EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Classifieds » How much..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How much..
Member # 11766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
..should I pay max in Cairo for a dress to be made similar to this?
I have been quoted ridiculous amounts. My dress maker says 3000 EGP which I think is way far too much for such a simple frock!

http://i20.tinypic.com/az8iab.jpg

Posts: 854 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Think it also depends on what kind material he is using.hen you should be able to buy this for yourself, then you get a better indication on what he charges you for labour...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, try to buy the cloth (silk?) yourself and just pay the dress maker for his labour.
It's simple but beautiful if you ask me. [Smile]

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also think 3000 LE is ridiculous. Can't give you a concrete sum, but imo several hundred LE would be the maximum, depending, of course, on whether the fabric is included in the price or not.

Like the dress, btw! [Smile] I have a few similar ones, but rarely an occasion to wear them.

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah,my dressmaker is really good. Unfortunately the owner of the shop seems to look for the most cash she can get out of you. I tried catching the dressmaker on her own to see if she would do homers but she did not understand the concept. I am gonna try again when the owner is absent. Am sure the girl that actually does the work gets very little.
It is White Home in Nasser City.

The dress is lush,Pronovias in City Stars has it but are asking 9000 EGP.
That shop is an utter rip off.
It makes Mohamed Nada's prices look cheap.

Posts: 854 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you could probably search online and find a similar dress, order it and have it delivered. If you cant have it delivered, you could find someone that you know coming to egypt to bring it to you. I would think that dress would sell in the states for around 200 us,,, so about 1200 egy pound,, as others have said, it really depends on you finding the fabric for a reasonable cost

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.edressme.com/4567.html
found one online but its only available in black
still looking

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crisálida
Member # 13923

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for crisálida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its a very pretty dress, but OMG did you see the skeletal legs on that model? it is shocking, the model in your pic is much more healthy mystic...why do they do this!!!!!??
Posts: 644 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the dress is so Sunset Blvd., and the models legs, yup I agree with you Wanderer.
But 3000 LE is too much to ask, IMO.

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bewbs!
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egy_mada
Member # 11992

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egy_mada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohhhhhhhhhh, what a huge numbers ?!!!
How can I hide this thread from my wife ?

Posts: 55 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tell her it's a bad thread, and Leito loves bewbs.
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaisyS
Member # 20132

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaisyS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your dress is impressive. I really like the way it looks
Posts: 7 | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaisyS
Member # 20132

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaisyS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your dress is impressive. I really like the way it looks

http://w-weddinginvitations.com

--------------------
buy wedding invitations online

Posts: 7 | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com