EgyptSearch Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Scoring the Ancient Egyptian "Great Debate"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Scoring the Ancient Egyptian "Great Debate"
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The "debate" on what race the Ancient Egyptians belonged to, appears to be an incessant one, popping up relentlessy everywhere there's a discussion about these great people. So let us pause momentarily, take a deep breath, and tally exactly where we stand thus far...

All those who say that the Ancient Egyptians were Black folks:
-- the Ancient Egyptians
-- the Ancient Greeks
> Herodotus
> Aristotle
> Lucian
> Apollodorus
> Aeschylus
-- the Ancient Romans
> Strabo
> Diodorus of Sicily
> Diogenes Laertius
> Ammanius Marcellinus
-- France
> Count Constatine de Volney
> Marius Fontanes - "Les Egyptes"
-- England
> EW Budge (finally, reluctantly) - "Keeper of the Egyptian and Assyrian Antiquities, British Museum"
-- The Anzac troops upon arriving in Egypt during WWI
"My God, we didn't know the Egyptians were niggers!" (sic!)
-- Professor C.A. Diop
-- Professor Theophile Obenga
-- The Christian Bible
-- The Kebra Nagast (Ethiopian bible)
-- The Tanakh (Torah)

All those who say that the Ancient Egyptians were not Black folks:
-- White Egyptologists
-- Zahi Hawass

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amwa
Member # 3287

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hahahahahaha..that's funny..To be fair Wally
there are must be others who agree with Zahi
and his Egyptian Crew..lol

Posts: 74 | From: atlanta,ga | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keino
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Amwa:

I think there is more who agree with Hawass too, but it only takes a few politically, socially and economically abled to get their way of in depicting AEs how they think or want them to be depicted, spreading their propaganda to the media in an attempt to further confuse the masses.

------------------
Time Will Tell!- Bob Marley

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

[This message has been edited by katrina (edited 26 March 2004).]

Posts: 995 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amwa
Member # 3287

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know what and all those Greeks and Romans
lived actually close to that era and where
eyewitnesses,can the Egyptologists or Zahi
say that?

Well Ausar already pointed out Zahi said the
Upper Egyptians are the direct descendants
of the ancients so put a asterisk buy his
name and add him to the "black folks" list.
lol

Posts: 74 | From: atlanta,ga | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You know what and all those Greeks and Romans
lived actually close to that era and where
eyewitnesses,can the Egyptologists or Zahi
say that?

Well Ausar already pointed out Zahi said the
Upper Egyptians are the direct descendants
of the ancients so put a asterisk buy his
name and add him to the "black folks" list.
lol

The "debate" on what race the Ancient Egyptians belonged to, appears to be an incessant one, popping up relentlessy everywhere there's a discussion about these great people. So let us pause momentarily, take a deep breath, and tally exactly where we stand thus far...

All those who say that the Ancient Egyptians were Black folks:
-- the Ancient Egyptians
-- the Ancient Greeks
> Herodotus
> Aristotle
> Lucian
> Apollodorus
> Aeschylus
-- the Ancient Romans
> Strabo
> Diodorus of Sicily
> Diogenes Laertius
> Ammanius Marcellinus
-- France
> Count Constatine de Volney
> Marius Fontanes - "Les Egyptes"
-- England
> EW Budge (finally, reluctantly) - "Keeper of the Egyptian and Assyrian Antiquities, British Museum"
-- The Anzac troops upon arriving in Egypt during WWI
-- Professor C.A. Diop
-- Professor Theophile Obenga
-- The Christian Bible
-- The Kebra Nagast (Ethiopian bible)
-- The Tanakh (Torah)
-- **The Koran
-- (?)Zahi Hawass (per Amwa)

All those who say that the Ancient Egyptians were not Black folks:
-- White Egyptologists

**Ta Ha/Surah 20
Allah greets Moses ("Prince of Egypt") in the valley of Tuwa and shows Moses two tokens (i.e., miracles):
1) Turning Moses' staff into a serpent
2) Turning Moses' hand white

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ozzy
Member # 2664

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ozzy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wally Claimes!!!!!-- The Anzac troops upon arriving in Egypt during WWI

What ANZAC ever used the word nigger you bloody Idiot. My great grandfather was an ANZAC and the word nigger was not even part of the Australian language. There were words for many ethnic groups including black, but Nigger was not one of then. More american propoganda, absolute crap. My great grandfather served in the light horse in Egypt and I spoke to him about his thoughts on Egypt before he died. You idiots stoop so low it makes me sick.

Im not even sure why I even come back as little as I do these days, to read the slow deteriation of a once god site.

Ozzy

Posts: 448 | From: Australian living in Spain | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Ozzy:
Wally Claimes!!!!!-- The Anzac troops upon arriving in Egypt during WWI

What ANZAC ever used the word nigger you bloody Idiot. My great grandfather was an ANZAC and the word nigger was not even part of the Australian language. There were words for many ethnic groups including black, but Nigger was not one of then. More american propoganda, absolute crap. My great grandfather served in the light horse in Egypt and I spoke to him about his thoughts on Egypt before he died. You idiots stoop so low it makes me sick.

Im not even sure why I even come back as little as I do these days, to read the slow deteriation of a once god site.

Ozzy

Wow! I guess to some people the truth can be a SOB!

All one has to do is Goggle > anzac + nigger and you'll get 5,440 hits!

Here's a sampling:

From an Anzac diary:

The diary [http://www.nzhistory.net.nz/Gallery/Anzac/BollDi.htm] which Bollinger kept from the time he left Wellington on 16 October 1914 documents superbly the experiences and shifting attitudes of a New Zealand soldier during the Gallipoli campaign. At first there is unqualified enthusiasm for battle, expressed in his desire for a 'BRUSH-UP' WITH THE 'NIGGERS' OF CAIRO..."

Here's more "American propaganda":

"Is it true that of all the worlds country's you (Australians) have the most slang terms for visitors or new Australian's....such as but not limited to:
Slopes, Chinks, Niggers, Boongs, Coons, Wogs, Spics, Greezers, Wops, Abos', and many many more.....is that true.?"

Actually, I think this site is probably much improved...

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wally,you don't even quote your sources right. The quote you referenced is on this website http://www.dnzb.govt.nz/dnzb/default.asp?Find_Quick.asp?PersonEssay=3B39

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo*geo
Member # 3466

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for neo*geo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is getting ridiculous. Put wally back in the cage...
Posts: 887 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
Wally,you don't even quote your sources right. The quote you referenced is on this website http://www.dnzb.govt.nz/dnzb/default.asp?Find_Quick.asp?PersonEssay=3B39

The Quote I made was sufficient. The point is the same. http://www.nzhistory.net.nz/Gallery/Anzac/BollDi.htm
And it's odd that those others who cannot pose a logical or factual contradition must resort to name calling. Or childishly try to evade reality by forcing my posting away. Bump the truth! Indeed!

[This message has been edited by Wally (edited 26 March 2004).]

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com