EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » where and what papers does an english person need to marry an egyption national

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: where and what papers does an english person need to marry an egyption national
k1234
Member # 18887

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for k1234     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please could any one confirm what papers you need from the Uk to marry an egyption national in cairo and where do you get the relevant papers, i have been told its in London but not sure where and can it be done by post or do you have to go to London, or can it be done closer to where you live?
Posts: 4 | From: london | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
British Embassy website has all the up to date details

If you are divorced you need to get your divorce papers stamped by the foreign and commonwelth office before you come

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dubai Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you haven't been married before you don't need any papers. I am british and when I got married in Cairo I didn't need anything, you just go to the British Embassy in Cairo, tell them what you want to do and then go and get married. You will need to have a few days to make sure you get it all done properly, I remember there is a lot of running around having papers translated and getting stamps put on things. Best bet to check the website as Akshar said.Good luck!
Posts: 500 | From: United Arab Emirates | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monalisa-24
Member # 18981

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monalisa-24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,i have to warrn you that you will be very tired after completing all the papers, and dont be superise if your husband paid pribe to someone stading infront the offices offering to finsh all the relavent papers form the relavent departemnt, i was shocked and i asid to my husband why? its wrong, and he replied if you want to get your flight on time we have to pay, this how egypt work?

i do wish you the very best and one advice wear good shoes becuase you will be so tired and your feet will hurt? take care when crossing the mad traffic, i am still horrified when crossing the roads in cairo!!

all the best?

i am new here, would someone tell me how can i post a new topic?

thank you vey much

Posts: 5 | From: UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't bother at the moment because we have a major spam problem and new topics will get lost in the morass. I have just spent several hours deleting the spam posts but he is here and posting every few minutes.

You are best off hijacking another thread as you have done here!

Actually i might make a new sticky for new questions until the spammer goes away somehow!

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com