EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Invasions of neighboring civilizations

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Invasions of neighboring civilizations
multisphinx
Member # 3595

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for multisphinx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Throught out AE HISTORY there has been invasions from north, south, east, and west of Egypt. These invasions had deep impact on Egypt sometimes. Since the time of the Arabs and turks taken power of egypt and the many foriegners who settled in to live in Egypt. Would this make most of the People in the Delta like the white people in South Africa not really Egyptian or African. For example the sayin that Africa is for African, in most books i have read they exclude the whites of South Africa to foreigners and not African would that be the same for the so called Egyptian of the DELTA REGION, AND THESE egyptian can usually be distinguished from the real egyptian, becuase they are light in color and look more European or foriegn.
Posts: 671 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
multisphinx,light complected Egyptians in the Delta are just as Egyptian as black Egyptians in Luxor or Aswan or light brown Egyptians in Middle Egypt. People in the delta are not always light like in the case with Umm Kulthum and Nawal Saadawi from the Delta regions. I have a personal friend of mine who is from zagazig and whose mother has green eyes yet her hair is very kinky.

Some mixture has occured in the Delta since pre-dyanstic times going into Egyptian civlization. By the 12th dyansty the Delta and Southern Upper Egypt was already distinguished according to the Egyptian text Tales of Sinhue which states a Marsh man[Delta man] is confused in Elephantine[modern day Aswan],so this reflects how diverse the Egyptian population was.

During the late pyramid you also had Libyans[modern day berbers] who settled in parts of the eastern Delta bringing portions of their families.

Of course,there was also major mixing between Greeks and Egyptians around certain parts of Middle Egypt like Minya,Asyut, and Faiyum. Marriages and mixed children occured most often in these regions.

I pointed out previously that Cairo was aswash with foreginers like Turks,Circassian Mamelukes,white slavic slaves,and Syrian Arabs . However,most never bother with the rural country side in Saeed[Upper Egypt].

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sesostris
Member # 4073

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sesostris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is an interesting question, "What contitutes a denizen fron a citezen." I don not believe that the appearence of a person has much to do with whether a person is a true Egyptian (or of any nationality for that matter)I believe it is more based on the contribution of the people.

The white people of south Africa, have not be considered Africans by most Africans becuase for the most part they have oppressed the natives of south Africa. In our day and age and in the future, there will be much less exploitation and more cooperation and over time the people of Africa will no longer have need to make that difstinction.

Posts: 23 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
multisphinx
Member # 3595

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for multisphinx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ausur what i am saying is that these people like the turks, arabs,etc who came and settled in EGYPT are not true egyptians. They would only be considered egyptian because they are born on the egyptian soil. But they are still not true egyptians right. eVEN If some of them had married egyptian they more of what they really are. Also
Sesostris says
"I don not believe that the appearence of a person has much to do with whether a person is a true Egyptian (or of any nationality for that matter)I believe it is more based on the contribution of the people."
I think it does becuase most of the light skinned people of the delta are turks.

Posts: 671 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
multisphinx, many of the elite Egyptians are Turks,Arabs,and even some Syrians. If you want to,akee, you can talk to me in personal yahoo messenger under the name a_m_e_n_e_m_h_e_t. I can explain it better in words than I can write it. So if you would please.

I think what Sesotris was saying applies to ancient Egypt more than modern Egypt.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El Kadafi
Member # 4193

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for El Kadafi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a descendent of a a Janissary Corps member who was sent to crush a rebellion in Upper Egypt by the Ottomans.
Posts: 58 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Janissaries were Christains that Ottomans kidnapped from the Balkans and forced into their military. Instreading that still some of their desendants might live in Upper Egypt. Tell me more about these people,akee. I am aware that many Nubians in Northern Sudan also have mixture with Balkan troops that were stationed there.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com