EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » kent weeks..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: kent weeks..
mick
Member # 3587

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
does anyone know how kent is getting on with his dig?

i have a documentary on it, but its a couple of years old now.. i have'nt heard anything since'' its a big site his excavating i would like to know how it is going.. is there a website i can keep up to date with him?

ps.. zahi hawass is just a great man. looking after his own' i admire him alot' may the gods bless him. he talks with passion, he feels for he's ancestors. i would love to meet him' maybe one day i will go to egypt and see averything at first hand.. knowing me i would want to live there. would'nt it be great to have it all back again, what would it be like now? what did happen to them/what went wrong? when i do my astronomy i think of the pharaohs, because they were in away stargazers themselfs. especially the constellation orion. which some people bilieve the pyramids were based on. there is a good resemblance. how did they build them its beyond me. anyway thanks for your time i will be back again soon.... mick

Posts: 6 | From: ireland | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Contrary to popular belief many invasions into Egypt never wiped out the majority Egyptian culture. Many modern Egyptians especially in regions of Upper Egypt pratice the same exact traditions their ancestors have been doing for over 5,000 years. From the sufi mouled festivals to the annual Shem-el-Nessim,you will see cultural remnants that go back to the time of Egypt.

Ancient Egypt started to fall apart about the Third Intermediate Period with the various invasions of other people. Unfortunatley,Egypt never formed a strong millitary so invaders were able to come into Egypt in droves. Sometimes these invasions would come from within the country of foreginers that came to dominate certain areas like the Delta. This is my belief that both Lower and Upper Egypt from pre-dyanstic times developed distinctive cultures from each other that lead to constant split between both these regions.

If you do visit Egypt I recommend you visit the rural Upper Egyptian fellahin. Visiting these people will give you a feel on how life might have been about 4,0000 years ago in Egypt.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com