EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Rumours about Sphinx find

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rumours about Sphinx find
Shushi
Member # 2417

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Shushi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have just heard from an archaeologist friend who has recently been digging in Egypt that a major find has been made in Giza - namely a room located under the Sphinx in which a number of scrolls have been found. According to this friend the authorities wish to keep the find under wraps because "it would be likely to cause a major flood of tourists" (they wish!). More likely, if it is true, the authorities wish to decipher the scrolls first to ensure they do not contradict any of the Islamic, Judeo/Christian teachings. Anyway, I have no idea if the rumour is true or not, but thought I would just put it into the public arena for discussion. The friend has indicated that the scrolls have initially been declared "as important as, if not more important, than the Dead Sea Scrolls" and we all know what happened to them - they are buried somewhere in the Vatican! Do you all think it could be true?
Posts: 26 | From: Darlington, Co. Durham, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Obenga
Member # 1790

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Obenga     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The room under the Sphinx containing records of shocking info about Atlantis or another great unknown civilization have been around for a while. Right now I put it up there with stories of pyramids on Mars!

I would be surprised if any real digging is going there as Zahi has said he is not in favour of this at all.

I would doubt this rumor to be true at this point and if it is I do not think they will be able to keep a discovery like this under wraps for long before word leaks out.

Posts: 404 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't know about this story. While lurking on the guardians[Hawass site] I found somebody posted something from robert Buval's site about a sphinx being found around Luxor. If you are interested you might want to check out the guardians.

I also heard a slight rumor that Hawass is know admitting the Pyramid are older than what they are. Don't put too much trust in this because I heard it while listening to Art Bell.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemi
Member # 3176

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Artemi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The stories about the secret scrolls under the sphinx is part of the "Sleeping Prophet" Edgar Cayce's visions, and have been around for quite some time. To some they fall into about the same catagory as Dr. Zahi's secret door from his Giza office bathroom into the Great Pyramid of Khufu. http://www.guardians.net/hawass/the_giza_conspiracy.htm

[This message has been edited by Artemi (edited 19 February 2004).]

Posts: 103 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Osiris II
Member # 3079

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Osiris II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
During the recently completed repair/restoration work done on the Sphnix, excavation work was carried out on several "corridors" that have puzzled Egyptologists for some time. They all proved to lead no-where, and ended in blank walls. Tests done with sounding devices showed no large, unexplored cavities beneath or around the Sphnix.
Posts: 174 | From: Long Beach, CA U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com