EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Zahi Hawas (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Zahi Hawas
Kemet
Member # 1675

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kemet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What are your opinions of his work?
Posts: 391 | From: Long Beach, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Talking head for masinstream Egyptologist.

The funny thing about Zahi Hawass is he has done nothing special in the field of egyptology,except find some Golden mummies,which were around the greco roman period. I think Frank Yurco,needs to have a nice long talk to Zahi,about African connections to Ancient Egyptain culture,which he denies.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun
Member # 1813

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Amun   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No strong opinion either way. I just wish there were more Egyptian Egyptologists internationally known.
Posts: 338 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Obenga
Member # 1790

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Obenga     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ausar says: I think Frank Yurco,needs to have a nice long talk to Zahi,about African connections to Ancient Egyptain culture,which he denies.

Obenga: Yurco speaking to him would not make a difference. Do u really think Hawass does not know of the "African" element??, all Egyptologists know about the "Africaness" of this culture. The African element is played down on purpose by mainstream Egyptology from the days of denying Budge, right up to the present day.

Posts: 404 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun
Member # 1813

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Amun   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Obenga:
The African element is played down on purpose by mainstream Egyptology from the days of denying Budge, right up to the present day.

I'm not sure about what degree mainstream Egyptology should play up the Africanness of Egypt. It is obvious to anyone who has any knowledge of Kemet beyond what they see in Hollywood that the Kemetians were culturally African and shared few similarities with Near Eastern cultures. But their culture was very unique in many ways.
Personally, I don't think people need to play up the obvious. Due to indisputable evidence from mainstream Anthropologists, mainstream Egyptology seems to be coming around to accepting that there were black Pharoahs before the 25th dynasty and Egyptian civilization was African in nature. I just think that Egyptologists like Hawass should stop playing down the obvious.

Posts: 338 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptmed
Member # 1839

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptmed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zahi Hawass an EGYPTIAN egyptologist who is also supreme director oif anitiquities in egypt knows more abiout egypt than any ok you and any other egyptologist. as a native egyptian, he knows that the ancient egyptians werent black.
Posts: 163 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun
Member # 1813

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Amun   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by egyptmed:
as a native egyptian, he knows that the ancient egyptians werent black.

Has Zahi Hawass ever publically said this?

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
''Zahi Hawass an EGYPTIAN egyptologist who is also supreme director oif anitiquities in egypt knows more abiout egypt than any ok you and any other egyptologist. as a native egyptian, he knows that the ancient egyptians werent black.''

Why should it matter his opinion on the race of the Ancient egyptains,since he is not a anthropologist.

Egyptmed,have you ever heard of Gaballa Ali Gaballa is?? See if you can tell me without cheating and serching on the web.

Zahi Hawass is form the delta region,whcih has muich foreign admixture and always has.

Selim Hassan is another good native egyptologist who wrote some wonderful books about the Her em akhet.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Obenga
Member # 1790

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Obenga     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egypt's antiquity authorities have urged archaeologists to focus their efforts on uncovering and preserving monuments in Lower Egypt in the area of the Nile Delta. Dr Gaballa Ali Gaballa, secretary-general of Egypt's SCA said "The delta was Egypt's doorway to the world, and the world's doorway to Africa,". "The history of the civilisation of the world is buried here." Dr Zahi Hawass, director of the Giza Plateau, said he "wants archaeologists to stop working in Upper Egypt and other sites for 10 years and instead concentrate all their efforts on the delta."

As Hawass and Gaballaha both hail from Lower Egypt it may come as no surprise that two of Egypt's most influential antiquity officials are calling for more archaeological resources to be directed towards the Nile Delta. Yet in "The Valley of the Kings", one of Upper Egypt's most popular tourist attractions, the tombs are crumbling, fissures and moisture damage are rife, causing, in some cases, irreparable damage to tomb paintings on walls and ceilings, if not the tombs themselves. Many of ancient Egypt's monuments, temples and tombs have been uncovered and it is not unsurprising that lengthy conservation projects are needed to preserve them for future generations. The SCA directive should not be focusing on a North-South dived but give priority to bona fide projects that focus on preservation rather than excavation.

Any comments on the meaning of this statement??

