EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Marriage in Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Marriage in Egypt
She_Bittersweet
Member # 15743

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for She_Bittersweet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have this problem and I hope you can help me out. Im flying to egypt on 16th of July and me and my fiance are planning to get married on 18th, is it realistic? Obviously im not Egyptian, im Lithuanian so the whole procedure might be different, right? Also i was wondering, could be have islamic wedding first? the nikah i mean and then the legal paperwork?

I would really appreciate your help

Posts: 27 | From: England | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Life is a journey
Member # 17655

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Life is a journey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unlikely in that time frame, pretty sure wereever you come from u would need to produce non- impediment certificate at the moj and that takes a couple of days x

--------------------
CAIRO

Posts: 88 | From: Uk | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
She_Bittersweet
Member # 15743

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for She_Bittersweet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And you cant have like islamic wedding in the mosque? and then register it at MOJ or you can?
Posts: 27 | From: England | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by She_Bittersweet:
And you cant have like islamic wedding in the mosque? and then register it at MOJ or you can?

why would Muslims get married at a mosque?
Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
She_Bittersweet
Member # 15743

Rate Member
Im asking, no need to be sarcastic here.
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why is it a problem its realistic enough.

Just go there and marry him if this is your plan.

Don't worry about anything, let him do the worrying.

Good luck.

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/marydotapple

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monalisa-24
Member # 18981

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monalisa-24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, She_Bittersweet

i will just speak from experince, i got married last month in Cairo. firts i went to the Britsh Embasy to get the Cirterficant that i am able to get married. That was on Tuesday, we were quite lucky becuase we collect it On Wednesday at 10.30am, then we went to the Minstery of justice to get married,

by the Way you will not have an Islamic Ceromony (Nikah) becuase you are a forginer, i did not even through i would have loved to as I am Muslim as well. The marrige took place in the Mister Of Justice nothign fancy, actually it was very dull!!
then we went to another building and we did quite running around to get approved by some department i was just follwoing my husband.

that all your part, he will have to do the rest, in terms of transelating the papaers.
My hsuband will be having his interview
next week,

I wish you all the best

take care

Good luck.

Posts: 5 | From: UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YaekoCubr1501
Member # 18987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for YaekoCubr1501     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Getting married in Egypt as a foreigner is quite difficult. We can say that the doors are closed for marriage for foreigner. For foreigner require a valid passport,all documents should be translated into an Arabic, should have a Male witness.There is no residency requirement.

--------------------
parcel carrier
parcel freight

Posts: 1 | From: 5487 N Milwaukee Ave, Chicago, IL 60630 | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adelly
Member # 14574

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for adelly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The documents do not have to be translated to arabic. I needed passport with copies, two photographs, letter from embassy says im free to marry, copy divorce paper, and current visa. My husband needed current id with copies, and two photos. Also 50 le marriage stamp from post office. The two male witnesses with current id also.
Posts: 313 | From: maadi cairo | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com