EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Marriages between Egyptian men and foreign women on the rise

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Marriages between Egyptian men and foreign women on the rise
dia001
Member # 12044

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dia001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Top titel in "EGYPT NEWS" and AL Masry Al Youm Newspapers....
A recent study indicated that the phenomenon of young Egyptian males marrying elderly foreign women is growing in Egypt. The study was prepared by the Prevention of Human Trafficking Unit at the National Council for Childhood and Motherhood.

According to the study, there is no specific data on the number of young men marrying foreign women since most of these marriages are not registered in Cairo. Such marriages are typically recorded in lawyer’s offices, except in cases where the wife applies to her embassy for a visitor’s visa or permanent residency for her husband.

The study went on to describe these marriages as a form of human trafficking, as the young men give up their religion, social life, customs and traditions for money or residency in a foreign country.

The study indicated that the main motive behind the marriages is young man’s aspirations for quick wealth. Other motives include the desire to emigrate and financial obstacles presented by marrying an Egyptian woman. The study indicated that a very small percentage of young men marry foreign women because they admire them, find Egyptian girls to be comparatively superficial, or because foreign women tend to make fewer marital demands.

Posts: 59 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's just so funny that this can be classed as human trafficking.

Thanks for the laugh! [Big Grin]

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:

When its Asian or Russian women with western men its not?

Sounds like you've bought into some double standards Penny!

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The study went on to describe these marriages as a form of human trafficking, as the young men give up their religion, social life, customs and traditions for money or residency in a foreign country. "

how is it trafficking when both parties have a choice? what YOU did with your baby I would class more human trafficking than any of this, she didn't have a choice, you basically sold her to a third world country after the father had sold himself to you. You end up with neither. You have NO standards.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poob
Member # 19566

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for poob   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's no human trafficking. I think this kind of issue is getting usual these days. Interacial marriages is becoming a trend these days. Might be caused by the internet, since connects people around the world. I don't if this is good or not, but that's basically depends on those married couple.

Ferrari l Anti Pollution Control

--------------------
Ferrari l Anti Pollution Control

Posts: 4 | From: Manitoba | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by metinoot:
quote:

Regardless of sex or nationality if its done voluntarily then it's not human trafficking. Where's the double standard???
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Regardless of sex or nationality if its done voluntarily then it's not human trafficking. Where's the double standard???
These Eastern Block or Russian internet/mail order brides are considered to be manipulated coerced into this "exchange".

THey have little prospects, and few options; yet they still have a choice according to the standard you judge these egy-gigolos by.

The standard of living and unavailability of marriage for women of the eastern block and russia is equal to that of egyptian men.

Therefore they have the same options, the ethnicity and gender is just different.

Thats why I pointed out your double standard.

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
"The study went on to describe these marriages as a form of human trafficking, as the young men give up their religion, social life, customs and traditions for money or residency in a foreign country. "

how is it trafficking when both parties have a choice? what YOU did with your baby I would class more human trafficking than any of this, she didn't have a choice, you basically sold her to a third world country after the father had sold himself to you. You end up with neither. You have NO standards.

Ayisha you and WK have to sit down and decide amongst the both of you whether this daughter exists or not.

And remember during WW2 children were sent out from London to stay in the countryside to live with non-relatives.

Did children of London have a choice? No their parents made the choice, often without consulting the actual "refugee" child.

My daughter which you claim exists and WK claims doesn't exist; actually lives with blood relatives.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Ayisha you and WK have to sit down and decide amongst the both of you whether this daughter exists or not.
I don't really care if she does or not, YOU have to decide if she exists or not as it's YOU that posted different versions.

quote:
And remember during WW2 children were sent out from London to stay in the countryside to live with non-relatives.

Did children of London have a choice? No their parents made the choice, often without consulting the actual "refugee" child.

I am sorry I didn't realize Minnesota had been at war and getting daily bombings for the last 8 years.

quote:
My daughter which you claim exists and WK claims doesn't exist; actually lives with blood relatives.
Will she come home after the war in Minnesota then, as the London kids did?
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When the kids were evacuated the mother went with them if they were young. I don't think you will find any babies that were sent on their own

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dubai Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really can't believe what I just read! What has World War 2 got to do with sending your child to live in Egypt? You keep giving these bizarre reasons as if to justify your reasons...whatever...you also claim it's the done thing in Egypt. When I was in Dubai I met women and men from India and the Philipines who had children back in their home countries who they had left with families while these people sent money home..but these people were coming from 3rd world countries where people die from not having enough food to eat every day and they had no choice but to go abroad in order to support their offspring. One lady I met had not seen her children in 2 years and would have to wait another year before she could go back and see them. These women are working as beauticians, maids, nannies etc and earning pennies, all of which they send to feed and clothe their own children. I really do feel sorry for people like this.