Posts: 404 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Yeah,it is a known fact there was no great urban centers in the delta region. The delta was not the origin of egyptain civlization,nor was it really the cultural center. The true cultural center was abutu,or abydos,which was believed to be the birth place of ausar.

Well since Hawass is a Lower egyptain it would not suprise me that he wants to preserve sites in the delta. What is true however is the water table is rising in Upper egypt,and soon the mounments if not properly preserved will decay.

Hawass is from Daimetta.

Amun
Member # 1813

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Amun   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Obenga:
Egypt's antiquity authorities have urged archaeologists to focus their efforts on uncovering and preserving monuments in Lower Egypt in the area of the Nile Delta. Dr Gaballa Ali Gaballa, secretary-general of Egypt's SCA said "The delta was Egypt's doorway to the world, and the world's doorway to Africa,". "The history of the civilisation of the world is buried here." Dr Zahi Hawass, director of the Giza Plateau, said he "wants archaeologists to stop working in Upper Egypt and other sites for 10 years and instead concentrate all their efforts on the delta."

Any comments on the meaning of this statement??

I don't really understand. I'm sure that there is more to be found in the Nile Delta but it seems a bit impractical since Thebes was the cultural center of Egypt for most of the dynastic era. The sacking of Thebes
by the Assyrians was a turning point in Egyptian history. It marked the decline of the dynastic culture.

egyptmed
Member # 1839

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptmed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hawass, niot gaballa is the current secretary-genral of the SCA. i agree with gabballa that egypt was the world's doorway to africa, but it wasnt african. plus i agree that egypt is the birthplace of civilizations. however, when i provided a quote from the Egyptian SIS, which knows more about egypt and its demographics than any other organziation in the world, it clearly stated that egyptians are mediterranean caucasian and can be considered semi-european. nowadays culturally, egypt is about 80& arab and 20% mediterranean/orthodox. the SIS said that egypt was 1/2 european, 1/3 asian, and 1/6 african.
Posts: 163 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
''hawass, niot gaballa is the current secretary-genral of the SCA. i agree with gabballa that egypt was the world's doorway to africa, but it wasnt african. plus i agree that egypt is the birthplace of civilizations. however, when i provided a quote from the Egyptian SIS, which knows more about egypt and its demographics than any other organziation in the world, it clearly stated that egyptians are mediterranean caucasian and can be considered semi-european. nowadays culturally, egypt is about 80& arab and 20% mediterranean/orthodox. the SIS said that egypt was 1/2 european, 1/3 asian, and 1/6 african.''

You are quiting non Anthropological sources.
Please quote peer reviwed journals,not personal opinions from people.

The Egypt state,and tourism agency also sys nubians are cuacasians. How accurate is that

'

Carfax
Member # 1473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carfax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If Pelyas is an example of how MOST Egyptians feel about their ethnicity, then I must say I feel sorry for them. These Egyptians who crave to be considered white or European are so self deceived and have such low self esteem that I pity them..

Egypt is just like Mexico. To be called an Indian in Mexico is an insult; even though the majority of the population has alot of Indian blood..

Egypt is the same way in that they hate to be associated with Africa, even though Egypt is and has always been a part of Africa..

Pelyas, I pity you and I hope that one day, you won't hate yourself, Egypt, and the continent which it is apart of.

Carfax>> To travel in silence, by long and circuitous route, to brave the arrows of misfortune and fear neither noose nor fire, to play the greatest of all games and win, foregoing no expense, is to mock the vicissitudes of fate

[This message has been edited by Carfax (edited 04 March 2003).]

Posts: 511 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Carifax,I am an Egyptain,and I can assure you most common Egyptains donot feel like pelyas,or egyptmed. I am skpetical that he is even Egyptain,and I have my doubts.

He reminds of some white supremist who used to post on the soc.culture.egypt newsgroup name Toms hslley the white god.

