EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Food in ancient Egypt and some survials of it amung the rural Egyptians.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Food in ancient Egypt and some survials of it amung the rural Egyptians.
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://home.comcast.net/~hebsed/hansen.htm
Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keino
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
http://home.comcast.net/~hebsed/hansen.htm

Interesting how they eat mice. I don't think I can swing with the mice meal..LOL It seem like they ate all of the basic dishes we eat today, but why wouldn't they right? Sometimes we who are alive today seem to think of people in the past as animals or like only we really know how do do things. I guess its our arrogance. It still is interesting how they ate beef and other meats raw, but roasted chicken. Chicken is the worst thing to eat raw because of its E. coli and other organisms. I would like to eat the recreated ancient food of Egypt. I love eating foreign and exotic foods. I have ate foods from all over the world but have not eaten anything authentically Egyptian. Ausar and other egyptians, what are some disehes that are soley Egyptian? I would really like to try them and share them with others like I do with so many other ethnic foods including my homeland food!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We also have documentation that Egyptians ate papyrus stalks and even a form of papyrus stalk and beans during the Greco-roman times. This was a peasent dish that might just be the precussor to the modern dish of Ful Medames that is enjoyed by the rural and urban people alike in modern Egypt.

The only authenic Egyptian food that seems to be indigenous and free from Turkish and Arabic influces if Ful Medames and Falafel[called tamiya] which is said to have originated in Egypt.

We also have a caviore dish in Egypt that also survives from pharoanic times.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com