EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Information technology in Kemet

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Information technology in Kemet
Kem-Au
Member # 1820

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kem-Au     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is anyone aware of the techniques used to spread news in Kemet, or even similar techniques that exist today? I was reading about how ancient travellers to Kemet were amazed at how info travelled almost instantly over great distances, without the aid of radio, television or morse code.

I've read that they made use of rythmic symbols to spread news instantly to other areas many miles away. Anyone have more info on this?

Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no information on what you are seeking;however I believe that both Nubians and Egyptians used large drums to encode infromation over the large tracts of the Nile. Information can be carried long distances over the Nile with great ease.

What ancient travelers did you read this from?

The ancient Kemetians also had a series of ways to encode information within the mdu ntr to secure secreacy. The first people to use code in the history of humanity were the ancient Kemetians.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kem-Au
Member # 1820

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kem-Au     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The info came from Van Sertima's text, Blacks in Science. It's pretty cheap, but I can let you borrow it if you like.
Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah,I know where Van Sertima got it from. I thought the book was good,and well supported by references. You could scan the articles if you wish,and email them to me,please? Van Sertima was using Charles Breasted,late son of Egyptologist James Henery Breasted,for the reference.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com