Masri wrote:
>
> Osirica,
>
> I'm not going to try to answer every single line in your post; I do want to
> clarify a few points :
>
> o The second most common language in Ethiopia is NOT Coptic, and Arabic is
> not the most common.
> - The most common language of Ethiopia in order are : Amharic, Tigrinya,
> Orominga, Guaraginga, Somali, Arabic
> - The alphabet of those languages is not even close to the Coptic
> alphabet.
>
> o I think nobody can deny that Ancient - and most current day - Egyptians
> have black genes in them;

I have the impression that in fact many would. Not so long ago a
Lebanese woman on this ng asked a question about the origin of the
Egyptians, presupposing that they had come out of some group in Asia
Minor and wanting to know exactly which. No Egyptian with the possible
exception of the Hab came forward to disabuse her of this notion. You
will still find books and publications around which strate that Egyptian
civilisation was an outgrowth of those of the Middle East that predated
it, rather than a largely indigenous one.

An Egyptian woman I knew went out of her way to mention that Sadat was
not a "typical" Egyptian. Does anyone say the same of King Farouk? The
unholy fuss made by Egyptians when the black (American) actor Gossett jr.
was chosen to play him in a tv series underscores the degree to which
many Egyptians desire to dissociate themselves from African origins or
links. When a very Middle eastern person played the role of Sadat in a tv
version of Golda Mayeer's life no such fuss was made. Sadat himself was
not very proud of his distinctly African/Sudanese origin. In his
autobiograhy he simply refers to himself as a dark Egyptian.

By the way, how come it's so difficult to ever see a photo of general
Naguib? I suppose he was another "untypical" Egyptian.

So in a sense you are almost breaking new ground when you speak of
Egyptians having "black genes" in them.

When I also raised the question of whether the civilisation started in
the delta or in Upper Egypt, there was a stony silence on this ng. When I
spoke of the Afro-Asiatic group of languages having seen the light of day
on the African continent and not somewhere in the Middle East as many
tend to believe, our mutual friend Red Sea immediately suspected me of
being an "Afrocentrist".

With the "Arab identity" being of utmost importance in modern Egypt it is
not surprising that the real Egyptian past in terms of cultural
affiliations is downplayed.

I don't speak for anyone else but I think that that is what Osirica is
getting at.

As far as I am concerned, and let me say right away that I am black, the
truth is what matters. The facts about exactly how black or white the
early Egyptian civilisation was will only come out over time.

Godfrey

There is some different opinions from a egyptain.

The problerm is carifax,most of the egyptains posting here are either city dwellers,or elite class. You hardly get any fellahin from around aswan,luxor and Upper egypt to post in places like these.

http://members.blackplanet.com/PReTti_EGyPt/

Here are egyptains totoally different than pelyas.

I have a friend that is half palestinean,and half egypptain,but she is gone doiung relief work in iraq. I wsih she was here.

Obenga
Member # 1790

Rate Member
Egyptmed says ON EVERY THREAD: egyptians are mediterranean caucasian and can be considered semi-european. nowadays culturally, egypt is about 80& arab and 20% mediterranean/orthodox. the SIS said that egypt was 1/2 european, 1/3 asian, and 1/6 african.

OBENGA RESPONDS: 'Ahem' this thread is about Prominent Egyptologist Zahi Hawass. Please stop allowing Egyptmed/Pelyas to mess up every thread with the same statements, it does not matter what the topic is all his responses are going to say is that "egyptians are mediterranean caucasian" and how much Greece and Egypt love each other, even if the thread has nothing to do with RACE.

Don't let him bait u into responding to his statements, we all have eyes and we all can read no one is affected by his beliefs, but he is wrecking interesting discussions.

Let him have his opinion don't get into debates with him because personal attacks from both sides are always the result and the thread ends up going nowhere!! Which is really what he wants!!

[This message has been edited by Obenga (edited 04 March 2003).]

imhotep
Member # 1745

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for imhotep   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zahi Hawas is undoubtedly a biased Egyptologist - at least as he's portrayed in the media. I believe his stand on Egypt and indeed that of many Egyptians (in trying to 'dismember' Egypt from Africa), is an attempt to preserve positive cash flows from the West. (Tourism is Egypt's main foreign exchange earner).
You might have already guessed that a 'tropical african' or should I say predominantly black Egyptian civilizzation would not be very palatable to the Europeans
and the European diaspora.

Posts: 62 | From: Se, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kemet
Member # 1675

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kemet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kemet:

Kemet Writes: I wonder how much economics factors into Hawas' position on the African nature of AE. If he just came out and told the truth he probably would lose his job. The idea that AE originated in the south, at least from some of the modern Egyptians on this forum doesn't seem to be a popular idea.

