EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Curse of the pharohs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Curse of the pharohs
EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EgyptianDoc77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

evening all

could i have some of your opinions about the curse of the pahrohs

thx all

------------------
Dr.M.Lotfy
Resident Doctor of Dermatology & Andrology

Posts: 689 | From: Miami Beach, FL | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most of the so-called curses of the pharoahs were due to bateria found in deep tombs. These bateria agents killed many people,and thus spread a wide reputation for the curses. People inhaled the bateria end causing sudden death. Nothing supernatural about it,but I still believe in curses.
Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiggleGirl
Member # 3822

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiggleGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
Most of the so-called curses of the pharoahs were due to bateria found in deep tombs. These bateria agents killed many people,and thus spread a wide reputation for the curses. People inhaled the bateria end causing sudden death. Nothing supernatural about it,but I still believe in curses.

How long are these bacterium capable of surviving for? Thousands of years? Weren't some people killed by fungi spores that were released from the tombs when they were opened then were inhaled into their lungs and then, fueled by the moisture and warmth, deveoloped and killed them?

Posts: 293 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mody
Member # 3902

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mody   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the pharohs were the best magicians in the world,the priest of the different gods were practicing different kinds of magic,and black magic too,so who knows,maybe they used it to push people away,magic lasts forever

------------------
www.face-pic.com/aqua_vilva

Posts: 165 | From: alexandria | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes,Giigle what you stated is how most people died while evcating tombs. Every one of these curses have a reasonable explnation to them.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keino
unregistered

Icon 12 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:

It is most likely that the organisms were fungi b/c most bacteria do not form spores but many fungi go. Actinomyces and Anthracis bacillus (organism that causes anthrax pneumonia) are the only spore forming bacteria that I can think of off the top of my head. On the other hand many fungi form spores. Some fungi like aspergillious and coccidiomycoces and blastomycoces cause a fulmanent form of pneumonia that is potentially deadly to immunosuppressed such as elderly persons. Tuberculosis pneumonia is an intracellular organism that survives, metabolizes and reproduces mostly inside of cells. I'm sure they have already identified the organism that caused the "curse" but I am studying for boards and just wanted an excuse to type on this board and well as review things that I need to study. Kill two birds with one stone I guess.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Osiris II
Member # 3079

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Osiris II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A perfect example of the fungi that can exist in tombs is that of the tomb of Tutankhamen--have you ever noticed in pictures or in person that the paintings are covered with small, dark black/brown dots? That is the growth of fungi.
There are cases of visitors to tombs coming down with a severe type of bronchitis. I fact, one woman recently died after she and her husband had toured the tombs. She seemed just very as if she was a veritable breeding-ground for the bactirium in the tombs. Comments have also been made by excavators working in tombs of the fine, powdery "dust" that is often found. It seems correct to believe that it was something put in the tombs by ancient Egyptians to protect the burials.
Who knows what type of "curse" was put on the tombs?

Posts: 174 | From: Long Beach, CA U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El Kadafi
Member # 4193

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for El Kadafi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Magick is very real, their "gods" are actually Jinn and they worship them. So I believe curses may be real but I wonder if it borders superstition.
Posts: 58 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Ancient Egyptians never whorshiped their gods. The gods known as ntr were symbolic and had many atributes of one supreme deity known as Maat.

Keino
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by El Kadafi:
Magick is very real, their "gods" are actually Jinn and they worship them. So I believe curses may be real but I wonder if it borders superstition.

Many superstitions have some truth to it. I think that truth works through the realm of nature and science.

[This message has been edited by Keino (edited 10 May 2004).]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com