulness. So often people make the best decisions based on the most bitter experience; seeing the pain his parents went through has given him a rare wisdom.
Diana met Prince Charles only a handful of times before they married. They did not know or understand each other. How delighted she would have been at the length, stamina and fidelity of her son’s courtship. He and Catherine have been together for a decade, and the time they had together at St Andrews, before anybody was aware of their relationship, is the most precious foundation to a joint life that will have to be lived in the spotlight.
Somehow, Diana’s own unhappiness has helped to give her son both the capacity and the opportunity for great love.
Phoenix-like, a great joy has risen from the still-glowing ashes of Diana’s experience, and it has transformed the future for her son, our future King, and our nation’s history.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1382367/Diana-s-greatest-legacy-William-married-love.html#ixzz1L5IL2hsa

Posts: 1365 | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukez
Member # 16037

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
omg i cant believe how lovelt catherine looked....i dont think i have ever seen a more beautiful bride in my life....and that dress was to die for! thats my favorite veil too...simple and draping...the way she looked as it blew in the wind had tears in my eyes! i secretely watch the wedding over and over on comcast 'on demand' [Wink] that lucky lucky girl!!!
Posts: 221 | From: philly | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone posted this on Twitter, cute hm???

http://yfrog.com/z/h7nsgkjj

[Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com