Posts: 391 | From: Long Beach, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun
Member # 1813

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amun   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The idea that AE originated in the south, at least from some of the modern Egyptians on this forum doesn't seem to be a popular idea.

I thought it was widely accepted among Egyptologists that Egyptian civilization originated in southern Egypt. Are you saying this view isn't widely accepted?

Kemet
Member # 1675

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Amun:
I thought it was widely accepted among Egyptologists that Egyptian civilization originated in southern Egypt. Are you saying this view isn't widely accepted?

Kemet Writes: You are correct that it is widely accepted that AE civilization began in Upper Egypt. I meant that the idea of an Upper Egyptian civilization beginning south of Egypt (Sudan, Chad, Ethiopia, etc) is still not accepted beyond an elite circle of Egyptologists. This circle knows that the culture began in the African Sahel, but like a Mason, conceals the truth.

Amun
Member # 1813

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amun   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I meant that the idea of an Upper Egyptian civilization beginning south of Egypt (Sudan, Chad, Ethiopia, etc) is still not accepted beyond an elite circle of Egyptologists. This circle knows that the culture began in the African Sahel, but like a Mason, conceals the truth.

I agree but just like Greeks don't like theories about their civilization being influenced by other cultures, I'm sure part of the downplaying of these influences has to do with Egyptian pride. But on the other hand it may be in part racist since mainstream Egyptologists like Petrie tried to tie origins of Egyptian civilization to Mesopotamia. Most of those theories have been debunked and it is widely accepted that the civilization developed almost exclusively in Africa. How much non-Egyptian Africans contributed to Egyptian civilization is what is being debated.

Kemet
Member # 1675

Rate Member
Kemet:
Kemet Writes: You are correct that it is widely accepted that AE civilization began in Upper Egypt. I meant that the idea of an Upper Egyptian civilization beginning south of Egypt (Sudan, Chad, Ethiopia, etc) is still not accepted beyond an elite circle of Egyptologists. This circle knows that the culture began in the African Sahel, but like a Mason, conceals the truth.[/QUOTE]

Kemet
Member # 1675

Rate Member
Amun Writes: How much non-Egyptian Africans contributed to Egyptian civilization is what is being debated. [/B][/QUOTE]

Kemet Writes: We have to also recognize that there were no Egyptians prior to the neolithic period. By the way, woulnd't any non-Egyptian Africans become Egyptian?

Amun
Member # 1813

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Amun   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Kemet Writes: We have to also recognize that there were no Egyptians prior to the neolithic period. By the way, woulnd't any non-Egyptian Africans become Egyptian?

Good point. I agree.

Kemet
Member # 1675

Rate Member
quote:

Interview with Zahi Hawas:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/africa/features/storyofafrica/rams/3audio5
.ram

<TRANCRIPT>

Q: How would you describe your reaction to the views of Diop?

ZH: Of course Cheikh Anta Diop was completely wrong. This was
kind of a theory that he developed because of it doesn't mean,
look at the features of the people, the Black, in Egypt today,
their nose, their lips, is completely different
from the Negro and therefore CA serie, he did it I think
in a time to please the African Americans, who really feal that
they are a minority, and they want to be connected with this
place, this civilization like Egypt.

After CA Diop did make his
theory, there was a conference was made by UNESCO and the
recommendation at the end of the conference that this was
not accepted, and they said they need more work on prehistoric
time to understand more the origin of the people.

Q: So how would you define the ancient egyptians they were
people who came here who were indiginous to the area...

ZH: I believe those people settled in the Nile Valley since
the old stone age more than 100,0000 BC, and they settled by
the nile, those people who went to the desert to hunt wild animals
to make their
own tools and to invent fire and they really always comes to the
Nile. Then they looked at the Nile and they used this source
to make this great civilization and if you look at their religious
belief, it's unique. From the pre-dynastic period, they found out
for a king to be a god, they have to do certain things in his life.
Build a tomb, temples for the worship of the gods, smiting the
enemies of egypt, unification of the two lands, giving offering to
the gods, if you did that, you will become a god. Therefore I say
all the time that pyramids built egypt. Because building the tombs,
made the egyptians to create technology and astronomy and art and
architecture.

