EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Classifieds » Rent in Hurghada

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rent in Hurghada
Jacqueline1
Member # 4667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacqueline1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, I want to rent a flat in Hurghada. How much is rent there on average? Is it better to find a flat before I come or find it there? Is it possible to live there with no arabic and little English? What is the name of a good district? Is it possible to live there 1 year? How much is car rent? Thank you very much, if you answer my questions.
Posts: 6 | From: Philadelphia, PA, USA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elvira Rashad
Member # 4678

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elvira Rashad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi
Do you know anybody in Hurghada?By yourself it is not so easy because you have to be a bit carefull.Some people will use youe situation and take a lot of money from you for service.You can extand your visa monthly.The best area right now is Moubarek city close to the airport.How ,I mean wth what do you want to live here?

Posts: 2 | From: Hurghada,Egypt | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mimohaswan@hotmail.com
Member # 3799

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mimohaswan@hotmail.com     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi i can help you finding agood flat in hurgada,,pls contact me in my mail[mimohsaswan@hotmail.com]or msn
thank you

Posts: 17 | From: aswan/egypt | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moubarak is probably not the best place to live unless you own a car, as it is not really near the bus routes.
I have been living in Hadaba, which is on the hill above Sekala.
It is near enough to the town, but far enough to avoid noise.
For a 2 bedroom apartment with aircon and sattelite tv, expect to pay between 900 and 1800 Egyptian pounds.
I hope this has been useful to you.

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacqueline1
Member # 4667

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Jacqueline1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, guys.

Could you tell me where are Sekala and Hadaba exactly? Are they near Marriott hotel area? I would like to live in an area with walking distance from food markets and food stores and from the seashore. Is Hadaba that kind of area? Also is it necessary to have a car in Hurghada. Thank you for your help.

Posts: 6 | From: Philadelphia, PA, USA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jacqueline, its not necessary to have a car in Hurghada, as buses are approx. every 30 seconds, and very cheap.
Sekala is the centre of Hurghada, full of shops, hotels, supermarkets, etc.
Hadaba is the residential part of Sekala, I am in a really quiet residential street in Hadaba, and its just 5 minutes from Sekala.
i really would avoid mubarak, unless you are planning to have a car.
Cars, incidentally. are very expensive here.... an old banger is even way out of most peoples price range, so dont bother.. its not necessary.
When are u planning to come to Hurghada, and what do you plan to do when you get here??
As for 'no arabic', no problem. Most ppl speak at least a little English, and tou will pick up the language very quickly!!
Where are u from?
Best of luck!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacqueline1
Member # 4667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacqueline1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, Samia!

I am originally from Ukraine. I really want to come to Hurghada because I visited it once I liked it alot. I want to relax in that city for a while. I want to live in warm weather over the winter and swim in the Red Sea. Could you also tell me are there any public beaches near Hadaba that I can go to and how far are they? It is very important for me. Thank you.

MotherEgypt
Member # 3700

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MotherEgypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello there

i am Hurghada's Mayer
please ,,,send me an e mail with all of your questions and i will be glad to answer them
bigblue125@yahoo.com

Posts: 565 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Jaqueline.. there are many public beaches near hadaba... public beach no. 5 just opposite, and another very nice public beach near the roundabout in Sekala, both very nice.
You can walk into most hotels, and use their beaches too.. if you are stopped by a security guard..(VERY UNLIKELY!!) you just go to the next hotel!!
Be careful Jaqueline.... living here is not always a long holiday.... are you planning to work??
best of luck, Jaqueline!!!

Mother Egypt.... If you are mayor of Hurghada, why can u not spell MAYOR?
I didnt know Hurghada had one!

Jacqueline1
Member # 4667

Rate Member
Thanks Samia,

The guy (or girl) really spelled mayor wrong. Your reply was good. Why are you saying that Hurghada is dangerous? Is it boring there and it wont seem to be nice? I am not going to work there. I would say that I am escaping the "cold" to live in warmth. I have two little children and would like them to be near the sea with good environment around. Thank you for your replies, they are very helpful.

bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Jaqueline, I'm not saying that Hurghada is dangerous! Where did u get this idea from?
I can walk home with complete confidence at 2 am along dark unlit streets, and fear nothing!! Unlike London, where I am from!
Also.... here.... small children can walk the streets alone, with nothing to worry about, except maybe the cars, which often go too fast.
The vast majority of local people here are honest, genuine and friendly.
Also, being a muslim country, crime and violence here is very low, because repercussions are very serious. Not just in this life, but in the afterlife if you are a muslim.
Boring....well, it depends! i dont have time to be bored, I work every day, but I love my job! I am a scuba diving instructor.
The only thing I might say is... if you have small children, make sure you have an apartment with air conditioning. The weather here in the summer months is very VERY hot!! In winter, the sun still shines every day, but there is a very cold wind!
If you are planning to stay some years with your children,you need to think of their education too. There are a couple of very good schools, private, not cheap, but very good, I'm told!
Back to BORING.... well, maybe in winter, when you can't go to the beach every day. There's not a lot to do in the daytime with children.... coffee shops to meet friends, etc....
I hope this will help you decide.... I love Hurghada, but my situation is different to yours.

elysee
Member # 2037

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for elysee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Samia,

We're from London too, live near Hurghada. Can I email you? My address is ananda1@coldmail.nu

It would be nice to exchange local info.

Hope to hear from you.

Posts: 21 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Sure Elysee... my address is.... suewebbe@hotmail.com Always happy to hear from London expats!
Jacqueline1
Member # 4667

Rate Member
Thank you so much for your replies Samia. My last question I would like to ask you is about health care. Is there health insurance? How do hospitals work there and are they good? If my children get sick, will there be a proper treatment? Also, I wonder why did you leave such a beautiful place like London for Hurghada?

Thank you.

Wednesday
Member # 4831

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Wednesday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aldoonya magnona mama magnona
Posts: 7 | From: cairo | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Jacqeline.... health insurance?? I dont know anybody who has it...Pharmacies here are musc better than they are in Uk.... you gan get anything, from Viagre to antidepressants, needing no prescriptions.... if you need to go to a doctor or hospital, you just go, and pay!!
Why did I leave London.... ok.... example....
I've just come back after 2 weeks holiday in London.... air temperature there was 18, it rained every day!! in June!!!!
Water temperature of the Red Sea is currently 28 or 29.... I've never seen rain in Hurghada, the sun shines every day, Summer and Winter.... need I continue????

WELSHLADYUK
Member # 5356

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WELSHLADYUK   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi - I am a lady who regularly travels to Egypt. I can help you and TELL you all the pitfalls too. BEWARE of the local guys who ALL want to be "your friend", I am not saying that "all the local guys are the same" but you have to be on your guard as I know some really sad stories and tales or european women being ripped off.

[This message has been edited by WELSHLADYUK (edited 05 October 2004).]

Posts: 203 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacqueline1
Member # 4667

Rate Member
Thank you. I have read a lot about it in this forum. However my goal is
not to find some "local guys", thats not what I seek. I want to bring my little
daughter who is sick and feeble and needs sea and fresh air. I dont think
that "local guys" will be interested in a lady with two little children. But
anyway thanks.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com