EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Classifieds » RENT A FLAT IN CAIRO

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: RENT A FLAT IN CAIRO
noiretblanc
Member # 4272

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for noiretblanc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For months I have been searching in web sites and receiveing advise from many people in this Forum. Now that it will take two or three weeks to arrive in Cairo, I would like to know what are the best ways to find a nice flat in Zamalek, Mohandissen, Garden City....?
Thank you very much for your advise

Posts: 182 | From: Madrid, SPAIN | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flupke
Member # 725

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flupke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, let me tell you -since we are going to do the belly dancing together -
Its not that easy to find something , despite of what everybody is always saying.. But I found the best thing to do is to go from bawaab to bawaab and ask which appartments are for rent. they know a lot !
Unfortunately, they will always ask you way more rent because you are foreigner.. but tant pis, nothing you can do about that then to negociate as good as you can
hope I helped you a bit..
Good luck and see you?
byebye
quote:
Originally posted by noiretblanc:
For months I have been searching in web sites and receiveing advise from many people in this Forum. Now that it will take two or three weeks to arrive in Cairo, I would like to know what are the best ways to find a nice flat in Zamalek, Mohandissen, Garden City....?

Posts: 122 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DubaiDoctor
Member # 4045

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DubaiDoctor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
online adds are very expensive. You can try the AUC message board at the main campus, I've seen few good adds for female only room mate. also you'll find some at Diwan which is a nice bookshop at Zamalik. as soon as you arrive you can try CSA in Maadi, they will be happy to help and direct you, they have few publication that have apt adds. i think the address is 4 21st street. I think there is an spanish speaking women gathering that I'll try and look it up for you and I'll put it up tommorow inshallah. there is also 2 spanish institutes in Cairo
good luck

quote:

[This message has been edited by DubaiDoctor (edited 25 August 2004).]

Posts: 77 | From: Dubai UAE | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noiretblanc
Member # 4272

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for noiretblanc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flupke: thank you very much for your comments. They are very helpful. Many told: go to the doormen, others: go to the web sites...nobody was very concrete and I felt a bit lost. But yes, I think it is the best way. Maybe I will try to go with somebody in order to avoid from abuse in the price. Well, see you soon in Cairo and keep in touch. When are you going to live? In Heliopolis, right?

Dubaidoctor: thank you for your help. The Spanish Institutes were not very helpful. In fact, all information about my trip to Cairo and my plans to study there came from the Egyptian Embassy in Spain. I would like to find a two-bedroom flat since my family will come to visit me.
About this place (CSA) seems to be fine. I would appreciate if you give their telephone to me in order to contact them when I will arrive to Cairo.
Thank you!

Posts: 182 | From: Madrid, SPAIN | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flupke
Member # 725

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flupke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, I hope to find an app in Heliopolis,didn't find anything yet.. but will come a couple of days in september to look around again(in july I didn't manage to find something ..)I already lived in Cairo before and loved Heliopolis a lot !
Anyway, if everything goes well, I will arrive in the beginning of october Insha'allah..
take care..
bye

quote:
Flupke: thank you very much for your comments. They are very helpful. Many told: go to the doormen, others: go to the web sites...nobody was very concrete and I felt a bit lost. But yes, I think it is the best way. Maybe I will try to go with somebody in order to avoid from abuse in the price. Well, see you soon in Cairo and keep in touch. When are you going to live? In Heliopolis, right?

Dubaidoctor: thank you for your help. The Spanish Institutes were not very helpful. In fact, all information about my trip to Cairo and my plans to study there came from the Egyptian Embassy in Spain. I would like to find a two-bedroom flat since my family will come to visit me.
About this place (CSA) seems to be fine. I would appreciate if you give their telephone to me in order to contact them when I will arrive to Cairo.
Thank you!

Posts: 122 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DubaiDoctor
Member # 4045

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DubaiDoctor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CSA Community Service Association 3585284 or 3580754. They are located at 4 on 21st Rd in Maadi. There is also a spanish women association or meeting that I came across. I never thought of keeping that number because I knew I had no chance of joining them (although I like to :-))). I'll try and find that number for you

by the way there are 2 locations for the spanish institute did you try both of them

[This message has been edited by DubaiDoctor (edited 26 August 2004).]

Posts: 77 | From: Dubai UAE | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noiretblanc
Member # 4272

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for noiretblanc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dubai Doctor I called the Institute Cervantes some months ago to ask for information but they were not helpful at all. Then I called the Spanish embassy and they suggested to talk to the Egyptian ambassador 8P so I forget the idea about calling them again...anyway, I will go to that Spanish women Association. It can be funny.
Thanks again!!!

noiretblanc
Member # 4272

Rate Member
I have another question…I decided that I will walk around two neighbourhoods I am interested in, to find a flat. Do you think it is better to deal directly with the owner or trying a real state company? This question came to my mind when I read a thread in this forum about a girl having problems with the landlord (you can have problems with the landlord in every country I know). I wonder if dealing with a real state can be easier for a foreigner….what is your opinion, friends??
Flupke
Member # 725

Rate Member
hi
Weel, to my opinion, a real estate is not really a help.. I didn't have a good experience with them. And keep in mind, they need money too ..
The owner of an appartment tells already a lot about the app he is renting if you know what I mean ..
Anyway, good luck, you will find something don't worry
byebye
quote:
I have another question…I decided that I will walk around two neighbourhoods I am interested in, to find a flat. Do you think it is better to deal directly with the owner or trying a real state company? This question came to my mind when I read a thread in this forum about a girl having problems with the landlord (you can have problems with the landlord in every country I know). I wonder if dealing with a real state can be easier for a foreigner….what is your opinion, friends??

noiretblanc
Member # 4272

Rate Member
I understand. No way of escaping from a foot search, right???
Flupke
Member # 725

Rate Member
Guess not

quote:
I understand. No way of escaping from a foot search, right???

noiretblanc
Member # 4272

Rate Member
Ok . Keep in touch and tell me more about your searching please...it can be interesting. Well, I will move to Cairo in two weeks, so I will write you an email. I think you already have my email address, if not: nuaretblanc@yahoo.es

See you soon!!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com