Q: So how do you react to people who say that Egypt is an African
civilization?

ZH: I really don't believe that Egypt is an African civilization.
I believe that the Egyptians, Egyptian civilization were unique.
Egypt is in Africa, but the Egyptian civilization has nothing to do
with the african cultures. Because of many, many features. If you
look at the pharaonic period, it's completely different from anything.
If you look at the production or technology that the egyptians left,
it's completely different from any belief in any time.
If you look at the egyptian from the anthropological point of view,
they are different from the African. And that is why I
believe that pharaonic egypt is completely unique, and they have
no connection with the Africans, or even with the Arabs.
Completely independent. And this is why, even today, egyptians
are egyptians, the .... doesn't mean that we can speak arabic,
that we can be arabs. We are really, I feel personally, that
we are related even today, to the pharaos.

</TRANSCRIPT>

Obenga
Member # 1790

Rate Member
Imhotep says: Zahi Hawas is undoubtedly a biased Egyptologist - at least as he's portrayed in the media.

Obenga responds: I don't think Hawass and mainstream Egyptologist are consciously biased. I think they do what they have been trained to do, study Egypt as a near eastern civilization along with the study of other near eastern civilizations like Sumer,Persia and Pheonecia. They have been trained to perceive KMT as an ancient near eastern culture not an African one, this has always been the view of Egyptology. Any Egyptologist hoping to be respected and taken seriously cannot be outspoken about KMT as an African culture if he does not want his career in Egyptology ruined!!. Egyptology certainly is not going to listen to any Outside voices with any kind of respect.

Three weeks ago I watched British Egyptologist Dr Joanne Fletcher state that many Egyptologist's don't like or want to accept the idea of clear elements of Ancient Egypt appearing first in African cultures that pre-date Ancient Egypt, but the evidence says they are going to have to face it more and more. This is the attitude toward influences from Africa toward Egypt by Egyptologists

If they are studying and looking East how can they even link KMT with African cultures they know nothing about?? Kush is seen just as an extension of KMT and outside of Nubia they don't study African culture and traditions. If no voices within Egyptology are teaching about KMT in an African context why should Egyptologist see KMT as an African culture??? Egyptology has not fully recovered from it's non-objective beginings. Lets not forget that no groups like to admit to any kind of a posituve influence from other groups.

Amun
Member # 1813

Rate Member
quote:

, he did it I think
in a time to please the African Americans, who really feal that
they are a minority, and they want to be connected with this
place, this civilization like Egypt.

That makes a lot of sense when you consider that Diop wasn't African American and spoke French. Most African Americans don't even know who he is.

quote:

After CA Diop did make his
theory, there was a conference was made by UNESCO and the
recommendation at the end of the conference that this was
not accepted,

I thought UNESCO said they couldn't reach a conclusion. They never rejected nor accepted Diop's theories.

Hawass seems to dance around the issue rather than address it straight up. I don't feel his opinion really matters since he isn't an anthropologist.

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Plus he is not honest about what exactly were the first people of the nile. Most anthropological work I have seen,from various scholars,seem to point to a African population in Upper egypt.

Matter of fact Sir Willam Gardnier,who was the leading Egyptologist in his book egypt of the pharoahs calls these populations negriod.

Adolf erman,who during the time of racist academia,seems to sugest that Egyptains had affinities with other populations in Africa.

Such examples are

The mid-twentieth Egyptologist Alan Gardiner, who was considered an
authority on the ancient civilization of Kemet, gave the following
report on the human remains of the pre-dynastic Badarians, Amratians,
and Gerzeans:

"These... were long-headed-dolicocephalic is the learned term-and
below even medium stature, but Negroid features are often to be
observed. Whatever may be said of the northerners, it is safe to
describe the dwellers in Upper Egypt as of essentially African stock,
a character always retained despite alien influences brought to bear
on them from time to time." (pg. 392; Egypt of the Pharaohs 1966)

By the way Obenga Gaballa ali Gaballa is keeper of Upper egyptain antiquities.

