EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Military Service

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Military Service
hurghadasmydream
Member # 18857

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurghadasmydream     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I am new to this forum and I'm still searching through it from the beginning so forgive me if this has been discussed before. I am still only reading posts from 2006!! My Egyptian b/f is 26, he has brothers aged 23, 29 and 32. None of them have ever been in the army and I can't understand why as I thought military service was compulsory in Egypt. Can anyone explain as to why they haven't been called up. Many thanks for any information received [Confused]
Posts: 2 | From: UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it is compulsory but they pick and choose who they want and when they want them. Just because they haven't been yet doesn't mean they wont.

This forum is over run by spammers, there is a new forum www.egyptalk.com where most have gone to.

Sadly you joined at the end of a great forum, sad to see it like this but no sense in trying to fight spammers in the amounts they are here if the owners don't give a toss. There IS however loads of info on here, IF you can find it, although old stuff may not be up to date now.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hurghadasmydream
Member # 18857

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurghadasmydream     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ayisha, thanks for your reply, so he may still get called up at the age of 26. I will keep working my way through all the posts, like you said there's a lot of info in here. Thanks again
Posts: 2 | From: UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com