EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » White Folks' Egyptian Madness (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: White Folks' Egyptian Madness
Keino
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another fact: Sarcoidosis is common in Northern Europeans, American blacks and American whites, but rare in others especially Asians.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ozzy
Member # 2664

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ozzy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keino, the original statement made by nadirahlayalines to which I responded was

“If you would look into European history you would find out that moors invaded Europe intermixing changing countries such as France, Portugal, Spain’s and Italy’s. they especially changes Italy’s and Spain genetic makeup”

My response was “The moors, are responsible for very little genetic make up in Italy and Spain”

You came in with a response supporting the Italian Moor (African) connection with “Blood group phenotypes and the origin of sickle cell hemoglobin in Sicilians”. I assume you have done so with the intent of Sicilians as representatives of the Italian population. If not I have no idea as to the reason for the post.

I have already said, “Anything that shows inherited differences in people is a genetic marker” So I agree with most of your last post. However to conclude that any population has genetic input by another, an isolated, or rare marker needs to be identified in each of the populations to conclude a recent relationship, this is how ancient migrations are calculated. If the marker could have been inherited by any number of other influences then it can not be attributed to one. In particular when claiming a recent connection like the Moors.

But again although these are markers they do not show a recent African connection like the Moors and are not supported by mtDNA nor Y Chromosome RE: “Results at the mtDNA sequencing level, however, show no Black African influence in the Sicilian population”.

So back to my original response, neither in Spain nor Italy proper. Is their evidence of a genetic contribution by the Moors.

Ausar, the first link is one of my references, the second I have never seen before, but thank you for posting it.

Posts: 448 | From: Australian living in Spain | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com