Kemet
Member # 1675

Rate Member
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ausar:
"seem to point to a African population in Upper egypt"

Kemet Writes: ....and Lower Egypt, the Levant, Europe....

egyptmed
Member # 1839

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
''hawass, niot gaballa is the current secretary-genral of the SCA. i agree with gabballa that egypt was the world's doorway to africa, but it wasnt african. plus i agree that egypt is the birthplace of civilizations. however, when i provided a quote from the Egyptian SIS, which knows more about egypt and its demographics than any other organziation in the world, it clearly stated that egyptians are mediterranean caucasian and can be considered semi-european. nowadays culturally, egypt is about 80& arab and 20% mediterranean/orthodox. the SIS said that egypt was 1/2 european, 1/3 asian, and 1/6 african.''

You are quiting non Anthropological sources.
Please quote peer reviwed journals,not personal opinions from people.

The Egypt state,and tourism agency also sys nubians are cuacasians. How accurate is that

'

firstly we are looking at demographics, the SIS of egypt deals with egypt's demographics. it would definitely now the race of the egyptians. where does the tourism agency say that? of course nubians arent caucasian im not saying that, although some are mixed and are kinda light

egyptmed
Member # 1839

Rate Member
zahi hawass is quite smart and very proud of his egyptian roots. dont criticize him.
Kemet
Member # 1675

Rate Member
quote:
zahi hawass is quite smart and very proud of his egyptian roots. dont criticize him.

Kemet Writes: There are a lot of people who are smart and proud, but still warant criticism. That's the democratic way!

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
''firstly we are looking at demographics, the SIS of egypt deals with egypt's demographics. it would definitely now the race of the egyptians. where does the tourism agency say that? of course nubians arent caucasian im not saying that, although some are mixed and are kinda light''

That source you quoted was from a book,and it was the opinion of the author. It had nothing to do wtih demographics.

Kemet
Member # 1675

Rate Member
[QUOTE]Originally posted by egyptmed:
[B] firstly we are looking at demographics, the SIS of egypt deals with egypt's demographics.

Kemet Writes: Are these demographics of ancient or modern Egypt Egyptmed? What sort of statitical method was utilized to obtain these demographics?

egyptmed
Member # 1839

Rate Member
quote:
Kemet Writes: There are a lot of people who are smart and proud, but still warant criticism. That's the democratic way!

well, egypt's not a democracy

egyptmed
Member # 1839

Rate Member
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by egyptmed:
[B] firstly we are looking at demographics, the SIS of egypt deals with egypt's demographics.

Kemet Writes: Are these demographics of ancient or modern Egypt Egyptmed? What sort of statitical method was utilized to obtain these demographics?

they are of modern negypt, and Egypt, being the intelligently advanced country it is uses the same demographic techniques as the rest of the arab world.

egyptmed
Member # 1839

Rate Member
quote:
''firstly we are looking at demographics, the SIS of egypt deals with egypt's demographics. it would definitely now the race of the egyptians. where does the tourism agency say that? of course nubians arent caucasian im not saying that, although some are mixed and are kinda light''

That source you quoted was from a book,and it was the opinion of the author. It had nothing to do wtih demographics.

it was not from a book, it was a statement, and it wasnt just written by an author it was written by an author who works with the SIS and whose work was approved by the SIS.

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
''it was not from a book, it was a statement, and it wasnt just written by an author it was written by an author who works with the SIS and whose work was approved by the SIS.''

It was a book review,which was on a site About ancient egypt.

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
http://www.sis.gov.eg/public/magazine/iss007e/html/art12txt.htm

Here is where he got it from.

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
''LOL you are definatly not a "common" Egyptian of any sort. I've read your waffle/**** on other web sites. And now I've come to the conclusion that you are not even capable of lying properly. On this forum you never grew up in Egypt. Yet on others sites you stayed in Egypt long enough to be pictured by unicef in Esna.
<http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Pressbox/7045/Afrocentric/trader.jpg>''

I touched a knerve Mark mubarak huh?? Yeah,I know you are Mark Mubrak from Racial myths site. Yes,my father is from Aswan,and Yes I was born in a Aswan village. That is my picture,and yes I allowed another person to post it on their web site. Many Egyptains around Esna,Aswan look like that. Many Egyptains around Coptos can pass for Eastern Africans if they chose. Also that picture is not from Unicef,go ahead and look on their site. By the way Marak Mubarak,you claimed to be celtic,Egyptain on the last site,and on this site you are Nord and Egypt. Make up your mind.

