EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Trade in Kemet

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Trade in Kemet
Kem-Au
Member # 1820

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kem-Au     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This post is a continuation of the discussion Ausar and Ozzy were having about trade in AE.

quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
Most of the raw materials came from modern day Lebanon[Byblos] and further south in Nubia. The raw materials mostly came from a trype of trade between these two nations. Furniture was made of hard ebony wood or from cedar was was only found south and east of Egypt.

Not really certain about the grain surplus,nor does anything get mentioned untill the time of the 9th and 10th dyansty when it talks about a drought that disabled Egypt and Egyptians.

I will have look more into this,but material on this is very hard to come by. Egyptian texts themselves don't give much detail or information.

Egyptian texts date to the era of the 6th dyansty document this trade with the land of Yam.

When it comes to Asia, it seems that gold was one of the most sought after commodities out of AE. I can't say for sure that they used this for trade, but I have a few documentaries that show foreign kings begging for gold.

And Ozzy, right now I doubt that AE's would have waged war to get foreign goods. I wouldn't put it past them, but from what I can tell, they simply weren't a very warlike people. There battles are very well documented, but that may have more to do with a modern fascination with war. Even Djhutimes III may have only sought to ensure that Kemet was never invaded again when he pushed the borders farther.

Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com