EgyptSearch Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » What race were the Egyptians? - A clever "controversy" (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: What race were the Egyptians? - A clever "controversy"
jaydeunknown
Member # 3740

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for jaydeunknown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
according to the his-stories of ancient egypt, the civilization is more than 25,000 years old. long before the bible, and anything else in written his-story with the exception of ethiopia.
read, research, and accept the fact that up until 2,000 b.c. europeans were "cave-men" (the histories by herodotis)

it is what it is...

quote:
Originally posted by egyptiangurl:
just so that we can straighten this whole thing out.... I AM EGYPTIAN.. i am coptic.. i am about the purest thing that will ever come to the ancient egyptians.. i have had no racial mix in my family tree and i am DEFINETLY NOT BLACK. .i am tanned.. my features are caucasion and my sister is as pale as snow... my mom is light and my dad is tanned... all of our features are middle eastern and caucasian.. we are also mediteraneans.. many ppl think im either italian or greek... the only black ppl in egyopt are those from NUBIA OR SUDAN... but the copts are not.. u can look at a room full of copts and u will see how white we can be... THE ANCIENT EGYPTIANS WERE EGYPTIANS.. WE ARE NORTH AFRICAN, MIDDLE EASTERN, MEDITERREANE BUT NOT BLACK... PERIOD!

Posts: 2 | From: compton, ca | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jaydeunknown
Member # 3740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaydeunknown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so so true...
quote:
Originally posted by Cush_R:
Copt is not an ethnic group, it is sect of Christainty practised in Egypt, Ethiopia and Ertirea. Just cause you are born in Egypt does not mean you are the closest thing to Ancient Egyptian, hell you could be closer to the Romans or Greeks more than the Ancient Egyptians.

Posts: 2 | From: compton, ca | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't wish to confuse anyone already confused by offering facts but...

Here is the CIA's ethnic description of modern Egypt:
Eastern Hamitic stock (Egyptians, Bedouins, and Berbers) 99%, Greek, Nubian, Armenian, other European (primarily Italian and French) 1%
C.I.A.-The World Factbook 2002; Egypt, People.

Please Note: Arabs & Bedouin are Semites, not Eastern Hamites. Berbers are Western Hamites. Nubians, like Ethiopians and Somalis are Eastern Hamites. The CIA is confused.

And this from a 1911 Encyclopedia! :

HAMITIC RACES AND LANGUAGES. The questions involved in a consideration of Hamitic races and Hamitic languages are independent of one another and call for separate treatment.
I. Hamitic Races.The term Hamitic as applied to race is not only extremely vague but has been much abused by anthropological writers. Of the few who have attempted a precise definition the most prominent is Sergi,i and his classification may be taken as representing one point of view with regard to this difficult question.

Sergi considers the Hamites, using the term in the racial sense, as a branch, of his Mediterranean Race; and divides them as follows:

1. Eastern Branch

(a) Ancient and Modern Egyptian (excluding the Arabs).

(b) Nubians, Beja.

(c) Abyssinians.

(d) Galla, Danakil, Somali.

1 G. Sergi, The Mediterranean Race. A Study of the Origin oJ European Peoples (London, 1901); idem, Africa, Antropologia della stirpe camitica (Turin, 1897).

(e) Masai.

(f) Wahuma or Watusi.

2. Northern Branch

(a) Berbers of the Mediterranean, Atlantic and Sahara.

(b) Tibbu.

(c) Fula.

(d) Guanches (extinct).

So according to Sergi, the Ancient and Modern Egyptian (excluding the Arabs), Nubians, Beja, Abyssinians (Ethiopians), Galla, Danakil, Somali belonged to the same racial grouping - like Swedes, Germans, Danes, etc. are Nordic peoples.

So whether or not we call them "Mediterranean Race" or "GoobleyGookins", everyone knows what these folks look like. What debate? What controversy??

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com