EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Noah's Ark

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Noah's Ark
Kem-Au
Member # 1820

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kem-Au     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A little off topic, but some scientists believe they may have found Noah's ark. Go to: http://home.netscape.com/. There's a news box that pops up. You can read the story there.
Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackman
Member # 1807

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kem-Au,
I doubt it is Noah's Ark, but it would be good to actually know what the structure is or is not.

However, relating to AE. Ham is the son of Noah and the father of Mizarim. Mizarim is the biblical father of the ancient egyptians.

Who is Mizarim suppose to be?
Could it be Menes, Namer, or the Scorpion King?

Posts: 342 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kem-Au
Member # 1820

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kem-Au     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by blackman:
Kem-Au,
I doubt it is Noah's Ark, but it would be good to actually know what the structure is or is not.

However, relating to AE. Ham is the son of Noah and the father of Mizarim. Mizarim is the biblical father of the ancient egyptians.

I'm really the wrong person to ask, but I doubt it. I'd guess that Mizriam is either a play on an AE word like Menefer or possibly refers to all of Egypt itself.

If it were an actual person, then I'd guess that Ham was a real person as well, so who was he?

Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun
Member # 1813

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amun   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by blackman:

I think the names are just symbolic not meaning real individuals. He had children named Mizarim, Punt, and Cush. It's like saying Ham was the father of Africans. Mizarim is the Hebrew name for Egypt, Cush could have been in reference to the Nubians and Ethiopians. I've heard two different explanations for Punt. Some say it is Libya, others say it is modern day Somalia. That's the best explanation I can give for that story.

Posts: 338 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mizraim means dual in Hebrew or the two lands reffering to Upper and Lower Egypt.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horemheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Noah is a myth and none of those people existed. All of that was written in the 6th century AD centures after it was supposed to have happened. It is valuable from a religious point of view but worthless for use in history.
Posts: 5822 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com