EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Classifieds » Is it available

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is it available
abu ghuthaifah
Member # 12125

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for abu ghuthaifah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In February in the new year we will be moving to Cairo,We have a 2 month old baby,He is currently breast feeding and bottle feeding,Here in South Africa he feeds on Isomil 1, it is a soy infant formula that is milk free and lactose free,do we have to bring a year supply to Cairo or is it available in the local supermarkets,Will be glad to get some feedback.
Posts: 15 | From: Cape Town ,South Africa | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Abu

Try posting your query in the Living In Egypt section. You are more likely to get a reply there.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it Similac Isomil?

I found it with an Egyptian pharmaceutical listing:

http://www.egydoc.com/sites/egydoc.com/main/dbase.asp?code=3938

Here is the company which produces it:

http://www.abbott.com/global/url/content/en_US/10.40.5:5/general_content/Global_Location_Profile_0001.htm

You might also want to ring up couple of pharmacies and ask if they sell the specific formular.

But I am just wondering why you do breast-feeding and bottle-feeding? Really it doesn't make any sense. Your baby is two months old and breastfeeding is by far the best choice. So don't overdue it, he's getting enough nutrition through the breast milk.

Anyway, good luck with the move and I hope your whole family will enjoy the stay in Egypt! [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abu ghuthaifah
Member # 12125

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for abu ghuthaifah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanx Guys,
Penny, I'll do just that.
Tigerlilly you're right,breatfeeding is by far the best choice,the bottle is ocasional ,for the times the mom has to run off quickly and she gets delayed then we feed the little one a bottle, or those nights where sheer exhaustion sets in,then I'm on standby with bottle.
Ya really looking forward being in Egypt.

Posts: 15 | From: Cape Town ,South Africa | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com