The waffle part told on yourself.

''Well even your source says it he's not totally Egyptian, he's half sudanese so ofcourse he's not a typical Egyptian. Is an English Mullato a typical English woman?''

You ever seen a picture of mohamed naguib,Nasser's general. He is an Egyptain,and he does not look very much different than Sadat. Sadat is as egyptain as Aremenians,Turks,and Syrians who live in Egypt. Sudan at this period was apart of egypt,and technically Sadat was Egyptain.

''If Sadat tried to distance himself from Africa at large & he's half sudanese, why should Egyptians idenify as African?''

This is not what Gamal Nasser had in mind. Nasser often said the Egyptain lives in Two worlds,the African and the arab. Nasser mother by the way was Turksih. Nasser father was a sayeed. http://www.sis.gov.eg/public/africanmag/issue03/html/enafr01.htm

Read Nasser perpective on Africa,and how it differs from yours.

''LOL they are about as Egyptian as I am chinese. It's easy to say you have Egyptian ancestory, and if you are an Afram why not since many don't know exactly where they are from.''

I am going to invite those girls you call non Egyptains to this message board,so they can clarify they are indeed of egyptain desent. Do you speak Chinese ??

Carfax
Member # 1473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carfax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So everyone knows everyone on this site? LOL I know of Ausar from another site and Ausar knows of Common_Sense from another site..

Ausar, are you male or female? I'd like to see your picture so I can see what darker Egyptians look like...

Carfax>> To travel in silence, by long and circuitous route, to brave the arrows of misfortune and fear neither noose nor fire, to play the greatest of all games and win, foregoing no expense, is to mock the vicissitudes of fate

Posts: 511 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptmed
Member # 1839

Rate Member
umm,..were u talking to me...cuz i dont know who the hell mark mubarak is...u make the weirdest assumptions...oh,and i was never reading a book called the mummy's tale or w/e
Kemet
Member # 1675

Rate Member
quote:
well, egypt's not a democracy

Kemet Writes: I know, I was being sarcastic : )

Kemet
Member # 1675

Rate Member
quote:
they are of modern negypt, and Egypt, being the intelligently advanced country it is uses the same demographic techniques as the rest of the arab world.

kemet Writes: Egyptmed, were discussing ancient Egypt on this thread.

Kemet
Member # 1675

Rate Member
Common_sense Writes: I really don't care about those regions at large nationality is more important to me.

Kemet Writes: Why are you posting this on a ancient Egypt thread? How do you relate all this back to the original topic?

egyptmed
Member # 1839

Rate Member
quote:
kemet Writes: Egyptmed, were discussing ancient Egypt on this thread.

I was talking about egypt while resoponding to another's question.

egyptmed
Member # 1839

Rate Member
quote:
''LOL you are definatly not a "common" Egyptian of any sort. I've read your waffle/**** on other web sites. And now I've come to the conclusion that you are not even capable of lying properly. On this forum you never grew up in Egypt. Yet on others sites you stayed in Egypt long enough to be pictured by unicef in Esna.
<http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Pressbox/7045/Afrocentric/trader.jpg>''

HAHAHAHAH! that person is sudaneswe not egyptian. i ahve never seen an egyptian looking like that in my whole entire life. this has to be a joke!!!!HAHAH

Kemet
Member # 1675

Rate Member
quote:
HAHAHAHAH! that person is sudaneswe not egyptian. i ahve never seen an egyptian looking like that in my whole entire life. this has to be a joke!!!!HAHAH

Kemet Writes: How does this relate to the original thread?

egyptmed
Member # 1839

Rate Member
it doesnt, i was just responding to a previously posted post. why did u not critisize ausar when he brought the subject of this other site.
Kemet
Member # 1675

Rate Member
quote:
it doesnt, i was just responding to a previously posted post. why did u not critisize ausar when he brought the subject of this other site.

Kemet Writes: Egyptmed, I support you right to express your opinions. I just want you to tie it all back into the stream of conversation were having. When your only posting about demographics of modern Egyptians that to me is off course.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com