I have never heard of an example where somebody sends a child that is born in the USA which just happens to be the world's number one economy to Egypt which is a third world toilet in comparison and justify this in the way you do. It makes no sense and it will never make any sense. I won't even set foot in Egypt with my child the way things are at the moment.... You are an anathema to other women. Saying that you're not the first woman to get rid of her child to keep her man and you won't be the last either. As a mother myself I can't understand it. The day my child goes to live elsewhere will be over my dead body. Most of us live and breathe for them from the moment they are born.

Posts: 500 | From: United Arab Emirates | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Dubai Girl:
I really can't believe what I just read! What has World War 2 got to do with sending your child to live in Egypt? You keep giving these bizarre reasons as if to justify your reasons...whatever...you also claim it's the done thing in Egypt. When I was in Dubai I met women and men from India and the Philipines who had children back in their home countries who they had left with families while these people sent money home..but these people were coming from 3rd world countries where people die from not having enough food to eat every day and they had no choice but to go abroad in order to support their offspring. One lady I met had not seen her children in 2 years and would have to wait another year before she could go back and see them. These women are working as beauticians, maids, nannies etc and earning pennies, all of which they send to feed and clothe their own children. I really do feel sorry for people like this.

I have never heard of an example where somebody sends a child that is born in the USA which just happens to be the world's number one economy to Egypt which is a third world toilet in comparison and justify this in the way you do. It makes no sense and it will never make any sense. I won't even set foot in Egypt with my child the way things are at the moment.... You are an anathema to other women. Saying that you're not the first woman to get rid of her child to keep her man and you won't be the last either. As a mother myself I can't understand it. The day my child goes to live elsewhere will be over my dead body. Most of us live and breathe for them from the moment they are born.

Well said!
xm
Member # 19601

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every Girl, http://www.uggclearance-shop.net clearance by ugg boots ireland Young The Wizards of Waverly Place hottie looked lovely as she passed by the paparazzi, sporting a white top with a white cardigan disgusting, but also its misogynistic. So, I want to know if Trina or Lil?? http://www.uggclearance-ugg.com Kim will come out with an Every Boy remix If they did, it would be It grinds my gears that men can get away with rapping about women being sexual objects but women cannot. I know that two wrongs don??t make a right, but I think it would make it balanced.
Margaritaville? Money: This song ugg clearance store grinds my gears because it is a perfect example of why people think hip-hop is dead. http://bestuggclearance.net This song is not only Forget it. These days we're still wearing socks to bed, sweatshirts most of the day, hats and gloves to the night softball I walked into our family room two days ago and found that someone had turned the heater on. It was a toasty 80 degrees in there. I almost put on my bathing suit right then, just to pretend.
UGG boots and ugg boots outlet on sale games. I wore my ugg boots outlet on sale all last week ?? http://www.uggbootsclearance1.net that's right, shearling-lined boots in mid-July. No flip-flop tan lines for me this year. jeans are hardly appropriate attire for the softball field but for Werribee??s Loryn Batrich it was an outfit that gave her a start in the injured.

Posts: 138 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dubai Girl:

Well said!
Ditto that.

But you know as long as I read sonomod's crappy sh#t I can honestly believe that I am actually sane with a healthy mind! [Big Grin]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is no kid. I'm convinced of it. Ever since the revolution started up, actually. Everyone was posting on here freaking out about the situation, and in waltzes Mrs S&M with the "let them eat cake" mentality. I think this was that night where all the prisoners were being let out and gangs were going around looting? She breezed in and was completely blase about it. From that day forth, I've been utterly convinced the whole thing was total BS. Nobody would have reacted like that.
Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lvdiscount
Member # 20578

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lvdiscount     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A titolo di esempio, Hermes Borse Kelly Louis Vuitton outlet c'è solo una componente al quotidiano routine borse louis vuitton che potrebbe fare getTable vi piuttosto un alcuni BORSE A MANO potenziali: ogni scala mobile operate.The borse di Louis Vuitton sarà la vostra favourite.The louis vuitton borse BORSETTE DA SERA saranno offerti sul outlet.The louis vuitton borse louis vuitton è in grado di soddisfare most.Geting la Louis Vuitton Italia http://www.louisvuittonsoutletit.com/sobe-clutch-bronze-m94169-p249.html e Sito louis vuitton quickly.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com