EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Classifieds » LOOKING FOR SHORT TERM ACCOMODATION

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: LOOKING FOR SHORT TERM ACCOMODATION
WELSHLADYUK
Member # 5356

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WELSHLADYUK   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Post now closed - thanks everyone. I have managed to find a place.

[This message has been edited by WELSHLADYUK (edited 28 September 2004).]

Posts: 203 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi WELSHLADYUK!

The difficulty with your criteria for a place to rent is that Egyptians are very unlikely to want short-term rented furnished places in Cairo, so that market caters for foreigners, usually Westerners or Arabs that come in the summer from the Gulf or Saudi Arabia who can also afford the higher rents. Short term rents as you must know are always higher anyway. So don’t be too surprised if you don’t get many responses. Wishing you luck though.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deepest Rhythm
Member # 5345

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deepest Rhythm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I can help u in that
Posts: 35 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WELSHLADYUK
Member # 5356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WELSHLADYUK   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Deepest Rhythm:

Posts: 203 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WELSHLADYUK
Member # 5356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WELSHLADYUK   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Deepest Rhythm:

thanks for your help please contact me with details.

[This message has been edited by WELSHLADYUK (edited 28 September 2004).]

WELSHLADYUK
Member # 5356

Thanks Newcomer

I am not coming during the summer months ? I sometimes work and earn the "egyptian low salary". I understand what you say and don't expect to pay local prices but I also will not pay the stupid excessive european/tourist charges some people try to charge. Im happy to share with another egyptian or western lady.

[This message has been edited by WELSHLADYUK (edited 03 October 2004).]

newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi WELSHLADYUK!

I should have put a comma after Westerners, as I only meant that that Gulf and Saudi people come in the summer! I think your budget is possible if you are sharing, depending on the area you want to live in and what standards you are looking for, i.e. you won’t get Maadi super-luxury for that, even sharing long-term. As a suggestion you might have more luck finding somewhere if you are willing to pay a holding fee for the months you aren’t here if you are really planning to be here regularly, as I don’t think that many people would be willing to hold a room for you and cover the rest of the rent, just on the chance that you might be coming back soon, for anything less than the prices you mentioned, and they might want even more dependent on the area.

You may find it difficult to find an Egyptian lady to share with, I tried it for a while unsuccessfully, as most of them live with their families or the family likes to have a free use of the extra room whenever they want it. You might be lucky to find a divorcee who doesn’t want to go back to her family home, but my grapevine didn’t come up with one who wanted to share.

Sorry not to be more helpful...maybe some of these people who are coming in September may be willing to share with you as most of the rest of us seem to be fairly settled. Have you tried asking on the other Egypt related forums yet?

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com