EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » The Age of the Pyramids

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Age of the Pyramids
Sesostris
Member # 4073

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sesostris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been wondering for a long time what is the true story of the pyramids. I do not believe that they are an alien creation. I believe they are a resulf of lost technologies. Ancient oral traditions say that they were done with various symbols and metals which would lead me to wonder to the possibility of magnets. I have also heard a varied amount of dates for the creation. going as far back as 12,000 years as told by Herodotus to about 5,000 years ago.

I would like to know any theories or finds that anyone here has made. Also many of the same questions arise about the sphinx as well. i would appreciate any comments or opinions.

Posts: 23 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keino
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sesostris:
I have been wondering for a long time what is the true story of the pyramids. I do not believe that they are an alien creation. I believe they are a resulf of lost technologies. Ancient oral traditions say that they were done with various symbols and metals which would lead me to wonder to the possibility of magnets. I have also heard a varied amount of dates for the creation. going as far back as 12,000 years as told by Herodotus to about 5,000 years ago.

I would like to know any theories or finds that anyone here has made. Also many of the same questions arise about the sphinx as well. i would appreciate any comments or opinions.

I have always and still is puzzled by the building of the pyramids. I understand how we build things today, and how technology has arose out of accumulation of scientific knowledge. However, I am still in awe as to how these people build such magnificant structures. I think the western wolrd as a whole is in awe and confusion concerning these structures. The pyramids will even be a task to build today. With the technology we have today, if the builders of the pyramids and their intellect and ingenuity were alive today, God knows what we would have accomplished. I know that their science is what allowed us to be where we are today with technology, but I think they were just extremely intelligent people. They wealth of human potential is amazing!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com